From: Thursday, May 2, 2024
To: Sunday, May 12, 2024
Maspalomas Pride, Hot Temperatures, hot guys and one amazing parade!
Maspalomas Pride is the first of the top 5 Prides in Spain, the others being Madrid, Barcelona, Sitges & Torremolinos. Things get hot at Maspalomas Pride with guaranteed sunshine, hot guys, amazing parties, live outdoor shows by night and epic pool parties by day!
- Visiting for Maspalomas Pride? Stay close to the Yumbo. Check out the latest hotel offers.
Maspalomas Pride Parade
- Saturday May 11th, 2024 – From 4pm – The main parade is the highlight of Pride Week featuring 23 floats and thousands of partygoers ready for a good time. The parade route is packed with locals and tourists enjoying the atmosphere and celebration.
- The route begins at the Riu Palace Hotel and moves along Av. de Tirajana, passing by the Axel Beach Maspalomas before turning right behind the Hotel Rondo and arriving at the Yumbo centre for the official Pride after party.
- The pride prade takes up to 5 hours to make its way through the streets of Maspalomas.
- Discover the best of Maspalomas, from bars and restaurants to top attractions with our gay guide to Gran Canaria.
Maspalomas gay pride hosts some of the best pool parties in Europe. The island is blessed with superb hotels, all of which support the pride event. Popular pool parties are held in the following hotels:
Note – if you want to stay in these hotels, book well in advance:
- First Friday – Welcome Pool Party – Los Almendros Bungalows – Charming exclusively gay resort hosts popular pool parties with a more intimate feel. 15 min walk from the yumbo or catch the bus (8 mins)
- Monday and Wednesday- Axel beach Maspalomas -Famous gay hotel with fun steam room, great rooms and large dance area by the pool. 7 Minute Walk to the Yumbo. – May 8th – Pink Pride Pool Party – May 11th Wet & Hairy Party
- Wednesday 8th May, 2024 Confirmed – Amadores beach Club – Host of the Pro Gay (Maspalomas Winter Pride organisers) – Wet & White Party, one of the most popular pool parties of the week. This aparthotel offers large rooms and great beach restaurants. – 19 mins by taxi of 0 mins by bus to the Yumbo.
- Final Sunday – Seven Hotel & Wellness – Constantly ranked as “Superb” by guests, the Seven Hotel & Wellness is a gay men only resort with large stylish apartments, amazing views, a great pool and friendly staff. Their pool parties are some of the most talked about in the Yumbo! 7 mins taxi, 30 mins walk or 20 mins bus. Also hosts the Taboo Party and the closing Ice Cream Pool Party
- Hotel Ritual Maspalomas – Hosts several pool parties throughout the pride, 4 mins walk to the Yumbo.
- Stay at the Sanom Beach Resort – An adults only resort with a large pool, two fun hot tubs, lots of space for sun loungers and a chilled vibe. One of our readers highest rated places to stay in Maspalomas. 5 mins walk to the Yumbo.
Hardon Maspalomas Fetish Night
- Wednesday – London’s hottest fetish event comes to Maspalomas for Hardon Maspalomas Pride Edition at Bunker, the No 1 cruise club in the Yumbo.
WE Party – Sundia Day Party Event
- Thursday (To be confirmed) – Madrid’s world famous WE Party brings their epic outdoor day event, Sundia to Holiday World, taking over the Botanico Terrace from 4 pm with world famous DJs, sexy gogos and a circuit-style party atmosphere.
Freedom Dirty West
- Typically on Thursday – Dirty West takes place in a brand new venue, “Pride in the Park” an outdoor auditorium just six-minutes drive from the yumbo Centre. – Venue to be confirmed.
- The party is an all day event running from noon until 9 pm . Enjoy 9 hours of the best house music, with international guest Djs, 30 performers, a food area, dirty cowboy dancers, a wild west show and VIP area.
