From: Thursday, March 7, 2024
To: Sunday, March 10, 2024
Mad Bear Valencia 2024
- Visiting Valencia for Mad Bear? Stay at the Vincci Palace, a 4 star hotel in the old town, close to all the city’s major attractions offering guests chic and modern rooms and a delicious breakfast buffet.
- March 7th to 10th 2024
- Mad Bear Returns for a special Spring Edition in Valencia.
- Events include a welcome party, “Bear Pop”, a Bear Sound Night and Bunker Party at Fetish Club.
- Events kick off each night in Bubu Bar.
- Stay at the Hotel Puerta Serranos, rated “Exceptional” by guests, steps from the old town with spacious rooms and exceptional service.
- Bubu Bar is a friendly gay bar for bears, mature men and friends on on C Botanic 7.
- Fetish Club is a weekend after hours gay dance club in Valencia with a fun party vibe. It is not a fetish club as the name might suggest.
- Sauna Olympic is a 2-storey venue featuring a large swimming pool. jacuzzi, dry sauna, steam bath and plenty of cruising spaces .
- Mad.Bear Valencia coincides with the famous Fallas festival in Valencia with its unique pyrotechnic show; The Mascleta.
- Mascletá is a pyrotechnic event characterized by the achievement of a very noisy and rhythmic composition.
- Unlike fireworks, the Mascletá is designed to stimulate the body and usually takes place during the day in streets and plazas. It is typical of the Fallas of Valencia.
Valencia is Spain’s third largest city, 350m from Barcelona and home to the stunning Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias, Europe’s largest aquarium and stunning historic sights such as the Cathedral and the city’s Modernist architecture. The city’s gay bars are all located in the centre, quite close to one another. Other popular venues include:
- The Muse – Busy pre-clubbing music bar with dance floor close to Deso 54, the city’s popular late night entertainment spot.
- Cross – Long running cruise bar with occasional shows.
- La Boba y el Gato Rancio – Cocktail bar with a small street terrace in the Russafa district.
- Most late night partying takes place in the famous Deseo 54 club on Friday and Saturday nights from 1am to 7.30am.
- Tête-à-Tête – is located outside the city centre, but still very popular with locals and visitors. The sauna hosts special theme night parties which are especially popular.
Where to stay?
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Map of Valencia
The gay scene in Valencia is spread out in 2 distinct districts, The Botànic/Quart and Russafa (Ruzafa). Both are within close walking distance from the Old Town centre. The city also has one gay beach, Platja de l’Arbre del Gos which is outside of the city, however the city beach is packed full of gay boys throughout the season.
Recommended Hotels in Valencia By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Valencia that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
SH Valencia Palace
5 Star, Luxury
Located in front of the Palau de la Música in Valencia, this elegant hotel features a rooftop swimming pool and sun terrace. It offers spacious rooms with a classic design and free Wi-Fi. The Albufera restaurant offers local cuisine based on fresh products and gluten-free options are available. There is also a snack bar, an express bar and a lobby bar. A buffet breakfast is served
4 Star, Readers Choice
Zenit Valencia boasts a fantastic central location opposite Valencia’s Estación del Norte and the city’s bullring. It offers free Wi-Fi and has a fitness centre, sauna and car park. All rooms at the Zenit are stylishly furnished, with a private bathroom complete with hairdryer. Each room also contains a work desk, safety deposit box and plasma TV with satellite channels.
4 Star, Great Value
Vincci Palace is located in central Valencia, 5 minutes’ walk from the Cathedral. It is an attractive design hotel offering elegant rooms with satellite TV and free internet access. The Hotel Vincci Palace serves a buffet breakfast, which includes gluten-free products. There is a stylish on-site café selling refreshments and snacks, and a wide variety of restaurants can be found within a 5-minute walk
3 Star, Location
Decorated with bright red accents, the modern rooms at Kimpton Banneker Hotel feature a flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi access, and a work desk. An en suite bathroom and a minibar are also included. Bar Rouge offers breakfast, dinner, and weekday happy hour specials in a sleek, modern environment. Morning coffee and tea are available
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Valencia
Valencia is LGBTQ+ friendly, and there are several areas in the city that are popular among the gay community. The city is also known for its vibrant culture, stunning architecture, and rich history.
Ruzafa | A trendy & diverse neighborhood
- Ruzafa has historically been a diverse and inclusive neighborhood, attracting people from various backgrounds.
- It has a reputation for being LGBTQ+ friendly and is home to many gay-friendly bars, cafes, and venues.
- The streets of Ruzafa are adorned with colorful street art and murals, contributing to the neighborhood’s vibrant and dynamic atmosphere.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Ruzafa
El Carmen is the historic old town of Valencia, with its narrow streets, medieval architecture, and bohemian vibe.
One of Valencia’s most popular & iconic beaches. It’s a wide, sandy beach with a long promenade, perfect for relaxing.