From: Saturday, September 30, 2023
To: Saturday, September 30, 2023
Plaza District Festival & Plaza Walls Mural Expo 2023
What started as a celebration of the comeback of the revitalized Plaza District, the Plaza District Festival now draws thousands of visitors from around the Oklahoma City area as well as visitors looking for that taste of local.
- Stay close to the Festival at The Ambassador Hotel, an Autograph Collection member, rated “Exceptional” by guest with stylish rooms, an outdoor pool and excellent rooftop bar.
- Located on Northwest 16th Street, the Plaza District Festival highlights a wide array of Oklahoma’s own performing artists, visual artists and musicians while patrons enjoy local food,and the chance to purchase unique art pieces.
- Artist booths line NW 16th Street in a festive display of Oklahoma creativity.
- The event is held from 11:00 AM 10:00 PM each day.
- During the festival, you can catch a performance at any of the three stages set up in the district.
The Plaza District
- If you’re the sort that likes to check out the hip and happening, you’ll find it in the Plaza District; an enclave of locally-owned shops, neighborhood bars, quirky galleries and fun-and-funky restaurants.
- Named for the historic Plaza Theater (built in 1935), the area has become a hub for creativity and a magnet for local businesses. Its namesake theater is now the nationally-renowned Lyric on the Plaza Theater, where you can catch live performances in season.
- The plaza district is a 5-minute ride from the gay bars along NW 39th street. Stay close to the bars and a short ride from the festival at Bradford House, rated “Exceptional” by guests, a historic house with exceptional decor and high-end amenities.
Plaza Walls Mural Expo
- While at the festival, check out the see artists in action at the annual Plaza Walls Mural Expo.
- Plaza Walls is a rotating mural project in the heart of Oklahoma’s only mural district.
- Managed and curated by the Oklahoma Mural Syndicate, Plaza Walls continues to be one of the district’s largest tourist attractions
Where to stay in Oklahoma
The following hotels are currently trending with our readers and are a close to the NW 39th Street District, the largest gay and lesbian district in the Great Plains and central regions of the United States.
“The Strip,” as this district is affectionately known, also plays host to one of Oklahoma City’s biggest annual events, the OKC Pride Parade and Festival.
Recommended Hotels in Oklahoma By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Oklahoma that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Sleep Inn & Suites
3 Star, Good Pool
Guests of this hotel will enjoy amenities and features like:Free Morning Medley Hot Breakfast, free local calls, free high-speed Internet access in all rooms and free wireless Internet access on the property. After a busy day of meetings or an exciting day of sightseeing, relax in the indoor heated pool and hot tub.
3 Star Good Rates
All rooms include a flat-screen TV with cable channels. A seating area with a sofa is provided. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom equipped with free toiletries and a hairdryer. There is a 24-hour front desk and a fitness centre at the property. Laundry and business facilities are available.
Courtyard by Marriott
3 Star, Great Value
Guest rooms at Courtyard Oklahoma City are air-conditioned and feature a flat-screen TV and tea and coffee-making facilities. Courtyard Oklahoma City Northwest has bistro restaurant that serves breakfast, dinner, and evening cocktails. A fitness centre is also available on site.
3 Star, Gay Hotel
Boasting a bar, District Hotel caters to LGBTQIA community is a LGBTQIA+- friendly hotel set in Oklahoma City. All guest rooms come with air conditioning, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a coffee machine, a shower, a hairdryer and a wardrobe. With a private bathroom