From: Sunday, January 19, 2025
To: Sunday, January 26, 2025
From: Sunday, January 19, 2025
- opening and closing parties
- white party
- Pool Party
- Furrocious uniform & fetish
- Snowmobile tours
- Dog sledding
- Bungee jumping
- Spa experiences
- Gay parade
Whistler Pride & Ski Week fills up fast.
To get the best deal and save up to 70%
Book your hotel early!
Not just a ski event – 8 days of winter pride celebrations 2025
Whistler Pride and Ski week is a celebration of diversity both on and off the slopes at Whistler, British Columbia, Canada.
- Sunday 19th – Sunday 26th December 2025 – The Whistler Pride and Ski Festival is more than just a gay ski week, it is an 8-day festival that combines Sports, Culinary, Wellness and spectacular Social and Cultural events.
- More than 3,000 visitors attend the event from more than 30 countries around the world.
- Whistler is a charming town, north of Vancouver, British Columbia. At 2,000 feet (607 meters) and the Alpine peaks hover at 7,250 feet (2210 meters) Whistler has an annual snowfall in excess of 33 feet (10 meters – in fact this past season Whistler surpassed the 10 year annual average snowfall with over 1,200cm!) making for some sensational turns with the Whistler Pride volunteer ski guides leading you through the massive terrain.
- 2025 host hotel – Aava Whistler Hotel. As with most ski weeks, the host hotel sells out first. The following hotels are great alternatives, all close by:
Delta Hotels by Marriott – (9 min walk) Large suites with great amenities.
Pangea Pod Hotel – (5 min walk) perfect if you are traveling in a big group.
Alpenglow Lodge by Bill – (10 min walk) Spacious apartments with stunning views.
Pan Pacific – (6 min walk) Exceptional service and some of the best breakfast options in Whistler.
Getting to Whistler
- Whistler is a 2 hour drive north from Vancouver airport. The drive is quite scenic along Highway 99. Other nearby airports include Seattle (4 hour drive) and Bellingham. (3 hour drive)
- Book your private airport transfer by car in advance from Vancouver.
- Whistler has in excess of 200 marked ski trails in between the two mountains, Whistler and Blackcomb, suitable for all difficulty levels: green for beginners, blue for intermediate, and black for advanced skiers.
- Take a two hour Wilderness Adventure Snowmobile tour – fulfill all those James Bond fantasies, we did!
- The charming, European-inspired pedestrian village, makes getting around easy to experience activities for Non Skiers & Riders or for those that need a break. Whistler has the longest vertical mile in North America complete with a stunning village Gondola system and improved slopes.
- Whistler offers an abundance of activities from inner tube sliding, dog sledding, snowmobile tours, bungee jumping, to flying through the forest like a Jedi Knight on one of the Zipline courses.
- There are hundreds of spa and body treatments to be had, wellness programs, culinary experiences, art galleries and abundant people watching opportunities throughout the resort. Scandinave Spa offers some of the most relaxing treatments in a beautifully decorated retreat.
- The Peak 2 Peak is a tri-cable gondola lift that links the two mountain ranges. It passes between the Roundhouse Lodge at Whistler Mountain to the Rendezvous Lodge on Blackcomb mountain. The views are breathtaking and it was certainly the highlight of our trip.
- Check out a full range of things to do on your trip, all bookable in advance.
Whistler Ski Week Parties
- Many of the events take place at the Whistler Conference Centre including the official opening and closing parties. The event also includes WhiteOUT the white party, Splash, the Pool Party and Furrocious – a uniform and fetish event not to be missed. The highlight of the event is the Closing “Snowball” together with the Ski Out event, a gay parade through the town of Whistler.
The Apres Ski
- Daily from 3 pm – After a fantastic day on the mountains, at the spa or simply hanging out in the Village, come together to meet and greet other festival participants at après-ski before heading out for the night.
The Tea Dance
- Daily from 5 pm – Join the celebrations at the Whistler Conference Centre for an afternoon après-ski T-dance.
Sip ‘N Dip – Private Event at Scandinave Spa
- Awaiting dates –Enjoy wine, beer, and music by at the Scandinave Spa pavilion and experience the traditional Scandinavian baths in a relaxing and natural environment.
Splash Indoor Pool Party
- Awaiting dates – Get soaking wet at the annual Whistler Pride festival Pool Party. Bring your own towel and swimsuit. Clothes check and lockers available on site. Catch the free shuttle from the Aava Whistler hotel.
Annual Pride Ski Parade
- Awaiting dates – Join the annual Pride Ski + March where skiers and riders start on Whistler’s mid-station on the Olympic Run and swoosh down the slopes in a sea of colour. Rainbow flags are carried with pride and skiers and riders dress in colour outfits as they descend down to Whistler Village at Skiers’ Plaza.
- The giant Pride Flag is transferred from skier to marchers as the crowd continues down the Village Stroll to the Olympic Rings at Whistler Olympic Plaza, paying homage to the start of the very first Pride House at the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games. After the parade, join the celebrations at the Whistler Conference Centre for an afternoon après-ski T-dance.
Snowball Closing Party
- Awaiting dates – The festival pulls out all the stops and transforms the Whistler Conference Centre into a mega nightclub like you would find at other world-renowned locations. Sensational sound and visuals with stunning go-gos all tricked out and wired to keep you dancing until the lights come on at 4 AM.
Special Nightly Events
- Other Highlights include the Welcome Party, Drag Bingo, Comedy Night, Throwback, Pride Movie Night and Furrocious.
Where to stay in Gay Whistler
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action:
Gay Map of WHISTLER
The Village is cute and compact, offering everything a traveler needs within a five minute walk: liquor store, grocery store, restaurants, bars, boutique shops and hotels are all spread out through the Lower and Upper Villages.
Recommended Hotels in Whistler Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Whistler that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Summit Lodge Hotel
4 Star, Luxury
- 4 Star, Outdoor Pool and Hot Tub
- Close to town
- Kitchenette, fireplace, balcony
- Central Whistler Village location, suites with kitchenettes, outdoor pool, and hot tub for relaxing.
Aava Whistler Hotel
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4 Star, Pool, Mountain Views
- Close to town
- Modern rooms, iPod docking
- Steps from Whistler Village, outdoor pool with mountain views, modern rooms for a luxurious stay.
The Crystal Lodge
4 Star, Great Value
- 4 Star, Six Restaurants, Lounges
- Close to town
- Contemporary rooms, minibars
- In heart of Whistler Village, contemporary rooms, walking distance to gondolas.
Other Events in January
Latest Gay Travel News
Celebrate the arrival or Spring with chickens, some chocolate eggs and a few confessions!
There’s nothing quite like a Carnival. After a long Winter, it’s the perfect excuse to party! From Cologne to Rio, discover the top Carnivals with significant gay events as part of their celebrations.
From the Apres Ski parties in Aspen to the slopes of Queenstown in September, here are the top gay ski weeks to attend in 2024 & 2025!
Trending Events & Articles
Here are the most popular events searched for and viewed by our readers over the past 7 days: