From: Monday, February 5, 2024
To: Tuesday, February 13, 2024
St.Louis Mardi Gras (Soulard Mardi Gras) is the second largest Mardi Gras festival in the United States.
- If you plan on visiting, book your hotel as the Mardi Gras is one of the most popular events in the city. Downtown St Louis hotels sell out well in advance. Stay close to the center of all the action at the Magnolia Hotel St. Louis
Where does St Louis Mardi Gras take place?
- The city of St.Louis was named after a French royal and was once called ‘The Paris of the West.’ No wonder Mardi Gras is a pretty big deal in the city.
- The Soulard neighborhood , named after Antoine Soulard, the founder of St.Louis, is the epicenter of the huge and colorful festivities.
- Soulard Mardi Gras begins with Twelfth Night on January 5th 2024 and lasts through Fat Tuesday.
St. Louis Mardi Gras Parade
- Saturday, February 10th, 2024 from 11am – The biggest Mardi Gras parade in the US after New Orleans begins at Busch Stadium and passes through the streets of Downtown South and Soulard to end with a big bash at Anheuser-Busch Brewery. Every year the parade has a different theme.
- The parade features over 100 floats that bring the theme to life. Altogether, over 10,000,000 strands of beads will be thrown into the crowds lining the streets by Mardi Gras revelers. The celebration also features live music and delicious Southern and Cajun foods!
- Hotels close to the Parade include Drury Plaza St. Louis at the Arch – Rated Superb by guests and 1.6km from the event and Live by Loews, rated “Fabulous” by guests and 2km from the parade.
- There is no better way to experience Mardi Gras than by being in the Bud Light Party Tent or the Blues Blues Alumni Tent. Admission gets you an open bar, heat lamps, BATHROOMS, a cajun lunch buffet, optimal parade viewing, and free beads.
Rue Du Cirque and High Heel Race
- Saturday, February 10th, 2024 from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm (post parade) Rue Du Cirque
- The post-parade Rue du Cirque street takes place after the parrade, all afternoon long with live music and the largest game of Flip Cup in the world!
- Think you can out-queen a Queen? Strut your stuff during the historic High Heel Drag Race! Sprint against the hottest Krewe of Queens. Did we mention you’ll be sprinting in 4 inch heels?
- Stay in the Chase Park Plaza, within walking distance to St. Louis’ eclectic Central West End and close to all the Mardi Gras festivities without any of the noise! The hotel has spacious rooms and suites with a “Fabulous” rating.
Taste of Soulard
- Awaiting Dates – Typically the weekend before the parade – Time: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm – Check out Soulard the weekend prior to Grand Parade day. Saturday and Sunday are the “Taste of Soulard” in which many of the Soulard bars and restaurants will pass out samples of their signature food and drinks with the purchase of a “passport”.
- On Saturday’s “Taste” there’s even complimentary shuttles roaming the neighborhood taking participants to the participating venues.
The Pet Parade
- Awaiting Dates – The Pet Parade is said to be one of the largest Pet Parades in the world and usually brings out a lot of party animals ranging from Dogs, Cats, Goats, Horses, and in years past, even a dinosaur!
- Parade: 1:00 pm Begins at 12th and Allen
Wiener Dog Derby
- Awaiting Dates, Opening Ceremonies: 1:45 pm First Heat: 2:00 pm – St Louis top Wieners have been working hard all offseason for this, and now the time has arrived for the nation’s longest-running wiener dog derby!
- Participants square off at Soulard Market to determine the dashingest dachshund in all of the land.
- Horseshoe Casino Stadium in Soulard Market Park.
- Stay a short ride from the festivities at Live! by Loews, rated “Fabulous” by guests with a perfect downtown location, boutique rooms and epic views of St.Louis.
- Note, The Festival is primarily a CASH-ONLY event. Even bars and restaurants that take cards the other 364 days of the year are cash only on Grand Parade day.
- Take a taxi or rideshare! The entire Soulard Neighborhood is effectively a “No Parking” zone the day of the Grand Parade. Even the surrounding neighborhoods of Lafayette Square, McKinley Heights, Benton Park and the area by Busch Stadium will be full by 10am. Several bars and restaurants operate shuttles to Soulard from Downtown.
