From: Friday, March 15, 2024
To: Friday, March 15, 2024
Wet & Hairy Maspalomas – Europe’s Biggest Bear Pool Party in 2024
Each year the Hotel Axel Beach Maspalomas, becomes the Home for bears and admirers for the annual “Wet & Hairy” Pool party!
- The annual pool party, Wet & Hairy is the official pool party of the “Bear Carnival” which takes place in Maspalomas every March.
- The party includes free access to the Sauna and the Jacuzzi plus a giant slide for those wishing to make a splash in the pool!
- International and local DJs will pump up the volume all afternoon as the hottest bears and chasers dance during what is one of the Island’s biggest gay events.
- Don’t Miss! Last time the fun in the Sauna was so hot, people were queuing just to get in! The Jacuzzi is also a must.
- The event runs from 12pm until 9pm.
- Discover the best of Maspalomas, from bars and restaurants to top attractions with our gay guide to Gran Canaria.
- Hotel Axel Beach Maspalomas is located just steps from the Yumbo, the epicentre of gay life on the island and home to the best gay bars, clubs and cruising zones! The hotel fills up fast for this event. The following hotels are located close by:
Hotels close to the Axel Beach
The Axel beach is one of the first hotels to sell out for any of the gay events on the island. The following hotels are just steps from the hotel and offer a great alternative:
- Sol Barbacan – Rated “Fabulous” by guests, this aparthotel has a large pool, large balconies and spacious rooms with excellent facilities where great care is paid to the little details. Our top choice.
- HD Parque Cristobal Gran Canaria – 3-star hotel with a fresh new look, just steps from the Axel. Rooms are spacious, and guest service is excellent.
- Playa Del Sol – Adults Only – 3-star hotel with clean and bright apartments, relaxing pool area and a perfect location close to all the bars and the main pride parties.
Recommended Hotels in Maspalomas By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Maspalomas that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
- 5-star, outdoor pool, well-equipped kitchens.
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars.
- Flat-screen TV, private bathroom.
- Serene getaway with luxurious amenities, perfect for a relaxing and private vacation experience.
Bohemia Suites & Spa
5 Star, Adults Only
- 5-star, adults-only, two outdoor pools.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Stylish rooms.
- Sophisticated adult-only retreat, rooftop dining with panoramic views, ideal for a romantic escape.
4 Star, Great Value
- 4-star, swimming pool, buffet restaurant.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Free WiFi, beach volleyball facilities.
- Family-friendly with excellent leisure facilities, well-suited for a fun and active holiday.
4 Star, Adults Only
- 4-star, gay and hetero-friendly, outdoor pool.
- Close to the gay district.
- Air conditioning, satellite TV.
- Modern and inclusive, offering a vibrant atmosphere for adults, perfect for socializing.
Video Axel Beach Pool Parties
A taste of what to expect at an Axel Beach Maspalomas Pool Event.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Maspalomas
Maspalomas, located on the southern coast of Gran Canaria in Spain’s Canary Islands, has gained a reputation as a popular LGBTQ+ travel destination, often referred to as the “gay capital” of the Canary Islands. The area is known for its LGBTQ+ friendly atmosphere, vibrant nightlife, and welcoming environment.
Yumbo Center | The gay hub of Maspalomas
- This is one of the most well-known LGBTQ+ areas in Maspalomas.
- It’s a shopping and entertainment complex that hosts various gay bars, clubs, shops, and restaurants.
- The area is especially lively at night and is a hub for LGBTQ+ socializing.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Maspalomas
Playa del Ingles
This is the main beach area of Maspalomas where LGBTQ+ travelers meet up to sunbathe, and socialize.
This is a more upscale area known for its luxury resorts, high-end shopping, and beautiful promenade.