From: Friday, Feb 15th, 2019
To: Sunday, Mar 3rd, 2019
The Program is long – but so is the Journey – & Its worth it!
The Mardi Gras Parade is the highlight of the Sydney Mardi Gras and will take place on March 2nd 2019 and is not to be missed.
Highlights for Sydney Mardi Gras include
- Fair Day – A full-on fabulous day of fun and adventure where you can chill with a picnic spread, browse the community stalls or kick up your heels and have a dance in Victoria Park.
- The Main Parade – A bustling extravaganza that brings Sydney to a standstill and shines a global spotlight on LGBTQI lives, culture, communities and creativity.
- The Mardi Gras Party – After the spectacular Parade, come and enjoy the night with over 12,000 of your newest and closest friends! The Mardi Gras Party is Australia’s biggest LGBTQI event of the year.
The Oxford Street entertainment strip hosts many major Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras events and is also home to the city’s best-known gay venues. To give your dance shoes a workout, head to clubs like ARQ.
For a touch of class, head into the city to ivy, which features a popular open-air Pool Club Bar for the beautiful people and their admirers. ivy celebrates Sydney Mardi Gras with a Pool Party, meant to evoke the decadent atmosphere of Palm Springs and St Tropez.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action,
Video Of Sydney Mardi Gras
PARTY 2016 – Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
Recommended Hotels in Sydney
For clubbing and nightlife, Oxford Street, Darlinghurst/Surry Hills is still the heart of gay Sydney. Most of the hotels we have selected are close to these districts. Newtown, Erskineville and Glebe are worthy of a visit. These villages have great communities, cafes, pubs and eateries. Kings Cross/Potts Point area aslo offers great gay-friendly dining options.
Hotel Stellar, 4 Star
Located in the heart of Sydney, just 80 m from Hyde Park & Oxford Street,spacious apartments with kitchen.
Other Events in February
Latest Gay Travel News
- Our guide to the best parties to attend at Sydney Mardi GrasFriday, Nov 16th, 2018 - 4:57 pm
Our guide to the best parties to attend at Sydney Mardi Gras, from The Sissy ball to kick off at Fair Day right down to the end of parade parties at Laneway
- 7 Gay Summer Escapes for the Winter!Saturday, Nov 10th, 2018 - 4:31 pm
Our top 7 Summer escapes for Winter including the very best islands, Phuket and Gran Canaria, resorts such as Puerto Vallarta and cities such as Los Angeles.
- The Best Gay Ski WeeksSunday, Oct 7th, 2018 - 1:32 pm
From the Apres Ski parties in Aspen to the slopes of Queenstown in September, here are the top gay ski weeks to attend in 2019!