From: Friday, Jul 29th, 2022
To: Sunday, Aug 7th, 2022
A unique pride like no other – All Aboard this August in 2022
2021 update – the canal pride will return in 2022, but other events will still go ahead as planned.
Amsterdam gay pride is one of the most anticipated pride events in Europe and takes place in the height of Summer in early August. The event attracts thousands of locals and overseas visitors. The main Amsterdam pride parade is quite unique, taking place on the canals across the city.
After the parade the gayborhood on Reguliersdwarsstraat hosts some great street parties and is home to the city’s gay bars and clubs. The gay district is located in the centre of the Amsterdam. The liberal and relaxed attitude of the city and its inhabitants have made Amsterdam one of the most gay friendly destinations in the world.
Amsterdam Pride Circuit Parties
You can expect epic circuit parties and special club nights during the week of Amsterdam Pride, including:
- Backdoor Party, with great guest DJs and a fun crowd.
- Rapido and Funhouse nights which are one of the city’s signature gay events.
- Bear Necessity Pride edition, for bears, admirers and fans. Attitude free.
- Club Church underwear party is yet to be confirmed.
Amsterdam Pride Walk
- 31st July, 11:00 – 13:30, Westermarkt
- The Pride Walk is a ‘showcase’ of the Amsterdam LGBTI+ community. We show our diversity and our strength and ask attention for things that have not been realized yet. We start at the Homomonument and we finish at the Vondelpark, where you can stay for the event ‘Pride Park’.
Amsterdam Pride Park
- 31st July, 13.30 – 22.00, Vondelpark
- The Official Opening of Pride at the Vondelpark with a huge stage featuring live acts, djs, drag queens, dancers and more.
Amsterdam Pride at the Beach
- 2nd – 4th August, 14.00 – 23.30, Zandvoort
- Amsterdam Pride at the beach is a colourful 3 day event and festival in Zandvoort with great parties.
Open Air Cinema
- 2nd – 5th August, 21.00 – 23.30, Mercatorplein
- Join the open air cinema at Mercatorplein with 400 free seats available showing classic and new movies with an LGBTQ theme.
- 4th – 8th August, Across Amsterdam
- The city will host open street parties across the city during the pride event. Access will be with a prior reservation only. Tickets will go on sale on the official website. The one not to miss is the Pride Closing Party on Dam Square from 14.00 to 22.00 on Sunday August 8th.
- The canal pride will return in 2022, 12.30 – 18.00, Oosterdok – Nieuwe Herengracht – Amstel – Prinsengracht – Westerdok
- The world famous canal parade is one of the most unique parades in the world and is the highlight of the entire Amsterdam Pride festivities.
- The canal parade is the festival’s centrepiece, where lavishly decorated barges give the term ‘float’ a literal meaning. On the second Saturday of the festival, participants on 80 vessels soak up the Dutch sun and put on a show with their onboard DJs, show-stopping themes and plenty of smiles, pleasing all spectators on the banks of the Prinsengracht and Amstel River. Smaller boats line the canal walls and at the mouths of adjoining canals, enjoying the party by shimmying up to each other, forming a huge flotilla of fun.
- 8th August, 14.00 – 22.00 Dam Square
- Celebrate in the city’s most famous square. Enjoy an amazing atmosphere, world class performers and a fun evening at the heart of Amsterdam.
Other Circuit Parties
Other events to be confirmed include the Drag Queen Olympics, with events like the Handbag Throw, The high heel race and the tug of war. On previous years over 30 drag queens have taken part in the hilarious event. The Pride Closing Party at the Rembrandtplein is also a popular event.
Where to Stay?
Hotel rooms in Amsterdam tend to be smaller than you may be used to, because most of the buildings are narrow and tall.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
If you would like to know more about gay Amsterdam check out www.gayamsterdam4u.com
Gay Map of Amsterdam
The Amsterdam gay scene is constantly changing with bars opening and closing all the time. The Regulierswarstraat has seen a resurgence of late with many new bars opening. The sex and cruising bars are close to Dam square.
Recommended Apartments in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is quite compact and is very easy to navigate on foot (just watch out for the bicycles). The main gay areas are in the center and are within easy walk to most of the Apartments below.
Sleeps 2 Guests
This beautiful luxury apartment is located at one of the most desired locations in Amsterdam with canal view at the famous Prinsen Canal and nearly adjacent to the famous “9 Streets area”. All amenities you would expect
Sleeps 4 Guests
Right in the heart of Amsterdam with views of Amstel River. offering 2 bedrooms, a living room with a flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with a dining area, and 2 bathrooms and a washing machine. Free WiFi
18th Century Canal
Sleeps 4 Guests
This 18th Century ground floor canal house with patio/garden is close to Royal Palace offering 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a dining area, a fully equipped kitchen, and offers river views.
Sleeps 4 Guests
This Amsterdam city centre luxurious canal apartment offers 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, a dining area, a fully equipped kitchen, a patio with city views, free WiFi and a washing machine.
Video Of Amsterdam Gay Pride
CANAL PARADE AFTER MOVIE | PRIDE AMSTERDAM 2019
Recommended Hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is quite compact and is very easy to navigate on foot (just watch out for the bicycles). The main gay areas are in the centre and are within easy walk to most of the hotels below.
5 Star – Central Location
This 5 star hotel offers luxurious accommodation along the Amstel River, in the heart of the city. Offering a fitness area, spa and a waterside terrace.
5 Star, Luxury
Built in the 17th century making it the oldest hotel in Amsterdam, NH Collection Amsterdam is a boutique style hotel located along the Amstel River.
Albus Hotel Amsterdam
4 Star – Great Amenities
Each room in this 4 star Amsterdam city centre hotel has a flat-screen TV, Nespresso machine, a rain shower and a bathrobes and free Wi-Fi.
4 Star – Perfect Location
Offering rooms with free Wi-Fi and satellite TV, this 4 star hotel is just a 5 minute walk from Amsterdam Central Station and is fully air conditioned.
Why you may want a car in Amsterdam
Keukenhof situated in Lisse, South Holland also known as the Garden of Europe with approximately 7 million flower bulbs are planted annually in the park, which covers an area of 32 hectares.
Discover the Dutch countryside with a drive through the picture-perfect landscape with its canals, authentic wooden houses, windmills and fishing villages.
Discover Bruges just a 3h drive from Amsterdam and one of the most captivating cities in Belgium explore the churches, canals, lace shops, the Begijnhof, the city gates and the eye-catching windmills of Bruges.