From: Saturday, January 27, 2024
To: Saturday, January 27, 2024
Vienna rainbow ball 2024 Vienna’s most stylish Ball – Dress to Impress!
If you are looking to get away for a weekend and fancy a little glamour then dust off your top hat and tails and grab your dancing shoes, and head to the Regenbogen Ball in Gay Vienna for a magical night to remember.
- Visiting for Vienna Pride, Stay close to the gay bars in the Nachmarkt district. The K+K Hotel Maria Theresia is rated “Fabulous”;a 4 star hotel with modern decor and delicious buffet breakfast.
- The Vienna Rainbow Ball is one of the most popular and successful ball events in Austria.
- Linking the classic Viennese ball tradition with the celebration of sexual and gender diversity is a successful concept, even beyond the borders of Austria. The success of the event can be seen as each year tickets sell out well in advance.
- Organisers expect a full house with 1,500 guests for the next edition.
- The Vienna Rainbow Ball promotes acceptance and diversity and is open to all LGBTIQ people and their friends and supporters.
- Festivities begin at 7 pm with a guest of honour reception at 7.30, followed by different music genres, lounge, dance and a disco ball.
- Enjoy a live performance by celebrity guests at 23:00, followed by dance peerformances by Quadrille Dance Master Bernard Bach and Schwebach Dance School.
- The host hotel sells out months in advance. Stay close by at the Radisson Blu Park Royal, rated “Excellent” by guests, featuring spacious rooms and highly-rated breakfasts.
- Remember, dress to impress! This is a ball, after all. Many guests spend months organising their outfits.
- Awaiting theme for the next edition
- Floor-length or knee -length evening dress, ball gown elegant trouser suit, gilet etc.
- Tailcoat, tuxedo or dark suit with bow tie, tie or scarf . no gender stereotypes! Your gender, your choice!
- Regenbogen Ball is held at the Park hotel and is one of the top social events on the gay calendar in Vienna.
- The former guest house of Emperor Francis Joseph, this 4-star superior hotel is within a 12-minute drive from the gay bars in the Naschmarkt.
Recommended Hotels in Vienna
- Vienna’s gay district is quite compact and easy to get around. Stay close to all the bars and clubs at the following recommended hotels:
Gay Map of Vienna
Wienzeile (‘Vienna Row’) is a street that runs through the city along the Vienna River. It is divided into Rechte (right) Wienzeile and the Linke (left) Wienzeile. Many gay bars and venues are located along both sides of Wienzeile.
Recommended Hotels in Vienna By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Vienna that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
The luxurious, renowned 5-star Hotel Imperial is set directly on the Ringstraße boulevard in the heart of Vienna and takes you back to the times of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. It features exclusive hotel rooms, a gourmet restaurant and a 24-hour rooftop fitness centre with a sauna. It was inaugurated in 1873 by Emperor Francis Joseph as the Palais Württemberg.
5 Star, Readers Choice
Built in 1913, Steigenberger Hotel Herrenhof is located in the centre of the first district of Vienna, only a few steps from the Hofburg Imperial Palace. Free WiFi is available. The Herrenhof’s air-conditioned rooms are very spacious and comfortably furnished. The Viennese studio Einwaller decorated the rooms and other parts of the hotel with 21st century interpretations of various styles
Austria Trend Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
Set in a charming building from 1912, Austria Trend Hotel Astoria Wien is located in the centre of Vienna, right on the famous Kärtnerstraße shopping street. Free WiFi is available. The elegant rooms are decorated with period furniture and come with wooden floors, a flat-screen cable TV, a minibar, a safe, a work desk, and a bathroom.
K+K Hotel Maria
4 Star, Location
The modern and elegant K+K Hotel Maria Theresia enjoys a central and quiet location right in Vienna’s artists’ quarter of Spittelberg and offers free WiFi, a wellness and a fitness area. The city centre is within a 10-minute stroll. The comfortable guestrooms offer modern luxury and a stylish interior design, with designer bathrooms and many modern amenities.
Highlights from one of the shows at Regenbogenball
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Vienna
Vienna, the capital of Austria, has a rich cultural history and a diverse, open-minded atmosphere. Vienna hosts various LGBTQ+ events and festivals throughout the year. One major event is Vienna Pride, which includes a colorful parade and various cultural activities. This celebration promotes visibility, acceptance, and equality for the LGBTQ+ community.
Naschmarkt District | Close to the city centre
- The Naschmarkt area has a lively atmosphere, diverse culinary scene, and several gay and gay-friendly venues.
- Kettenbrückengasse street in quite popular, famous for its gay friendly environment.
- The street is home to several gay bars, cafes, and clubs.
- It is a hub for socializing and comes alive at from early evening to late at night, especially on weekends.
The Mariahilf district, along Gumpendorfer Strasse, is home to an eclectic mix of shops, cafes, and bars. Also great for shopping.
This street runs along the southern edge of the city center & includes the famous Naschmarkt, home to several gay cafes and bars.