From: Wednesday, Sep 1st, 2021
To: Sunday, Sep 5th, 2021
Benidorm Gay Pride 2021
Events are yet to be confirmed. The main parade has been moved to 2022, but other events are expected to go ahead.
Famous for its stunning beaches, gorgeous weather and high octane nightlife, Benidorm is one of the most popular holiday resorts in Spain, loved by visitors from all over Europe and beyond. This event fills the town, so you should book well in advance. We recommend staying in the old town.
With a well established and welcoming gay village, nestled in and around the narrow, picturesque streets of its old town, the jewel of the Costa Blanca plays host to many people’s favourite event on the LGBT calendar,
Running for well over a decade, the festival has quickly grown to become a week long event, focusing on the key ingredients that make Benidorm so unique and is now recognised as the European Summer Closing Pride.
FUN, FRIENDLY and just a little bit FLIRTY are the three ‘F’s that ensure visitors to Benidorm Pride have an unforgettable experience, bringing many of them back year after year.
Seven nights of incredible indoor and outdoor parties, featuring a truly international lineup of singers, dancers, drag artists, dj’s and club nights from the biggest names in Spain, mean this year’s event will be bigger and better than ever.
Benidorm Pride Kick Off
- Although the event officially begins on the 2nd of September, most visitors arrive for the entire week to celebrate the end of Summer in Style.
- Some events begin in a low key fashion on Monday and Tuesday, allowing visitors time to hit one of the amazing sandy beaches by day and explore the beautiful old town by night. This is where you will find the pumping heart of the gay village, still very traditional and Spanish where visitors can blend in, socialise and mix with the lovely local residents.
- Around 30 friendly, but small and intimate gay bars and eateries are all just a hop and a skip from each other, giving plenty of opportunity for you to sample them all and discover your favourites.
Shows at The Mirador del Castillo
- On Thursday the action moves up to the stunning Mirador del Castillo headland overlooking the two famous Benidorm beaches.
- A line up of cabaret artists (to be confirmed) will be on hand to entertain while you take in the incredible, far reaching views of the city, coast and mountains basking under the moonlight.
Benidorm Pride White Party
- The Mirador is also the setting for the wonderful White Party, encouraging everyone to put on their best white outfit, dress to impress and dance under the stars to sets from top local and international dj’s, plus go-go’s to spice up the night.
Pride Pool Parties
- Previous pride events have included some great pool parties on the Friday, such as the Sandia Pool Party, hosted by WE Party, at the sensational Discoteca Penelope. We await news for the 2021 event.
The Black Party
- Friday night, head to the main Pride auditorium for the raunchy Black Party, where you can wear as little as you want, providing it’s black. Sexy go-go’s and dj’s will keep the music pumping, while you explore in the darkness.
Benidorm Pride Parade
- Returns in 2022. Saturday is parade day, so dress with pride and head to Levante beach to get the best views of the hundreds of people participating in their flamboyant costumes and outrageous outfits.
- You may even decide to take part in the parade yourself or join one of the big floats organised by local businesses. Whatever you choose, you won’t be disappointed as the atmosphere is incredible, with everyone joining in the fun.
Saturday Night T Dance Pride Party
- The Saturday night T Dance is one of the biggest parties of the entire week.Featuring the very best of Benidorm talent, singers, dancers, tribute artists, drag performers and dj’s this unmissable night never fails to impress.
Night Parties & Circuit Events
- The night ends back at Discoteca Penelope with a party hosted by some biggest names in the world of gay clubbing. Previous events have included the Kluster party from Madrid.
- Penelope’s famous sound system will rock to sounds from guest, so be sure to get your tickets when these events are confirmed.
Pride Closing Party
- The week comes to an end on Sunday night with the Benidorm Pride Closing Party, on Levante Beachfront.
From its humble beginning back in 2011 attended by just a few thousand regulars, who know and love Benidorm, the event has gained momentum with around 20,000 happy revellers taking part last year.
Where to stay in Benidorm?
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Benidorm
The gay scene in Benidrom is centered around a number of walking streets in Benidorm’s Old Town.There are a wide variety of small bars that cater to all tastes, from outrageously funny drag shows to exclusively male cruise bars with dark rooms.
Recommended Apartments in Benidorm
This air conditioned apartment comes with 1 bedroom, a kitchen with a microwave and a fridge, a seating area with a flat-screen TV, 1 bathroom equipped with a shower. Free WiFi
The apartment has 1 bedroom, a flat-screen TV, an equipped kitchen with a washing machine, 1 bathroom with a bidet. features a balcony, free WiFi and air conditioning
Tu Loft has air conditioning, a terrace, with garden views, 1 bedroom, a living room, a flat-screen TV, an equipped kitchen with a dining area,d 1 bathroom with a shower & a patio. Free WiFi.
The apartment has 2 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 1 bathroom with a shower. Private parking Free WiFi.
Benidorm Gay Pride
Benidorm Gay Pride 2016
Recommended Hotels in Benidorm
We have selected the top hotels located close to the old town, where the gay village is located. All are within easy walking distance to the bars and clubs.
Hotel Villa del Mar, 4 Star
Boutique & Great Value
Hotel Villa Del Mar offers chic rooms with air conditioning and a fridge. It features an outdoor pool surrounded by a stylish terrace with loungers.