From: Friday, January 12, 2024
To: Monday, January 15, 2024
Historic Leather Event with Cocktail Receptions and Sleazy Afterparties!
Thousands of men descend on DC for a weekend of leather themed debauchery. Enjoy a unique mix of social events, circuit parties, leather meet-ups and the Mr. MAL Contest.
MAL Weekend Washington
- The Mid-Atlantic Leather Weekend (MAL) is a three-day long party and event with participants that now number in the thousands.
- Many of the daily events take place at the host hotel, which books up months in Advance. The host hotel for the event is the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill.
- If you can’t get a room at the host hotel, the following hotels are just a short walk from the host hotel:
Yotel Washington – 1 Minute Walk – High tech hotel with very comfortable rooms just steps from the event.
Hilton Washington DC Capitol Hill – 5 Minute Walk – Rated fabulous, and often preferred by those looking for a relaxed stay.
Kimpton George Hotel – 3 Minute Walk – Steps from union station, spacious rooms and warm gay friendly Kimpton welcome.
The Phoenix Park Hotel – 3 Minute Walk – Charming hotel with stylish rooms and great rates.
The Event Schedule
- The heart of the weekend is the historic leather formal Saturday evening cocktail social, Leather Cocktails.
- Leather Cocktails is the weekend lynchpin gathering from which all other weekend events evolved.
- Other popular events include the Mr International Rubber Cocktail Party, The Onyx Show, The Parade of Colours and Pradeof Titleholders from around the world.
- The Weekend also includes official events organised by weekend hosts, Centaur MC, that include a bustling Leather Exhibit Hall each day featuring more than 23 vendor selling customised leather goods and kinky sexy toys; Sunday brunch; Mr. MAL Contest (1pm to 4pm on the Sunday afternoon) and the official Sunday night closing party.
The Circuit Parties
- Enjoy a full weekend of nightly parties. KINETIC will feature world class DJs, tea dances and after parties at some of the city’s top events.
History of the Leather Weekend
- Started in 1976 as an impromptu cocktail party by a group of Leathermen staying at New York’s Waldorf Astoria, the Mid Atlantic Leather Weekend (MAL for short) grew rapidly and moved to a series of bars in various east coast cities.
- By the mid-eighties, the contest was introduced and the event became a weekend destination party thrown by the DC based group, the Centaurs. Since then, it has not only grown in reputation but also in size.
Where to stay in Gay Washington
With rainbow-colored crosswalks, it’s obvious that this Dupont Circle neighborhood street is the place to be. Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action:
Gay Map of Washington DC
The gay bars in Washington are a little spread out most are within walking distance from Dupont Circle and U Street Metro stations, so we have chosen Hotels close Dupont Circle Metro gay bars as they have high reviews on booking.com our hotel partner .
Recommended Hotels in Washington DC
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Washington DC that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Each room includes a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom where you will find bath robes, free toiletries and a hair dryer. Select rooms offer a seating area. In-room spa services and a yoga mat are also available for guests. You will find a 24-hour front desk and 24-hour fitness centre
4 Star, Readers Choice
Each modern room at the Royal Sonesta Washington DC features a flat-screen TV and plush bedding. Select rooms offer a deep soaking spa bath or a piece of fitness equipment. In-room massage and spa services. A heated pool and sun deck allow guests to relax. The state-of-the-art fitness centre and business centre
The Dupont Circle Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
This hotel is located at the top of Dupont Circle just minutes from the historical landmarks of Washington, D.C. The Dupont Circle Metro station is 120 m away. The rooms at The are furnished with large windows and marble bathrooms. Modern amenities include an iPod docking station, flat-screen TV and free WiFi.
4 Star, Location
Decorated with bright red accents, the modern rooms at Kimpton Banneker Hotel feature a flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi access, and a work desk. An en suite bathroom and a minibar are also included. Bar Rouge offers breakfast, dinner, and weekday happy hour specials in a sleek, modern environment. Morning coffee and tea are available
Video Of Washington’s MAL
Mr. Mid-Atlantic Leather 2020 – David Spivey
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Washington
Washington, D.C. has a thriving LGBTQ+ community that plays a significant role in the city’s cultural, social, and political life. D.C. hosts a variety of LGBTQ+ cultural events and festivals throughout the year. The Capital Pride Festival and Parade, typically held in June, is one of the city’s most significant gay celebrations, featuring a parade, concerts, and other festivities.
Dupont Circle | Close to the city centre
- Dupont Circle has long been considered the heart of D.C.’s LGBTQ+ community.
- It is home to numerous LGBTQ+-friendly bars, restaurants, and businesses.
- The Dupont Circle Fountain, located in the center of the neighborhood, is a popular gathering spot for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Many of the bars and clubs host special events during the annual Capital Pride Festival in late May.
Adjacent to Dupont Circle, Logan Circle has also become a popular LGBTQ+ neighborhood. It offers a mix of bars, restaurants, & cultural attractions.
U Street Corridor
The U Street Corridor is known for its historic ties to the LGBTQ+ community and its vibrant nightlife scene. With several LGBTQ+ bars and clubs.