From: Friday, Feb 25th, 2022
To: Sunday, Mar 6th, 2022
Fur Rendezvous Anchorage 2022
Fur Rendezvous is an Anchorage tradition since 1935. Spanning the last week of February, the festival usually includes a carnival, parade, snow sculpture competition, fireworks show, dog sled races, and more unique Alaska fun.
Known locally as Fur Rondy, the Fur Rendezvous event has proudly represented the pioneering spirit of Alaskans.The event started in 1935 as a three-day sporting event timed to coincide with the return of miners and trappers loaded down with the fruits of a winter of work. The original event featured skiing, hockey, basketball, boxing, and a children’s sled dog race down Fourth Avenue.
In addition to more than 20 official cultural and sporting activities, the Anchorage community hosts nearly 50 Rondy Round Town events, offering wacky winter fun for all ages.
Running of the Reindeer
- Fan favorite, the Running of the Reindeer, is a mad dash down the streets of Anchorage with caribou at the racers’ heels, always draws a crowd.
- Spectators gather on the Fourth Avenue to watch 10-20 teams racing homemade, themed outhouses on skis down Fourth Avenue, in the heart of downtown. Outhouses are recognized for best theme, most colorful, cleanest, most realistic and more. The races are classic Alaska and truly a sight to behold.
World Championship Sled Dog Races
- In the Rondy World Championship Sled Dog Races, dog teams and their mushers complete a high-speed loop daily for three days with the fastest time the winner. The sled dog races traditionally begin on Fourth Avenue at D Street, and run out and back to Campbell Creek. February 25-27, 2022 at Noon on 4th Ave and D Street
- Fur Rondy’s Blanket Toss mimics an ancient Alaska Native whaling tradition in two ways; a walrus skin is used, and everyone can have a turn to either jump or grip the blanket’s edge while tossing others as high as 20 feet into the air. What a view!
The snowshoe softball tournament
- The snowshoe softball tournament will get your adrenaline pumping. You might not be so quick on your feet in a pair of snowshoes, but the fun you’ll have will easily make up for it. Teams participating in this tournament dress up in their wackiest outfits (think snowsuits plus tutus). Sat/Sun, February 26 – 27, 2022 8.45am – 6pm.
The Ice Sculpture Championship
- Head down to Ship Creek to check out all the 2021 Snow Sculptures and cast your vote for the People’s Choice Award! Watch as artists of varying levels create miracles from 8ft x 8ft x 8ft blocks of compressed snow. Division 1 winners go to the US Nationals to compete as Alaska’s team. View daily from 10am to 10pm, Judging: Sunday, Feb 27, 2022 at 10am Awards: Sunday, Feb 27, 2022 at Noon
The Fireworks Extravaganza
- The highlight of the event is the Fireworks Extravaganza which takes place on Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 7.30pm. The event is held in Downtown Anchorage, Facing Ship Creek and the Small Boat Harbor. Pyrotechnic artists paint the sky with blasts of blazing rockets, bigger than any others used in Alaska.The winter sky over Anchorage will never be brighter!
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action,
Gay Map of ANCHORAGE
Recommended Apartments in Anchorage
The holiday home features 3 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 4 bathrooms with a bath or shower. A balcony and free WiFi.
1400 K Unit A
The property was built in 1971 and has air-conditioned accommodations with a balcony. This apartment has 3 bedrooms, a kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a flat-screen TV, a seating area and 2 bathrooms
The holiday home has 2 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV and a fully equipped kitchen that provides guests with a dishwasher, a microwave, a washing machine, a fridge and an oven. Towels and bed linen are offered. Free WiFi
Rustic Anchorage Hideaway Minutes from Trails provides beachfront accommodations with free WiFi. The apartment features 1 bedroom, a kitchen with a dishwasher, a washing machine, and 1 bathroom
Video Of Fur Rendezvous Anchorage
Fur Rondy Must Stop in Alaska
Recommended Hotels in Anchorage
Sheraton Hotel & Spa
4 Star – Central Location
A 42-inch flat-screen cable TV is featured in all smoke-free over-sized guest rooms at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel & Spa. A refrigerator and coffee-making facilities are included. A comfortable desk and a fax/copier/printer are provided. Pet-friendly rooms are available.
4 Star, Luxury
All guest rooms at the Marriott Anchorage Downtown feature air conditioning and private bathrooms. Every room also features over-sized picture windows, offering views of Anchorage and the Chugach Mountains. It features an indoor swimming pool
Four Points by Sheraton
3 Star – Great Amenities
Four Points by Sheraton Anchorage Downtown is located in the heart of downtown Anchorage This hotel offers a wide range of amenities, including free WiFi Internet access. All two-room suites are furnished and feature sofa sleepers and coffee makers.
Comfort Inn Ship Creek
2 Star – Perfect Location
Guest rooms at Comfort Inn Ship Creek include in-room movies, games & coffee maker. Select rooms include relaxing spa baths and kitchenettes. Free weekday newspapers are available to guests. The hotel also features an indoor heated pool and an exercise room