From: Friday, July 19, 2024
To: Monday, July 22, 2024
Pride in the gay capital of Germany, Cologne, 2024
Note – in 2024 Cologne Pride moves to later in July due to a conflict in dates with The European Football Championships.
Gay Pride Cologne and the Cologne CSD parade are part of a larger Gay Pride Festival, which includes several cultural events, concerts and parties. Cologne is the 4th largest city in Germany and is one of the most gay-friendly destinations in Europe.
- Are you visiting Cologne Pride? Stay close to the party at 25 Hours Hotel Koeln The Circle, rated “Fabulous” by guests featuring beautifully decorated rooms and an excellent on-site bar and restaurant.
CSD Cologne Street Festival
- Friday to Sunday (19th to 21st July 2024) – Events kick off in Cologne’s charming Old City district at 6 pm on Friday with a huge Street Festival.
- Street parties take place on the Heumarkt, Alter Markt, Gürzenichstraße and Elogiusplatz.
- After the official opening, three stages burst into life. The Street Party includes food trucks, bars, information stands, vendor booths across several nearby squares, and a complete stage program featuring local and international acts, DJs, drag queens and liver performances.
- Don’t miss the daily dance stage shows at Günter-Wand-Platz and the Friday Opening Party at Odonien/artheater/Helios37.
- Stay close to the Pride celebrations at Maison Marasil, a design hotel rated “Fabulous” by guests in the heart of the old town, featuring individually designed rooms and apartments.
Cologne Pride Parade
- Sunday 21st July 2024 – Cologne Gay Pride Parade starts from Deutzer Brücke, working its way through the old town to Komödienstraße, with over 120 floats participating in the parade.
- The parade typically kicks off at noon. Deutzer Brücke offers a panoramic view of the historic old town (Altstadt).
- If you plan on visiting, book your hotel in the gay district early, as this is one of the most popular Summer pride events in July.
Pride Festival Cologne
- Friday to Monday – The Cologne Pride Festival hosts a weekend of pride circuit parties featuring international DJs, dancers and fantastic stage shows with live performances, dancers and large play areas.
- Events end with the world-famous Greenkom and Naughty after-parties (day and night parties).
Sexy Cologne Pride Festival Main Event
- Saturday – Sexy Cologne Pride Edition A unique one-off special edition of the Sexy party with 14 different DJs, four stages, XXL play area and an amusement park!
Babylon Pool Party
- Sunday – The Babylon Pool party is the perfect way to end your Cologne Pride celebrations on Monday.
Cologne Pride Fetish Events
- Friday – Xtreme Cologne, with more than 2,000 sexy fetish fans taking over a massive warehouse location with international DJs and massive play space.
- Saturday – Cologne Partyboat, hot sounds and hot guests invite you to a tour on the river in the sun and drinks on the XXL open-air party deck.
- Cologne has two distinct pockets of gay activity: Schaafenstrasse, Rudolfplatz, and the streets around Heumarkt, closer to the Dom/Central station.
- The city’s two major gay areas ensure something for all tastes, from the older leather scene on the Old Town’s Heumarkt-Mathiasstrasse to the more modern area around Rudolfplatz, catering to the young and trendy.
- Head to ExCorner, Cologne’s best gay bar with cosy interiors and attractive, young clientele.
- Ruhrpott, offers delicious nibbles and fantastic cocktails..
- Die Mumu, is the place to go if you want to dance late into the night.
Where to stay during Cologne Pride?
- Our top trending hotel is the Hyatt Regency Cologne, just a short ride away from the Pride Festival and has excellent views of the Cathedral, the old town and the river Rhine.
The following Cologne hotels are close to the city’s gay bars and the pride celebrations:
Gay Map of Cologne
There two gay areas in Cologne: Rudolfplatz, known locally as the “Bermuda Triangle” is more modern in style with Many of the cafes, bars and clubs around have started during the last twenty years. The Old Town is home to more Traditional pubs and bars for mixed ages.
Recommended Hotels in Cologne By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Cologne that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
- 5-star, health club, large indoor pool.
- Close to the gay district.
- Soundproofed, marble bathroom.
- Prime city center location, luxurious amenities, ideal for relaxation.
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4-star, unique bar, vibrant ambiance.
- Close to the gay district.
- Air-conditioned, flat-screen TV.
- Creative design, central location, perfect for a unique experience.
4 Star, Great Value
- 4-star, indoor pool, modern equipped gym.
- Close to the gay district.
- Flat-screen TV, elegant interiors.
- Heart of Cologne, great value, modern facilities, leisure comfort.
- Modern-style, central, free WiFi.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Designer furniture, equipped kitchen.
- Quiet yet central, ideal for longer stays, close to attractions.
Video of Cologne Gay Pride
Christopher Street Day – Cologne / Köln Official Video
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Cologne
Cologne, affectionately referred to as the “Gay Capital of Germany”, boasts vibrant gay neighbourhoods brimming with history, culture, and LGBTQ+ pride. The city’s heart beats loudly in the districts of Rudolfplatz and the Old Town’s famous Bermuda Triangle.
Altstadt-Nord | Cologne Old Town
- Cologne’s gay scene is around Heumarkt-Mathiasstrasse in the Old Town (Altstadt). It is the city’s original gayborhood.
- The gaybourhood is home to low-key gay bars, a leather vibe and famous cruise clubs.
- One of the pioneering districts for LGBTQ+ rights in Germany, it hosts several post-parade parties during Cologne Pride.
- Discover the best things to see and do in the old town.
Nicknamed “The Bermuda Triangle”, located west of town and home to Babylon & Phoenix saunas.
Known for its hip atmosphere offering a blend of chic boutiques, trendy restaurants, & lively bars.