From: Thursday, February 1, 2024
To: Thursday, February 29, 2024
Definitely a Pride worth visiting – despite the distance!
The Auckland Pride Festival is bringing the love back to the city throughout February! Auckland pride is New Zealand’s biggest and best social and cultural celebration for the Rainbow Community
- Visiting for Auckland pride? Stay close to the parade and festival at the Hotel Fitzroy, rated “Fabulous”, close to the beach and features large rooms and a delicious breakfast menu.
- Feb 1st to Feb 29th, 2024 – Auckland Pride Festival will feature 150 individual events – including local and international theatre and cabaret, visual art exhibitions, live music, film and new media, literature, debates and discussions, drag and burlesque, historical walks, youth events and workshops, sports and recreation, gardening, pets, pageants and parties!
- Note there are two parades on different dates; The Pride Pride and March Party by Auckland Pride in Aotea Square and the Auckland Rainbow Parade on Ponsonby Road
- Gay visitors should check out the Britomart / Downtown districts. The gayborhood is close to the Viaduct and the city’s major attractions. Other popular districts include Karangahape Road and Ponsonby, home to upscale shops, art galleries, cafes, boutiques, and gay nightlife.
- While most Auckland Pride Festival activity will centre around Ponsonby and Karangahape Roads, the Festival’s events will also reach out to West Auckland, South Auckland and into the Hauraki Gulf.
The Big Gay Day Out
- Sunday, Feb 18th 2024 – from Midday to 7pm – Big Gay Day Out is one of the biggest open air gay events to take place during the festival. Each year it attracts more than 10,000 gorgeous LGBTIQ+ people, their whānau and friends, for a day in the sun full of music, food, dance and rainbows.
- The event takes place in Coyle Park in the heart of Auckland, just a 15 minute drive from the CBD.
- Thursday, Feb 1st 2024 – Celebrate the start of the festival with our extraordinary opening event at The Civic Wintergarden.
- Te Tīmatanga features a new work built within te ao Māori that intertwines dance, performance art, circus, kapa haka, taonga pūoro and ritual into an unforgettable night.
Loud and Proud
- Saturday, Feb 3rd 2024 – Loud and Proud is a one-day music festival across Karangahape Rd, starting in the Pitt Street Church and ending at Whammy. Presented by the Audio Foundation.
- Friday, Feb 16th 2024 – A dazzling new venue! Dive into Pride with a special edition of PROPAGANDA! Get ready for a night of non-stop, hands-in-the-air club anthems and pulsating house beats. PROPAGANDA is landing at the all-new, sensational Darby Street Station.
- Saturday Feb 17th 2024 – MISBEHAVIOUR: PARADISE – Auckland’s ultimate sophisticated, late night club party experience, at Everybody’s Downtown – a central bar, great for a cocktail or fun night out.
- Featuring your favourite MISBEHAVIOUR DJs, dancers and performers, MISBEHAVIOUR is Auckland’s ultimate sophisticated, late night club party experience for the LGBTQI+ community and their allies.
Auckland Rainbow Pride Parade
- Saturday 17th Feb 2024 – The Auckland Gay Pride main parade is packed full of love, light and colour; Aotearoa’s largest and loudest carnival of change and diversity.
- The Auckland Rainbow Parade, returns to Ponsonby Road on Saturday, from 7.30 pm to 9 pm.
- Stay in the CBD, just a 4-minute ride to the the parade at the Sofitel Auckland, rated “Fablous” by guests, with designer rooms, delicious breakfasts and a superb pool and spa.
Pride Elevates – Arts and Cultural festival
- From Feb 3rd to March 2nd – Multiple cultural and artistic events take place over 4 weeks during the Pride celebrations.
Auckland Pride March
- Sunday 25th February 2024 – MARCH- Aotea Square from 2.00 pm
- Gathering from 2pm at Aotea Square, formalities and all the fun things from 3pm with the march beginning at 3:30pm.
- The March ends and your party begins at 4:30pm Takutai Square.
Auckland Pride Party
- Sunday 25th February 2024 – PARTY – Takutai Square from 4.30 pm
- Auckland Live’s Pride in the Square features community groups, DJs, drag artists and musicians from across Aotearoa gathering on Takutai Square and turning it into a club of epic proportions.
- Featuring two stages packed with talented rainbow artists, there’s something safe and accessible for every energy level – whether you want to grab a summer cocktail from one of the bars and party all night or make memories with your friends in a quieter space and grab something delicious from a range of food trucks. Celebrate queer joy your way at the Auckland Pride Party this summer.
- Stay just steps from the party at the Airedale Boutique Suites, rated “Fabulous” by guests, featuring stylish and spacious rooms, a modern gym and great lication.
Bear & Leather Events – Bear New Zealand Week
- Feb 1st to 6th 2024 – The annual Bear New Zealand Week kicks off a the start of Auckland’s pride celebrations with a series of parties and events culminating in the election of Mr Bear New Zealand.
Gay Bars and Places to Party in Auckland
- The Eagle – One of the premier gay bars in Auckland, great atmosphere, popular at weekends.
- Family Bar and Club – Famous gay bar, with 4 different bars and areas to party. Host to popular karaoke and drag nights.
- Magenta Bar – Serving delicious food, great drinks and a cosy garden. Popular with locals.
- SPQR Café and Bar – Gay Friendly – Long-running bistro & bar featuring Italian dishes
- Caluzzi Bar and Cabaret – Fun loving venue with a range of live drag acts to be enjoyed along with a full bar & food menu.
- G.A.Y. Auckland – Hot theme nights, sexy staff and warm atmosphere.
Recommended Hotels in Auckland
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action.
Gay Map of Auckland
The gay bars and clubs are located on Karangahape road and have some good hotel and apartments close by that will not break the bank.
Recommended Hotels in Auckland By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Auckland that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
- 5-Star, Central Uptown Location
- Close to the gay district
- High-speed internet, quality textiles
- Central uptown location near museums and galleries, perfect for a luxurious Auckland experience
M Social Auckland
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4-Star, Iconic Quay Street
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Satellite TV, air conditioning
- Situated in the heart of Auckland, offers stunning harbor views, ideal for exploring local shops and cafes
Four Points by Sheraton
4 Star, Great Value
- 4-Star, Restaurant, Fitness Centre
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Flat-screen TV, air conditioning
- Offers comfortable accommodation with a restaurant, fitness center, perfect for a valuable Auckland stay
4 Star, Location
- 4-Star, Modern Apartments
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars
- Satellite TV, kitchenette
- Provides modern apartments with kitchen facilities, ideal for a comfortable and self-sufficient stay
Video Of Auckland Pride
Special coverage of the Auckland Pride Parade