From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Malta Gay Pride 2021
Malta Gay Pride is one of the later pride events to take place in Europe. The event is held each year in September.
September is the perfect time to visit the Island. The weather is warm and sunny with average temperatures early in the month averaging 24 degrees celsius during the day.
Malta has been consistently ranked as being the most most LGBTIQ friendly country in Europe according to the ILGA Rainbow Index. The country is warm and welcoming and its pride is a friendly affair, the perfect blend of politics and pride.
Malta Gay Pride is a week long series of cultural events, parties, festivals, conferences, fashion nights a highly recommended Pride Boat Party and other activities culminating in a weekend parade through the streets of the capital Valletta.
Malta Pride 2021 Program
The 2021 program has been adapted due to current restrictions. The Pride March that was scheduled to take place on Saturday, September 18th, 2021 will not be held.
- Collective exhibition entitled “REFRACTION” showcasing the works of international and local queer artists at Spazju Kreattiv (Valletta) including a short film festival from the 10th September up to 24th October 2021.
- A week-long exhibition by the Malta LGBTQ Rights Movement entitled “20 Years of Trailblazing” at Desko Art Studio which will be launched on Sunday 12th September.
- A Symbolic Demonstration with the Malta Pride Flag in 6 Different locations.
- The Malta Pride Concert which will be held at Argotti Gardens, Floriana with a limited seating capacity on Saturday 18th September and live streamed via various social media channels.
Malta Pride Parade
- Returns in 2022 – Pride Day celebrations include a Pride Parade with the participation of Floats, Dancers, Street Performers and several other attractions. The Malta Pride parade kicks off at The Triton Fountain, on the fringe of Valletta’s downtown, and will then proceed through the historical city streets.
The After Party
- Returns in 2022 – Malta Gay Pride parade is followed by an open air free Street Party and Concert later in the Evening. The official Pride Party takes place at Tigullio. On Pride Day a Giant 82 foot Rainbow flag will be unveiled along with many other surprises.
Where to stay
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action in Valletta. Consider a twin city trip and follow pride with an escape to the beach resorts in charming St. Julians, Malta’s second city.
Check out our insider gay guide to Malta and discover the best places to stay and play on the Island.
Gay Map of Valletta, Malta
The main nightlife area in Malta is situated in Paceville. Here one can find a good number of restaurants, bars, clubs and other entertainment venues. Malta’s main gay club is called AXM, located in St.Georges Street Paceville. Malta is an island full of sandy beaches, good weather, thriving nightlife and shopping centres is sure enough to keep anyone busy.
Recommended Apartments in Malta
The holiday home has 4 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 1 bathroom with a hot tub.
Sea Foam Villa
Sea Foam Villa is a 5 bedroom 5 bathroom air-conditioned villa offering living room with a flat screen TV a fully equipped kitchen an outdoor dining area and a Private pool with a Barbecue
The holiday home has 4 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV, an equipped kitchen with a fridge and an oven, a washing machine, and 3 bathrooms with a shower. A barbecue & air conditioning
Sant’Elmo House Valletta is set in Valletta. Guests staying at this holiday home have access to a fully equipped kitchen. The holiday home comes with living room a TV & 2 bedrooms.
Video Of Malta Gay Pride
Malta Pride 2017 Official Video
Recommended Hotels in Valletta, Malta
Malta’s gay scene is right in the heart of the city centre, in Paceville. The best hotels are also in the centre, just a short cab ride from your nearest bar. The city centre is easy to navigate on foot.
Hilton Malta 5 Star
This property is 6 minutes walk from the beach. Set on the seafront in Saint Julian’s, the Hilton Malta is a luxury 5-star hotel offering panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and a modern décor.
5 Star, Great Location
This property is 2 minutes from the beach. Set in the heart of St Julians, The Hotel is 200 m from its own free private beach on St. George’s Bay. It offers spacious rooms with free WiFi access & balcony.
Hugo’s Boutique Hotel
4 Star, Good Value
Air-conditioned accommodation comes with a satellite TV, coffee machine and minibar. The private bathroom. Some rooms have a balcony, while some suites feature a hot tub or sea views. Free WiFi is available in all areas
Holiday Inn Express
3 Star, Excellent Location
All rooms at the Malta Holiday Inn Express come with air conditioning, a pillow menu and a USB charging station. The private bathroom has free toiletries and a hairdryer. Free WiFi, and an on-site bar