From: Wednesday, December 4, 2024
To: Tuesday, December 10, 2024
December heats up in Madrid – for MADBEAR!
Mad Bear is the official gay bear party that takes place every December in Madrid. The Mad bear event is held over a bridge holiday bank weekend in Spain (two holidays close together), filling the city with hot Spanish Bears, chaser and otters.
- Stay on Gran Via, one of the city’s most famous streets, close to all the major attractions and just an 8 minute walk to the gay bars and clubs. The Boutique Hotel H10 offers light and airy rooms in a beautiful setting, our top recommended 4 star property in Madrid.
- Wednesday Dec 4th – Tuesday Dec 10th 2024 – The Mad Bear event is one of the largest bear events of the Winter in Spain.
- Over 8 days more than 4,000 guys from around the world descend upon Spain for hot sexy parties, fetish events and cruising extravaganzas dinners, competitions, trips, saunas, gastronomy and culture.
- For the best places to party, play and stay, check out our gay guide to Madrid.
Mad Bear Madrid Schedule 2024
- Enjoy daily meetups at Sauna Octopus and an evening bar crawl kicking off at 6 pm.
- Saturday plays host to the annual Mad Bear Dinner (Venue to be confirmed)
- Nightly club parties kick off at midnight, each night. Previous parties have included legendary events by Megawoof,(not part of the official program but on the same weekend), Bearsurrection, BearMex and Furball.
- Enjoy the Suite life at Madrid 1915 Private Suites, for an “Exceptional” stay featuring spacious apartments, perfect for a festive escape, just steps from the city’s Christmas markets.
Program for 2024
- All events are held at Ya’sta Club from 23.55 to 06.00 (except Sun – 05.30)
- Awaiting line up for the next edition
- Check out the best places to party, stay and play with our insider gay guide to Madrid.
- 2024 route to be confirmed.
- From Midday to close – Chill out and have fun at Sauna Octopus
- From 6 pm – Bar Route; Bears Bar, El 12, Thick, The Cage, Hot Bar, LL Bar, Star Chueca, Firewood.
- For 30 years, Ya’sta Club has stood in the heart of Madrid as a bastion of underground culture. The club is relatively compact with a large stage, chandeliers, a long bar and an intimate feel, perfect for meeting your next hunky Spanish Oso!
- Ya’sta Club is close to Gran Via and is a 6-minute walk from Chueca. It’s faster to walk than drive, given the pedestrian nature of Chueca.
- Stay just steps from the venue at 7 Islas Hotel, rated “Fantastic” by guests with a crisp and clean design, large rooms and perfect location
Popular Bars during Madbear Madrid
- Each evening, official pass holders can go on the bear route around the gay bars of Madrid. Most of the bars are within a five-minute walk from eachother, from the centre of Chueca.
- Bears Bar – Bear-friendly gay bar in the heart of Chueca and HQ for the Madbear Event.
- El 12 – Gay music bar in Chueca featuring cocktails, events & dancing in a playful atmosphere. on C. de las Infantas.
- Thick Madrid – High energy bar with fit and furry dancers, sexy bearded bar tenders and fun atmosphere.
- The Cage – Gay cruise bar in Chueca with sleazy parties and special interest events, open daily from 5 pm in Chueca.
- LL Bar – One of the oldest gay bars in Madrid on C De Palaya, open daily from 10 pm with drag shows. Very popular.
- Star Chueca – Friendly show bar with guest DJS, drag acts and fun atmosphere.
- Firewood – Fetish Bar with ne facilities including a dark room, sling, individual lockers , hosts various theme nights from 8 pm to 3.30 am. (Close to La Latina metro – 25 mins)
Book Early – Big Spanish Holiday Weekend
- Madbear coincides with the largest bridge-weekend (two holidays close together) in Spain, the Puente de la Constitución, so book your hotel well in advance as everyone will be traveling.
Recommended Hotels in Madrid
The following hotels are close to the gay neighbourhood of Chueca and are highly rated by our readers:
Gay Map of Madrid
Most of the gay bars in Madrid are located in Chueca, the city’s gay village and epicentre of all Spanish gay life. Hotels here fill up fast, so book well in advance, especially for key events.
Recommended Hotels in Madrid By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Madrid that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
- Small Luxury Hotel Member
- Iconic Views of Gran Via
- 8-minute walk to Chueca
- Fabulous Breakfast
- Superb wellness centre and sauna, glamorous original architecture and special extras, Nespresso coffee machines.
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4-star central location
- Superb breakfasts
- 6-minute walk to Chueca
- Modern stylish rooms
- Spacious rooms have balcony views and the rooftop bar is perfect for pre-dinner cocktails and offers sweeping city views.
Iberostar Las Letras
4 Star, Great Value
- Design Hotel in historic building
- Rooftop pool and sundeck
- 8-minute walk to Chueca
- Large fitness area
- Charming hotels with high-ceilings and extra touches, including a library and suites with private jacuzzis.
Room Mate Oscar
3 Star, Location
- Popular gay-friendly hotel
- Superb roof terrace and pool
- Located in Chueca
- Stylish retro decor with character
- One of the most popular hotels in Madrid, with professional staff and a perfect location for exploring the gay district of Chueca.
Video Of Mad Bear Madrid
Highlights of previous Mad Bear Parties.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Madrid
Discover the vibrant spirit of Madrid, a city that embraces diversity and offers an inclusive escape for LGBTQ+ travellers, blending rich cultural heritage, lively nightlife, and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. While Chueca is the primary gay area, other neighbourhoods in Madrid also offer a range of bars and clubs with different vibes and unique experiences worth exploring.
Chueca | Madrid’s Gay Village
- Chueca is located in the centre of Madrid, just north of Gran Vía and is the heart of Madrid’s LGBTQ+ community.
- The neighbourhood offers a colourful and lively ambience with many gay bars, clubs, and shops.
- It is celebrated for its inclusivity and hosts one of Europe’s biggest Pride festivals.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Chueca.
The bustling area is perfect for those who want to be close to major attractions and gay bars and clubs.
Hip neighbourhood with vintage stores & an artistic flair, trendy bars & cafes surround Plaza del Dos de Mayo