Sundance – Massive Main Daytime Party
- Second Friday – The Sundance Massive Main Event – Taking over the Ocean Club with a massive main pool, 5 international DJs and 200+ sunbeds, signature restaurant and more, just 5-mins from the Yumbo. Venue to be confirmed.
Freedom Circuit Party Nights
- Second weekend from Thursday to Sunday – Freedom Circuit Night Parties Venue to be confirmed.
- Freedom takes over the luxury Chester Club, at the Lorepasn Meloneras hotel, a 10-minute taxi ride from the Yumbo.
- Events include the Dirty West Night Edition, Memoirs of a gaysha, The Greatest Show and an epic closing party, Caliente with massive dark room and Live XXX Show.
- Stay at the host venue, the Lopesan Costa Meloneras Hotel, set half a kilometer from Gran Canaria’s Maspalomas Beach, a luxury complex with a spa, casino and heated lagoon-style swimming pools set in tropical grounds. Each room has a private balcony.
Maspalomas Pride Stage Program 2024
- Night time celebrations take place in the Yumbo Centre, the island’s gay epicentre. The Yumbo is home to 95% of the gay bars and clubs in the island. The center hosts every type of bar imaginable, from cabaret and drag bars to cocktail lounges and cruise clubs.
- The centre of the Yumbo transforms into Pride Central during the event, complete with a gigantic stage with world class light and sound.
- The stage plays host to international DJ’s, live acts, tribute shows, dancers and a gaggle of drag queens from across the globe.
Where to stay during Maspalomas Pride
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action in the Yumbo Centre:
Recommended Hotels in Maspalomas By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Maspalomas that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Ofering an outdoor swimming pool, a garden and air-conditioned accommodation with a patio and free WiFi. Each unit comes with a sofa, a seating area, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a well-fitted kitchen with a dining area, a safety deposit box and a private bathroom with bathrobes. A dishwasher, a microwave, fridge, kettle & a coffee machine.
Bohemia Suites & Spa
5 Star, Adults Only
Offering large rooms with balconies, the adults-only Bohemia Suites & Spa features 1 freshwater outdoor pool and 1 saltwater outdoor pool and 2 outdoor jacuzzis. The stylish rooms feature yellow, terracotta or purple colour schemes with olive-wood furnishings. The rooftop restaurant offers creative local dishes and panoramic views & a terrace cocktail bar.
4 Star, Great Value
Located in Playa del Inglés. The complex features a swimming pool, 2 hot tubs, and free WiFi in all areas. Sol Barbacan offers a buffet restaurant and an a la carte restaurant, as well as a pool bar and an evening lounge with a terrace. Set in gardens, the complex includes minigolf and beach volleyball facilities. There is also a gym
4 Star, Adults Only
AxelBeach Maspalomas an outdoor pool, gym and tennis court. This gay and hetero-friendly, adults-only complex also has a hammam, hot tub and sauna. Opening onto terraces, the apartments have attractive, contemporary décor. All include air conditioning, a safe, free WiFi and a comfortable living area with a sofa and flat-screen satellite TV.
Video Of Gay Pride Maspalomas
Maspalomas Gay pride 2018
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Maspalomas
Maspalomas, located on the southern coast of Gran Canaria in Spain’s Canary Islands, has gained a reputation as a popular LGBTQ+ travel destination, often referred to as the “gay capital” of the Canary Islands. The area is known for its LGBTQ+ friendly atmosphere, vibrant nightlife, and welcoming environment.
Yumbo Center | The gay hub of Maspalomas
- This is one of the most well-known LGBTQ+ areas in Maspalomas.
- It’s a shopping and entertainment complex that hosts various gay bars, clubs, shops, and restaurants.
- The area is especially lively at night and is a hub for LGBTQ+ socializing.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Maspalomas
Playa del Ingles
This is the main beach area of Maspalomas where LGBTQ+ travelers meet up to sunbathe, and socialize.
This is a more upscale area known for its luxury resorts, high-end shopping, and beautiful promenade.