From: Wednesday, May 8, 2024
To: Saturday, May 18, 2024
Gay Pride Brussels 2024 – A capital city pride – but intimate & friendly!
The Belgian gay pride is a little different from most prides, offering not only the usual parties, parades and international acts, but also a more political side to pride with debates and conferences on everything from gay rights, to global gay culture, so there is a little something for everyone.
- The event attracts thousands of visitors, so book your stay as early as possible as hotels in the centre can be difficult to find. The NH Brussels Grand Sablon is rated “Fabulous” by guests, featuring stylish rooms, delicious breakfast options and perfect location.
The Belgian Pride
- The Belgian Pride runs for over 10 days and features a range of cultural events, exhibitions, parties and events. Highlights include:
The Pride Parade
- Saturday 18th May 2024 – The highlight of the Belgian Pride Festival is the exuberant and colorful Pride Parade routed through the heart of the city. A colorful Pride Parade crosses the city centre.
- Join the gathering at the Pride Village at the Mont des Arts from noon. At 2 pm, after the speeches, the Pride Parade will take the Rainbow Flag through the streets of Brussels.
- The Route (To be confirmed) – Starting at Rue Ravenstein then continuing on de Loxum, de L’Ecuyer, des Fripiers, de Tabora, uu Midi, Duu Lomnoard, de L’escalier ending at Boulevard L’Empereur.
- Numerous delegations provide a party atmosphere and stimulating messages.
- Stay close to the gay district in Quartier Saint-Jacques. The Pillows City Hotel Brussels centre is rated “Suburb” by guests with beautifully designed rooms and is located in the centre of Brussels.
The Pride Village
- Saturday, following the parade – Enjoy in the Pride Village on the Mont des Arts & the Rainbow Village in the Sint Jacobswijk/Quartier Saint-Jacques, together with thousands of others, of surprising acts, music, culinary specialties and the stand market where many LGBTI+ organizations present themselves.
- The pride village opens at noon and runs until midnight.
- Check out the hotels closest to Brussels Pride Village.
Other Events and Parties
- A series of events takes place in Brussels in the week leading up to the pride parade and festival including a pride run, several exhibitions, debates, workshops and films.
- Brussels famous gay bars and clubs host a series of theme parties, pride events and parties including:
- Haus Brussels – Opening night party with a mix of pop, electro and disco music.
- Flash Tea Dance – Host the official Pride After Party on Saturday and closing party on Sunday.
- Cave Party Brussels – Underground party playing progressive house and dance – special Pride edition.
Where to stay in Gay Brussels during Pride
The following hotels are close to the gay district in Quartier Saint-Jacques and are just steps from the parade and festival.
Get insider tips on the best places to party, dine and things to see and do with our gay guide to Brussels.
Gay Map of Brussels
Most of the gay bars in Brussels are located in the city centre around the streets Rue du Marché au Charbon. We have found good hotels close to the gay area keeping you in the middle of all the fun.
Recommended Hotels in Brussels By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Brussels that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Rocco Forte Hotel
5 Star, Luxury
- 5-star, award-winning restaurant.
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars.
- Designer features, luxurious bathroom.
- Elegant rooms, ideal for luxury and history lovers, close to Grand Place.
Brussels Marriott Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
- 4-star, air-conditioned, fully equipped fitness center.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Satellite TV, coffee facilities.
- Great value, near Grand Place and Manneken Pis.
4 Star, Location
- 4-star, well equpped wellness facilities, free WiFi.
- Close to the gay district.
- Spacious accommodation, stylish.
- Central location, perfect for shopping and sightseeing.
ibis Hotel Brussels
3 Star, Readers Choice
- 3-star, clean modern style, Belgian beers.
- Close to the gay district.
- Air conditioning, flat-screen TV.
- Readers’ choice, near Grand Place, diverse dining options nearby.
Video Of Belgian Pride
Belgian Pride Parade (Official Aftermovie)
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Brussels
Brussels, the capital of Belgium and a hub for European institutions, has a thriving LGBTQ+ community and is known for being an inclusive and LGBTQ+-friendly city.
Saint-Jacques| Often referred to as the gay village
- This area, often referred to as the “gay village” of Brussels, is located near the Grand Place.
- It’s known for its concentration of LGBTQ+-friendly bars, clubs, and venues.
- Rue du Marché au Charbon/Kolenmarktstraat is a street within this area that is particularly known for its gay bars and nightlife.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Brussels
Rue du Lombard
Home to several LGBTQ+-friendly establishments, including bars, cafes, and clubs. It’s known for its lively.
The heart of Brussels with its stunning architecture, often the hub of events, festivals, and markets.