From: Saturday, July 27, 2024
To: Sunday, August 4, 2024
Va..va…voom.. August is Pride Season in Vancouver in 2024
Vancouver gay pride is one of the most largest prides in North America and takes place in the sizzling Canadian Summer months of July & August attracting thousands of people from all around the world.
The Gay Village
- Hotels in Davie Village can fill up fast so book early. There are some great places to stay in West End area which is a short walk from the village.
- The Burrard is a charming and trendy 3 star hotel with great amenities. The Hyatt Regency Vancouver is the perfect 5 star option for those looking for a luxury escape, while The Sutton Place Hotel puts you front and centre for every pride activity.
Vancouver Pride Parade
- Vancouver Pride falls on the Sunday of the BC Day Long Weekend which falls on the 5th of August in 2024.
- Sunday Aug 4th, 2024 – New Route for Canada Pride – Instead of starting on Robson and Thurlow streets and making its way down Denman Street to English Bay, the parade’s floats, dancers and participants will launch from the intersection of Denman and Davie streets, near English Bay, and proceed about four kilometres down Beach Avenue and Pacific Street.
- To get to the parade take the bus or SkyTrain (Granville Station is within easy walking distance of the Parade starting point) as traffic restrictions are in place across the city.
- Upgrade your Pride Vancouver experience at The Opus, rated “Wonderful” by guests, located on Davie Street, close to the parade route and parties.
Parade Festival After Party
- Saturday Aug 3rd and Sun Aug 4th, 2024 – The parade will end at the Vancouver Pride Festival site at Concord Community Park near Science World, on the north side of False Creek.
- The event will also expand programming to two days, adding more entertainment, music and vendors. (this was formerly the Sunset Beach Festival)
Davie Street Party
- The Davie Street Party is one of the most enjoyable events of the weekend. Davie Street, in Vancouver’s West End, has been the historic epicentre for gay partying in Vancouver for decades; it’s home to most of the best Gay & Lesbian Nightlife in the city. So it’s no surprise that the Davie Street Party in Davie Village kicks off the partying side of Vancouver Pride Week.
- The Davie Street Party isn’t just an adult affair: from 4pm – 6pm, the street party with be free and all-ages. At 6pm, there will be a 19+, ticketed area for adults only.
- Stay close to the parties at The Level Yaletown, rated “Excellent” by guests, featuring stylish apartments with high end amenities, a pool, hot tub, modern gym and high end amenities.
Bubly Davie Street Lounge
- Awaiting dates – Starting off with Pride Premiere, the Davie Lounge will be a hub of queer creativity and expression, hosting a series of events that showcase the diverse talents within our community.
- Programming will include takeovers by Queers & Beers, DJ Softieshan, The Haven and more! You can also look forward to performances by local icons ENBY 6 and Virago Nation, a comedy showcase by Comedy Here Often? and a groundbreaking event that marks an important milestone: the first-ever all-Black Pride party presented by AfroQueer.
- Check the full program.
Menagerie XL Circuit Weekend
- Awaiting dates – Vancouver Pride hosts some of the biggest circuit parties in North America. Menagerie XL features three days and nights of events with world class DJs, taking over some of the city’s biggest venues to host parties including an epic Harbour Event and convention takeover, the Nocturnal Pride After Hours event, House of Bride, Ark The Boat Cruise Pride Party and Primal, the closing event.
- The Bearracuda Bear Weekend has been unable to find a venue, so its set to return in 2024.
The Gay Agenda Pride Vancouver Weekend
- Awaiting Dates – The Gay Agenda brings together three epic parties over the Pride weekend including Cruise, Bear Puddle and the Pride Weekend Closing party in some of the city’s top destinations.
Other events during Vancouver Pride Week
- Vancouver’s Pride Week has plenty of events for those seeking to join the festivities, culminating in the Pride Parade on the Sunday.
- The days and weeks leading up to the parade and festival are always packed with spectacular events that are officially part of the fabulous Pride fun.
- Notable events include the East Side Pride, a family friendly event in Grandview Park near Commercial Drive and The Picnic in the Park at Stanley Park.
Popular Gay Vancouver Bars
- Celebrities Nightclub – Dance the Night Away: If you’re looking for a multi-level dance experience with pulsating lights and electrifying beats, Celebrities is the place to be. Don’t be surprised if you spot a local or international celebrity enjoying the vibes!
- 1181 Lounge – Sophisticated Sips: Slide into this upscale lounge with its plush seating and classy ambiance. The perfect spot for a craft cocktail and intimate conversations, perhaps while eyeing a dapper gentleman or two.
- The Junction – Diverse Delight: From drag shows to dancing, The Junction has it all. Visit during the day for a more relaxed pub atmosphere, and stay until evening for the party to truly begin.
- PumpJack Pub – Leather and Levis: Known for its leather and denim crowd, PumpJack offers a kinkier side to the Davie Street scene. With a variety of themed nights, you might find yourself amidst a crowd of bears, puppies, or even just those who love to sing karaoke.
- Fountainhead Pub – Chill Vibes: This relaxed pub is a favorite for both locals and visitors. Good food, great drinks, and even better company make it a staple in the LGBTQ+ community.
- Numbers Cabaret – Levels of Fun: With multiple floors and a variety of entertainment options, from DJs to karaoke, Numbers has been keeping the Davie Street scene alive for decades.
Recommended Hotels in Vancouver
The following hotels are close to the city’s top attractions. Note, the gay area, Davie Village, is quite compact and all within walking distance of the pride events.
Gay Map of Vancouver
Located in the heart of Vancouver’s West End neighbourhood (home to Western Canada’s largest gay population), Davie Village is where you’ll find vibrant pink bus shelters, lazy cafés, mouthwatering multicultural cuisine, oceanside strollers and sizzling nightclubs.
Recommended Hotels in Vancouver By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Vancouver that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
- 5-Star, On-site Spa, Gourmet Restaurant
- Close to the gay district
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
- Central location, luxurious amenities, minutes from Robson St, ideal for a sophisticated stay
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4-Star, Indoor Pool, Sauna
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Harbour or mountain views
- Located in city centre, indoor pool, sauna, and comfort with modern amenities, perfect for relaxation and exploration
Blue Horizon Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
- 4-Star, Indoor Pool, Steam Bath
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Balcony with city view
- Situated on Robson Street, offers contemporary rooms with balconies, city skyline views, ideal for shopping and dining enthusiasts
3 Star, Location
- 3-Star, Lounge, Coffee Shop
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Modern amenities, stylish decor
- Downtown location, unique outdoor lounge, free bike rentals, perfect for an urban adventure in Vancouver
Video Of Vancouver Pride
Highlights of the Vancouver pride with interviews and more!