From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
A Capital Pride in a Capital City – Washington Pride.
Some in person events will take place during Capital Pride this Summer. Two large circuit festivals are also set to go ahead.
Although the main components of Washington, DC Gay Pride are the Capital Pride Parade on Saturday, and the Annual Capital Pride Street Festival the following day, the city’s Pride festivities actually include a number of parties, gatherings, and activities that take place during the 10 days or so leading up to the big weekend. This year the pride events look a little different.
Colourful Pridemobile Parade
- Join Capital Pride on June 12, 2021, as they traverse throughout the Nation’s Capital with a colorful caravan to spread joy, resilience, and PRIDE throughout Washington, DC.
- This year, the Capital Pride Alliance is excited to present for the first time the Colorful Pridemobile Parade! This unique mobile parade will feature the official Pridemobile trolly, followed by a colorful array of automobiles decorated by registered organizations and businesses, all on display for enthusiastic onlookers to enjoy. The Pridemobile Parade route will be shared with the general public prior to the event and will pass through some of the city’s most lively areas for optimum visibility, including Dupont and Logan Circles, and iconic landmarks such as the Capitol Building.
DC Pride Hotels
- Stay in Dupont Circle in the heart of the gay district. The area fills up fast. Our top choice for pride is The Ven Hotel with great decor and superb amenities.
Taste of Pride Brunch
- You’re invited to celebrate all things brunch on June 13, 2021! Join Capital Pride at an exclusive group of beloved local restaurants that have made a commitment to support Pride and local LGBTQ+ charities 365 days a year. Special food items, pride drink specials, and entertainment at select locations await you. Best of all, your participation will help raise awareness and resources for the GivePride365 Fund, benefiting local LGBTQ+ charities, and help to ensure the return of a full-scale Pride in 2022. We suggest, Taqueria del barrio,Doi Moiand Le Diplomate
Black Pride Pool Party
- June 11th It’s pool season. This month, DC Black Pride and VIDA Fitness are teaming up to host the DC Black Pride Pool Party. The event will take place on the roof deck of the The Yards’ VIDA Fitness and will feature DJs, cocktails, and maybe some new friends. Proceeds from the event will go to DC Black Pride activities.
- Avalon Saturday Washington DC Pride Edition
Get ready to celebrate pride in the capital like never before at the annual Avalon Saturday Pride Edition Circuit Party.
- Spilled Saturday Tea Mega Tea Dance Washington DC
Dougie Myer brings back his epic Tea Dance to Washington for a special Pride edition
- Distrikt C. Baltimore Block Party
There will be no Distrikt C Party this year, but they are taking the event to nearby Baltimore Pride the following week.
Washington Pride Parade
- Returns in 2022 The Capital Pride Parade commences in the Dupont Circle neighborhood around P and 22rd Sts. NW. From here it moves east along P Street, turns north at Dupont Circle, northeast along New Hampshire Avenue, cuts east on R Street, turns south down 17th Street, then rejoins P Street and moves east to 14th Street, where it makes a final turn north and ends at 14th and R Sts. NW, smack dab in the middle of the Logan Circle neighborhood’s increasingly hip and vibrant restaurant scene.
Capital Pride Street Festival
- Returns in 2022 In the shadows of the U.S. Capitol Building, more than 200,000 people will attend the Capital Pride Street Festival, which takes place at Pennsylvania Ave. NW between 3rd and 7th streets, just northwest of the Capitol grounds. The festival includes several stages with live entertainment, plus speakers, a family section, and much more.
- All the gay bars and clubs participate with different party nights and events and most are located within walking distance or a short taxi ride from Pennsylvania Avenue.
Gay Washington DC
- Dupont Circle: One of the most traditional gay neighborhoods in the area, Dupont Circle is full of interesting shops, cafes, bookstores, bars, and restaurants all geared toward the LGBTQ community.
- Capitol Hill: Capitol Hill is elegant and informed. Here you can find restaurants, markets, crafts, antiques, and all types of unique entertainment.
- Columbia Heights: Columbia Heights is a predominantly Latino area that welcomes the LGBTQ community with open arms. In the past five years, the area has been revitalized. It is home to as a weekly farmer’s market, some great delis and bakeries, the GALA Hispanic Theater, and Mexican Cultural Institute.
Where to stay for Capital Pride
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Washington DC
The gay bars in Washington are a little spread out most are within walking distance from Dupont Circle and U Street Metro stations, so we have chosen Hotels close Dupont Circle Metro gay bars as they have high reviews on booking.com our hotel partner .
Recommended Apartments in Washington
Mrs. Rosa Parks
The holiday home has 7 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 5 bathrooms with a bidet. features accommodation with a private pool, free WiFi
Studio, 1 & 2 Bedrooms
Executive apartments features accommodation with free WiFi and a terrace. The units are fitted with air-conditioned bedrooms and a kitchen with a dishwasher, microwave and fridge. An oven and coffee machine are also offered.
The air conditioned apartments offer a bedroom, 1 bathroom bath or shower, a living room with flat screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with fridge, oven and microwave and a washer and dryer, Apartments offer WiFi available in all areas and is free of charge.
The apartment features 1 bedroom, a living room with a flat screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 1 bathroom with a shower. WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Video Of Washington’s Capital Pride
MARCHING IN WASHINGTON DC PRIDE!
Recommended Hotels in Washington DC.
The busy gay scenes in Washington DC can be found on 17th Street, H Street, in Adams Morgan, Shaw, Dupont Circle, NoMa, and Navy Yards. All are within a short taxi ride from eachother.
4 Star, Great Location
This Washington, D.C. hotel is located less than 5 minutes’ walk from Dupont Circle and boasts an on-site restaurant and wine bar. The White House is 1.6 km away.