From: Saturday, August 3, 2024
To: Sunday, August 4, 2024
Pride Festival Vancouver (Formerly Sunset Beach Festival) 2024
The Vancouver Pride Festival is a large celebration of the LGBTQIA2+ community in the summer. One of its biggest events is the main outdoor festival. This event brings together thousands of individuals in the LGBTQ2+ community and their allies for two day of fun-filled festivities.
- Stay close to the beach at the Sylvia Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by users and just steps from the beach, offering delicious breakfasts and great value. The Residence Inn by Marriott is another popular alternative with an excellent fitness centre and sweeping city views.
- 2024 Venue to be confirmed.
- Last year, the main Pride Festival event moved to a new location and for two days instead of one, over the BC Day Long Weekend.
- The Festival takes over Concord Community Park, located at 50 Pacific Boulevard. Additional details about the 2023 event are to be confirmed.
The Beach Festival
- Celebrate Pride and enjoy the beautiful outdoors at the Concord Park on the last Sunday of Vancouver Pride.
- Beginning at 11:00am, the event will feature a Main Stage, Community Zone, Family Fun Zone, beer garden, food trucks, interactive art and much more!
- Enjoy the diverse entertainment lineup at the main stage, explore the Vendor Village. Stay and take in the festival for the whole day on Saturday and Sunday, or pop by after watching the incredible parade.
Concord Community Park
- Concord Community Park is a 3.5 acre public waterfront park with lots of green space located at Northeast False Creek in downtown Vancouver.
- There are expansive separate open lawn spaces, a sandy man-made beach area with a beach volleyball net and seating logs, numerous picnic tables, ping pong tables with fixed nets, half-basketball court, ball hockey rink, children’s games painted onto paved pathways, and trees and other landscaping.
- Dedicated space is set aside for Pride entertainment and programming.
Where to stay in Vancouver
The following Vancouver hotels are close to the gay village and the pride celebrations:
Gay Map of Vancouver
Located in the heart of Vancouver’s West End neighbourhood (home to Western Canada’s largest gay population), Davie Village is where you’ll find vibrant pink bus shelters, lazy cafés, mouthwatering multicultural cuisine, oceanside strollers and sizzling nightclubs.
Recommended Hotels in Vancouver By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Vancouver that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Featuring an on-site spa and gourmet restaurant, this Vancouver hotel is only 5 minutes from Robson St. Free WiFi and 42” flat-screen TVs are provided in each room. Guest rooms at the Vancouver Loden are equipped with floor-to-ceiling windows offering lots of natural light. Designer bath amenities, yoga mats and sitting areas are also included in each room.
4 Star, Readers Choice
Located in the Vancouver city centre, Auberge Vancouver Hotel features an indoor pool and a sauna. Free WiFi, a refrigerator, and a microwave are provided in all rooms. A flat-screen cable TV and an iPod docking station are offered. A coffee maker is included. An en suite bathroom includes bathrobes. Select rooms feature harbour or mountain views.
Blue Horizon Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
Featuring an indoor pool, a hot tub and a steam bath. This contemporary Vancouver hotel is situated directly on Robson Street near shopping and restaurants. Corner guest rooms include a full balcony with a city view. Free WiFi throughout the property. Each room offers a flat-screen TV, refrigerator and coffee-making facilities. Views of the city or the Vancouver skyline.
3 Star, Location
Featuring an outdoor lounge and on-site coffee shop, this hotel in downtown Vancouver is 3 blocks from the Robson Street shopping area. The hotel offers free WiFi and free Brodie cruiser bike rentals. A 42-inch flat-screen cable TV, Nespresso coffee machine, and fridge are provided in each guest room at The Burrard. Free calls are also available.
Video Of Pride Festival Vancouver
Highlights of previous Parade after parties.