Gay St Louis During Mardi Gras
The gay bars and clubs of St.Louis celebrate Mardi Gras with gusto! Picture amazing over the top costumes, theme parties and late night events throughout the celebrations.
- If you want to be close to the gay nightlife, try the Hampton Inn and Suites St Louis, a 3 star hotel rated “Fabulous” by guests. The Element St. Louis Midtown is also a great option with pool, crisp decor and suites complete with kitchen and spacious rooms.
Gay Neighbourhoods in St. Louis
- The Grove neighborhood, the district is located between Kingshighway and Vandeventer along Manchester Avenue and is the city’s undisputed crown jewel.
- Hit up Prism, a cocktail and drag bar featuring a cocktail lounge and a cabaret stage plus a 2,000 square foot outdoor patio. The patio at Just John is the place to be on warm summer nights. Rehab Bar & Grill is a laid-back oasis with a full menu.
- The South Grand neighborhood—in addition to housing a whole world of ethnic restaurants—is home to spots like punk-rock dive bar CBGB for bands and strong drinks. On nearby Spring Avenue, the Grey Fox Pub hosts drag and cabaret events most nights, after its charmingly low-key happy hour. Bar PM and Hummel’s Pub are a mini-gayborhood in the up-and-coming neighborhood of Carondelet.
Where to stay during St. Louis Mardi Gras?
The following hotels are close to all of the city’s top attractions and a short ride to the Mardi Gras celebrations:
Angad Arts Hotel, Hyatt Regency, The Westin, The Last Hotel STL
Find the best place to stay in St Louis
Book now and Pay on arrival
Angad Arts Hotel is our editors
choice when we are in St Louis
For further information and advice on
St Louis Mardi Gras visit the Website
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in St Louis that keep you close to all the shops and restaurants
Among the facilities at this property are an ATM and a concierge service. Evening entertainment and a 24-hour front desk. The rooms are fitted with air conditioning, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a fridge, a coffee machine, a shower, a hairdryer and a desk. At the hotel rooms include a wardrobe and a private bathroom.
Located in the heart of city centre, this hotel features rooms with 50-inch flat-screen TVs and free WiFi access. A variety of sophisticated dining options are available on site. Tea and coffee-making facilities and a small refrigerator are included in every room, an iPod docking station and ironing facilities are featured in each room.
This 4-star hotel is located in the historic Cupples Station district of downtown St. Louis. It features an International restaurant, luxury spa and modern rooms with a 37-inch flat-screen TV. Every room at St. Louis Westin offers in-room movies, a work desk and minibar. The spacious bathrooms boast a separate shower and soaking tub.
The Last Hotel features a restaurant, outdoor swimming pool, a fitness centre and bar in Saint Louis. This 4-star hotel offers an ATM and a concierge service. The accommodation offers a 24-hour front desk, a shared lounge and luggage storage for guests.
Sights and Sounds from Mardi Gras 2019
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Expedia
We have chosen hotels in St Louis that keep you close to all the shops and restaurants
A full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool are available at this smoke-free hotel. Additionally, a 24-hour fitness center, a bar/lounge, and a poolside bar are onsite. All 200 rooms boast deep soaking tubs and offer free WiFi and iPod docks. 24-hour room service and DVD players are standard, as are plasma TVs with cable channels.
A restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar/lounge are available at this smoke-free hotel. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, 24-hour room service, and a business center. All 216 rooms offer free WiFi, 24-hour room service, and TVs with cable channels. Guests will also find coffee makers, hair dryers, and safes.
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hotel has a 24-hour fitness center and a bar/lounge. Additionally, a coffee shop/café, a snack bar/deli, and a sauna are onsite. All 917 rooms offer comforts like premium bedding, plus 24-hour room service and flat-screen TVs with satellite channels, WiFi, Netflix, and coffee makers.
3 restaurants, a restaurant, and 2 bars/lounges are available at this smoke-free hotel. Additionally, a health club, a coffee shop/café, and a rooftop terrace are onsite. All 910 rooms offer conveniences like refrigerators and coffee makers, along with free WiFi, & iPod docks, flat-screen TVs, room service, and premium bedding.