From: Thursday, July 18, 2024
To: Sunday, July 21, 2024
Barcelona Gay Pride 2024
Gay Pride Barcelona is a unique celebration, engulfing the entire city in a sea of rainbows. Barcelona is home to one of Europe’s largest and most diverse gay scenes complete with epic parties, an amazing gay beach , world class nightlife and a relaxed and friendly attitude.
- Are you visiting for Barcelona Pride? The gay neighbourhood of Eixample, or Gayxample, is full of charming gay restaurants, bars and hotels. You can also find some great apartment options dotted across the city.
Barcelona Gay Pride
- Thursday July 18th – Sunday July 21st, 2024 – Barcelona Gay Pride, or Orgullo Gay Barcelona attracts thousands of people from across Spain and beyond for a weekend of fabulous events, music, workshops, pool parties, live shows, exhibitions, cultural activities and fun in the sun.
- The previous pride celebrations attracted more than a quarter of a million visitors.
- Check out our gay guide to the best of Barcelona, including where to dine, stay and play.
Barcelona Pride Village
- Friday 19th and Saturday 20th July, 2024 – The Pride Village is located at Plaça Universitat, occupying no less than 5,000 square meters!
- The venue is the epicentre of the pride celebrations, open air and complete with a gay village, stage and shows.
- The Plaça de la Universitat is one of Barcelona’s central squares, at the border between the districts of Eixample and Ciutat Vella. It is located at the intersection of Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, Carrer d’Aribau and Ronda de Sant Antoni.
- Stage Acts – Acts performing on the Placa Universitat stage include La Prohibida y Algora, Joanna Crass and Marjua Limon.
- Check out the hotels closest to the gay village.
Barcelona Pride Festival
- Friday 19th and Saturday 20th July, 2024 – Two days of shows featuring international stars, local acts, drag queens, dancers and celebrity guests.
- The concerts take place at Avenida de la Reina María Cristina, the traditional home of Barcelona Pride, in the Sants-Montjuïc district, with the stunning Magic Fountains as a backdrop.
- Check our our insider gay guide to Barcelona with tips on where to dine, stay and play!
Barcelona Gay Pride Parade
- Saturday 20th July, 2024 – The march will start at 6 pm.
- The route begins at Tres Xemeneies park, making its way along Avenida Parallel and will finish on Avinguda Maria Cristina at 8 pm, right by the gay village and pride stage.
- Book a stay on the parade route with a view at the stunning AC Hotel Diagonal LÂ´Illa, a 4 star hotel with great amenities and delicious breakfast options.
Bananas Gay Party
- Friday –Bananas, one of the most popular Friday night events hosts a special Pride Edition at Safari from 11.30 pm until 6 am. Expect lots of furry, friendly guys, a mix of music and a fun atmosphere. Our editor’s top choice.
YASS! Party – Especial Pride
- Saturday – Yass! Barcelona is synonymous with freedom, good vibes and a PARTY. An LGTBIQ+ & friends space where you can be yourself, meet your friends, live a crazy night or find your new girlfriend.
- And as a soundtrack: the most current songs + the POP classics that never fail in Room 1 and the top HOUSE in Room 2. All in one of the best Clubs in the city: Safari Disco. Fun 100% guaranteed!
Matinee Pride Edition
- Saturday – Barcelona’s world-famous Matinee returns to its home town for a special pride edition featuring guest DJs and a spectacular stage show.
Churros Con Chocolate Weekend
- Friday to Sunday – Barcelona’s favourite Sunday party, Churros Con Chocolate, runs all Pride weekend with two nights at the Sala Apolo (Fri & Sat) ending with a massive outdoor party on Sunday at La Terrazza.
Gay bars to visit during Barcelona Pride
- 69 Barcelona – Resto bar with lovely street terrace in Eixample.
- Bacon Bear Bar – Popular bear bar, quite large with daily drinks specials.
- Believe – Fun bar with crazy drag hosts, shows and karaoke, just at the end of Eixample.
- Boxer Cafe Bar – From the fetish producer, with a certain edge! Small outdoor terrace.
- Boys Bar – Music Bar, popular with latin boys.
- Brilli Brilli – Cocktail Bar with drag shows close to Hotel Axel.
- Candy Darling – Large lounge bar with trendy guys, close o Placa de Universitat in the centre.
- Dmen’s – Music bar with small dancefloor playing pop and commercial tunes.
- El Cangrejo – Late night long running gay bar. Show up after 1am and dance.
- Gingin – Right opposite the Axel, with 20 different types of gin!
- Honey – Cafe bar for bears, friends and admirers.
- La Chapelle – Long running gay bar in Poble Sec. Hipster vibe.
- La Frederica – Also in Poble Sec and so, quite a hipster BCN style scene.
- La Sastrería Café – New cafe bar with a mix of cafes, cocktails and food.
