From: Wednesday, Jun 30th, 2021
To: Saturday, Jul 3rd, 2021
Slick Melbourne Rubber Week 2021
Get ready for Slick Melbourne Rubber Week, an annual event celebrating all things rubber.
Slick Melbourne Rubber Week features over a week’s worth of parties, social events and activities. Slick is the perfect place to bring your love for “the shine” out for all to see!
The event is an inclusive and immersive event for all members of our community regardless of race, gender or sexual orientation. All are welcome! Slick was created by Laird Leatherman 2012 Ben Riethmuller and LLM 14 contestant Grant Maynard in 2016 with the desire to help boost the emerging rubber community in Melbourne. As each year passed, the popularity of Slick has grown and it is now one of the hottest fetish festivals in the country.
- Starting off, on the Wednesday we have the Welcome Drinks followed by Rubber Trivia. All at the iconic Laird Hotel.
- Next on Thursday we have the Newbie Meet N’ Greet followed by Maxim Gloss. This is where we’ll meet our contestants for this year’s Melbourne Rubberman 2021 competition! These events will be at the Laird and the formal portion of Maxim Gloss will be Auslan interpreted.
- On Friday during the day we have the Visitor Brunch, followed by the main MRM21 contest where we will sash our new Melbourne Rubberman!
- Saturday has a lot of variety with a Latex Care + Repair workshop at Eagle Leather. Followed by Slick-Con at the Laird, with the Late-XXX party that night.
- Recovery Sunday Slick Out at Evie’s Bar and Diner will be an amazingly camp way to round out a massive week of shiny fun. Come and relax, dance, eat, and finish off Slick Week in style.Trivia, Maxim Gloss, the MRM21 contest, and Slick-Con will each have their own associated colored wristbands ($5 each).
In addition, if you are new to Slick, or Melbourne, or just rubber/kink in general, you can pick up a free yellow “Newbie” wrist band. Please note that all ticket sales are physical tickets that MUST be picked up at Eagle Leather.
- Events are held at The Laird, Melbourne, Australia’s longest running gay-owned and operated bar.
- Melbourne Metropole Central is just a 4min drive away, or take the tram which stops directly outside the hotel.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action ,
Gay Map of Melbourne
Melbourne’s gay bars & clubs are located in St Kilda and South Yarra south of the city or in Collingwood, Richmond and Fitzroy north of the city and one in Yarraville.
Recommended Apartments in Melbourne
1 to 2 Bedrooms
The air-conditioned units have a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher & an oven. A microwave & toaster are also provided, as well as a coffee machine. A living area with a flat-screen TV. Laundry facilities are available.
This air-conditioned apartment is fitted with 2 bedrooms, a living room and a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and an oven. It also has a flat-screen TV with free streaming service. Bathroom comes with a hair dryer
1 & 2 Bedrooms
Situated in the Carlton district of Melbourne Every unit has a private bathroom and shower, air conditioning, a flat-screen TV and a dishwasher. A microwave and fridge are also available, as well as a kettle.
1 & 2 Bedrooms
All air-conditioned apartments feature a fully equipped kitchen, a dining setting and a private bathroom with a shower and bathrobes. Each have a lounge area with a sofa and a flat-screen TV. Free WiFi
Video Of gay guide to the city of Melbourne
Melbourne City Gaycation
Recommended Hotels in Melbourne
The best place to stay in Melbourne is in the Southbank district. Here you will be close to all the city’s attractions and the nearby gay in both the north and south of the city.
5 Star Luxury
Rising above Melbourne’s vibrant Southbank precinct, Crown Towers offers spacious luxury rooms with views of the city or Port Phillip Bay. Each room features original artworks and marble bathrooms.
The Como, 5 Star
The Como is perfectly positioned near the restaurants, boutiques and all attractions located in the South Yarra, Prahran and Toorak area. There is a tram stop nearby, taking you to Melbourne city centre
Cosmopolitan 4 Star
Gay District -St.Kinda
The Cosmopolitan is a boutique-style hotel including modern minimalist rooms, each well-equipped room features free WiFi and one secure on site parking space per room. 6 minutes walk from the beach
The property features contemporary furniture, an en suite bathroom, air-conditioning and central heating. Downstairs is a spacious lounge, a chefs kitchen & laundry facilities shared by the 4 guest rooms.