From: Monday, Jul 19th, 2021
To: Tuesday, Aug 3rd, 2021
Vancouver Gay Pride 2021
Vancouver Gay Pride is not just a celebration for gays and lesbians. It’s a celebration of diversity and anybody who shares the ‘life is a cabaret’ spirit will feel right at home! Parties, tea dances, cruises, a parade and a spectacular final event makes this an unforgettable celebration every summer.
Va..va…voom.. August is Pride Season in Vancouver.
2021 Update – Events will be socially distant. More details to come. Here is an outline of planned events.
Pride Art Walk
- Jul 19–Aug 3 – Look out for the Vancouver Pride app, get your cameras ready and enjoy your self-guided tour with your bubble besties!
- Jul 23–25, Jul 30–Aug 1 – Book a two hour time slot with up to five of your bubble buddies, have a couple drinks under the summer sky, and enjoy some lounge style entertainment including drag performers.
- Jul 30–Aug 1 – VanPrideFest is a series of open-air programming with community partners.
- Aug 1 – #ChooseYourPride by having a picnic in the park with Pride decor, dress up in your Pride finery and have lunch on a patio, or march with your (chosen) family down the street carrying your Pride flags. Post about it for your chance to be included in the Vancouver Pride Parade and win prizes.
Hotels in Davie Village can fill up fast so book early. There are some great places to stay in West End area which is a short walk from the village. The Burrard is a charming and trendy 3 star hotel with great amenities. The Hyatt Regency Vancouver is the perfect 5 star option for those looking for a luxury escape, while The Sutton Place Hotel puts you front and centre for every pride activity.
Vancouver gay pride is one of the most largest prides in North America and takes place in the sizzling Canadian Summer months of July & August attracting thousands of people from all around the world.
Vancouver Pride Parade
- Returns in 2022 The parade begins at Robson Street and Thurlow Street, heads west to Denman Street, winds its way through the West End-the historic centre of Vancouver’s LGBT community, to Denman to Pacific Street and Beach Avenue and finishes at Sunset Beach Pride Festival and Market.
- To get to the parade take the bus or SkyTrain (Granville Station is within easy walking distance of the Parade starting point) as traffic restrictions are in place across the city.
Sunset Beach After Party
- Returns in 2022 The parade is immediately followed by a giant waterfront bash – the Sunset Beach Festival. About 125,000 people gather on Sunset Beach to listen to live music, browse vendor booths, kick back in the beer gardens, take in sparkling views of English Bay, swim in the ocean, and frolic in the festive atmosphere.
Davie Street Party
- The Davie Street Party is one of the most enjoyable events of the weekend. Davie Street, in Vancouver’s West End, has been the historic epicentre for gay partying in Vancouver for decades; it’s home to most of the best Gay & Lesbian Nightlife in the city. So it’s no surprise that the Davie Street Party in Davie Village kicks off the partying side of Vancouver Pride Week.
- The Davie Street Party isn’t just an adult affair: from 4pm – 6pm, the street party with be free and all-ages. At 6pm, there will be a 19+, ticketed area for adults only.
Other events during Vancouver Pride Week
Vancouver’s Pride Week has plenty of events for those seeking to join the festivities, culminating in the Pride Parade on the Sunday. The days and weeks leading up to the parade and festival are always packed with spectacular events that are officially part of the fabulous Pride fun. Notable events include the East Side Pride, a family friendly event in Grandview Park near Commercial Drive and The Picnic in the Park at Stanley Park.
Where to stay during Vancouver Pride
As you can see from the map the gay area, Davie Village, is quite compact and all within walking distance of the pride events.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Vancouver
Located in the heart of Vancouver’s West End neighbourhood (home to Western Canada’s largest gay population), Davie Village is where you’ll find vibrant pink bus shelters, lazy cafés, mouthwatering multicultural cuisine, oceanside strollers and sizzling nightclubs.
Recommended Apartments in Vancouver
1 & 2 Bedrooms
Set in Vancouver in the British Columbia region, with Sunset Beach and Granville Island Ferry Dock nearby, Executive Extended Stay offers 1 and 2 bedroom accommodation with free WiFi and free private parking, as well as access to a fitness room.
1, 2 & 3 Bedrooms
Featuring a kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, each unit also comes with a satellite flat-screen TV, ironing facilities, desk and a seating area with a sofa. There is a private bathroom with shower, a hairdryer in each unit, & free toiletries.
1 & 2 Bedrooms
The property is air conditioned and features a hot tub. Fitted with a balcony, the units feature a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with shower. A kitchen, with a dishwasher and oven are also featured, as well as a coffee machine. Free WiFi
This 2 bedroom 2 floor apartment offers a living room with flat screen TV, an office space with a desk a fully equipped kitchen with oven and microwave, a washer and dryer, 2 full bathrooms with a bath and shower. Free WiFi is available in all areas
Video Of Vancouver Pride
Highlights of the Vancouver pride with interviews and more!
Recommended Hotels in Vancouver
We have selected some of the best hotels in Vancouver’s West End neighbourhood close to all the gay bars and clubs.
5 Star – Great Location
Amazing floor to ceiling views of the city in a superb location.
4 Star – Pool & Gym
Great Location close to shopping, bars and downtown plus huge pool.
4 Star – Great Views
Stunning views, balcony rooms in the heart of the gay village.
3 Star – Designer Finish
Recently refurbished in the heart of the gay district with great amenities.