- LaCarrà – Small cafe bar with a retro feel. New
- Maricon Ghetto Friendly Bar – New Cocktail bar with great interior, mix of pop, reggaeton and commercial music.
- Moeem – Long running cocktail bar attracting all ages.
- Museum – Video Bar with dance floor.
- Night – Dance and cruise, one of the most popular summer spaces.
- Priscilla – Camp bar, crazy decor, crazy shows. Fun.
- Punto – Relaxed gay bar, perfect for a chat with friends.
- The Moon – Taste the Caribbean in this popular bar with 20 to 30 somethings.
- Wings House – New gay bar in Eixample, modern design and proving very popular.
Barcelona Gay Neighbourhoods
Barcelona, a vibrant and inclusive city, is known for its thriving LGBTQ+ community and welcoming atmosphere. There are several neighborhoods that have become popular gathering places for the LGBTQ+ community, offering a diverse range of bars, clubs, and venues. Here are brief descriptions of Barcelona’s gay neighborhoods:
- Eixample: Located in the heart of Barcelona, Eixample is often considered the main gay neighborhood.
- Specifically, the area known as “Gaixample” is centered around Carrer de la Diputació and Carrer de Consell de Cent.
- It boasts numerous gay bars, clubs, and shops, making it a hub of LGBTQ+ nightlife and socializing. Eixample is also home to the annual Barcelona Pride celebrations, drawing crowds from all over.
- Raval: Raval is a vibrant and eclectic neighborhood that has gained popularity with gay visitors over the past decade.
- It offers a mix of trendy bars, alternative venues, and LGBTQ+-friendly establishments. Raval is known for its inclusive atmosphere and diverse population.
- Gràcia: Gràcia is a bohemian and artsy neighborhood that has embraced diversity, including its LGBTQ+ residents and visitors.
- While not exclusively a gay neighborhood, Gràcia features several gay-friendly establishments, especially around the Plaça del Sol area.
- It offers a relaxed atmosphere, with cozy cafes, quirky shops, and a lively street life and plays host to the popular Fiesta Mayor de Gracia in mid August.
- Sitges: Although not technically part of Barcelona, Sitges is a neighboring coastal town that has become a prominent gay destination.
- Just a short train ride away from the city, Sitges is famous for its gay beaches, vibrant nightlife, and annual LGBTQ+ events such as Sitges Pride.
- The town’s picturesque setting and inclusive atmosphere have made it a favorite spot for both locals and international visitors.
Where to stay during Barcelona Gay Pride
The following hotels are popular with visitors to the Eixample gay district in Barcelona. All are close to the bars, clubs and city attractions:
Gay Map of Barcelona
The gay district of Barcelona is located in the city’s Eixample district, known locally as “Gaixample”. Here you will find most of the gay bars, clubs and restaurants. It is quite compact and easy to navigate. There are also lots of hotels and apartments available in this area.
Recommended Hotels in Barcelona
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Barcelona that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
El Palace, 5 Star
Old World Charm
- 5 Star, Mayan-Style Luxury Spa & amenities
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Classic decor, satellite TV, private bathroom
- Old World charm meets modern luxury, close to Barcelona’s main attractions and vibrant gay district.
H10 Metropolitan, 4 Star
Great chill out pool
- 4 Star, Rooftop Terrace with Chill-Out Pool
- Close to the gay district
- Flat-screen TV, air conditioning, coffee machine
- Enjoy the rooftop chill-out pool and modern amenities, steps away from Barcelona’s lively gay scene.
Catalonia Plaza, 4 Star
Great Value for money
- 4 Star, Modernist Building with Outdoor Pool
- Close to the gay district
- Air-conditioned, free Wi-Fi, satellite TV
- Combining historic charm and modern facilities, offers an outdoor pool and proximity to gay bars.
Hotel Cram, 4 Star
Stylish- Perfect Location
- 4 Star, Modernist Façade and Elegant Interior
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Advanced lighting, private bathroom, air-conditioned
- Stylish hotel with state-of-the-art facilities, perfect location for exploring Barcelona’s gay nightlife.
Video Of Gay Pride Barcelona
The official Barcelona Pride aftermovie.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Barcelona
Barcelona is known for its diverse and vibrant LGBTQ+ community, and there are several popular gay neighbourhoods that offer exciting experiences. Here are five of the most well-known gay neighbourhoods, each with its own unique charm and attractions
Eixample | Close to the city centre
- Located to the northeast of the city centre, Eixample is one of Barcelona’s most famous gay neighbourhoods, often referred to as “Gaixample”.
- The neighbourhood is home to numerous gay-friendly hotels, gay bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops.
- One of the most popular attractions in Eixample is Antoni Gaudí’s modernist building, Casa Batlló.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Barcelona
Raval has a bohemian atmosphere with an alternative gay scene and is home to Barcelona’s Museum of Contemporary Art.
The gothic quarter offers a mix of historic charm, trendy shops, and an inclusive atmosphere in the heart of the city.