From: Friday, Feb 26th, 2021
To: Monday, Mar 8th, 2021
The Program is long – but so is the Journey – & Its worth it!
The Mardi Gras Parade is the highlight of the Sydney Mardi Gras and will take place on February 29th and is not to be missed.
Highlights for Sydney Mardi Gras include
- Fair Day – A full-on fabulous day of fun and adventure where you can chill with a picnic spread, browse the community stalls or kick up your heels and have a dance in Victoria Park.
- The Main Parade – A bustling extravaganza that brings Sydney to a standstill and shines a global spotlight on LGBTQI lives, culture, communities and creativity.
- The Mardi Gras Party – After the spectacular Parade, come and enjoy the night with over 12,000 of your newest and closest friends! The Mardi Gras Party is Australia’s biggest LGBTQI event of the year.
The Oxford Street entertainment strip hosts many major Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras events and is also home to the city’s best-known gay venues. To give your dance shoes a workout, head to clubs like ARQ.
For a touch of class, head into the city to ivy, which features a popular open-air Pool Club Bar for the beautiful people and their admirers. ivy celebrates Sydney Mardi Gras with a Pool Party, meant to evoke the decadent atmosphere of Palm Springs and St Tropez.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action,
Video Of Sydney Mardi Gras
PARTY 2016 – Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
Recommended Hotels in Sydney
For clubbing and nightlife, Oxford Street, Darlinghurst/Surry Hills is still the heart of gay Sydney. Most of the hotels we have selected are close to these districts. Newtown, Erskineville and Glebe are worthy of a visit. These villages have great communities, cafes, pubs and eateries. Kings Cross/Potts Point area aslo offers great gay-friendly dining options.
Hotel Stellar, 4 Star
Located in the heart of Sydney, just 80 m from Hyde Park & Oxford Street,spacious apartments with kitchen.
Other Events in February
Latest Gay Travel News
- Gay Mallorca GuideSaturday, Jun 13th, 2020 - 6:31 pm
From the tall palm trees that line the waterfront to the character of the Old town with its Moorish architecture, discover Gay Mallorca and the city of Palma.
- Gay Malta GuideFriday, Jun 12th, 2020 - 2:53 pm
From the charming capital Valletta to the relaxed vibe and blue seas at Gozo, discover our guide to the best bars, restaurants, clubs and places to stay in Gay Malta
- Gay Ibiza GuideWednesday, Jun 10th, 2020 - 12:47 pm
From the historic city walls of the old town and incredible annual events to the uber cool hotels and delicious cuisine, discover more with our insider Ibiza gay guide.
SAVE UP TO 40% ON HOTELS
Find a place to stay
2,573,000+ hotels, homes, apartments, and other unique places to stay...