From: Thursday, June 27, 2024
To: Sunday, June 30, 2024
Milan Gay Pride 2024
The Milano Pride is a parade and festival held at the end of June each year in Milan, Italy, to celebrate the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people and their allies. Milan is one of the cities displaying the widest variety of LGBT friendly clubs in Italy, but the week with the greatest amount of LGBT friendly events is the week of Milano Gay Pride.
- Are you visiting Milan? Stay in the Porta Venezia district, home to the city’s bustling gay bar scene and take a taxi to the club. Stay at the World hotel Cristoforo Colombo, rated “Fabulous” by guests, just steps from the bars with opulent rooms and perfect location.
- Pride Week takes place in the city centre. During that week, many gay cultural events take place mainly in Casa dei Diritti (House of Rights).
- The parade takes place on the last Saturday of the event.
Milan Pride Square
- Thursday 27th and Friday 28th June 2024 – Porta Venezia, the heart of the gay district in Milan, hosts “Pride Square” where vendors sell food and drink with live concerts and performances. Previous events have attracted more than 150,000 people to the parade and after parties.
- Milan Pride Square takes place in Lazzaretto, Lavater, Santa Francesca Romana: a festival of events in three squares in Porta Venezia with talks, debates, art and culture, as well as spaces dedicated to health and prevention.
- Stay close to the square and the pride events at the World Hotel Cristoforo Colombo, highly-rated for its breakfasts and location.
Milan Pride Main Event
- Saturday 29th June 2024 – Starting at Stazione Centrale, making its way through the streets of Milan to the Arco della Pace (Arc of Peace)
- The parade kicks off at 16.00 and ends several hours later, finishing with a speeches, live acts and after party.
- Upgrade your Milan trip and party like a fashionista at the Château Monfort, one of the city’s best boutique hotels in the historic quarter.
Milan Gay Parites
- Milan is home to some of Italy’s biggest one-off, weekly and special edition parties. Most clubs are a 15-20 minute drive from the gay bars in the centre of Milan.
- One Way Club – Popular Friday/Saturday night party at Bar Fiorani.
- Vogue Ambition – A mix of over-the-top shows, Italian and international pop on weekends at Q Club.
- Fluid Party – Pop-up party created by legendary DJ Phil Romano.
- La Boum – Sexy guys, great music and guest DJs in a cool industrial wharehouse.
- Cox – International Circuit Party with hot muscle boys and top DJs.
- Gate Party – Another leading Italian circuit party with different theme nights, typically monthly.
- (Note this year Cox and Milan host a special joint party on the 24th of June.)
Gay Milan – Popular Venues
Unsurprisingly, the most vibrant part of Milan during Pride is located along the city’s gay bars in Porta Venezia. The following bars are some of the most popular:
- Leccomilano – un Buco di bar is one of the city’s top gay attractions. Its creative cocktails with allusive names are made from biological products by expert bartenders. The bar is a hot spot, especially at weekends when it hosts several theme parties with guest DJs.
- Mono Bar – Retro gay cocktail bar with an international allure as visitors chill on vintage furniture, enjoy excellent cocktails and listen to curated music by local DJs.
- NoLoSo – Located in Northern Loreto, NoLoSo is a colourful gay bar featuring a nightly aperitivo buffet, Sunday brunch & weekend DJs.
- Club Plastic – Iconic gay disco since the 80s known for its posh vibe and alternative artists and stars.
- Bar Basso – The hottest bar in town for everyone. Neither new nor trendy, its pink interior, mirrored walls and chandeliers remain unchanged for decades. Famous for its Negroni Sbagliato, a twist on the classic. In place of gin, though, the Sbagliato version uses sparkling wine.
Milan Pride Week
- Featuring parties, events, concerts and cultural activities.
- Full schedule to be confirmed.
Where to stay in Milan
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Milan
Milan is one of the cities that displays the widest variety of LGBT friendly clubs in Italy. Most of the busiest gay bars and clubs are mostly are in the Porta Venezia District. This central area is close to the gay venues on Via Sammartini and Corso Buenos Aires, Milan’s most important shopping area. Transport links at the Central Station make it easy to get around the city.
Recommended Hotels in Milan By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Milan that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
- 5-star, fairy tale-themed rooms, historic center.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Elegant parquet floors, LCD TV.
- Enchanting luxury with a unique fairy tale theme, close to Milan’s fashion district.
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4-star, in fashionable Via Montenapoleone area.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Refined wood floors, LCD TV.
- Sophisticated elegance in Milan’s shopping heart, ideal for a stylish and comfortable stay.
4 Star, Great Value
- 4-star, on Corso Buenos Aires, spa.
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars.
- Air-conditioned, free WiFi, parquet floors.
- Historic charm with modern comforts, conveniently located for shopping and sightseeing.
NH Milano Machiavelli
4 Star, Location
- 4-star, bright red accents, modern rooms.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi access.
- Contemporary and vibrant, perfectly situated for exploring Milan’s rich cultural landscape.
Video of Milan Gay Pride
Milano Pride 2017
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Milan
Milan, as a global fashion and cultural hub, is known for its open-mindedness and acceptance. While specific LGBTQ+ spaces and events exist, the city’s inclusive attitude means that LGBTQ+ individuals and couples can generally explore and enjoy various areas without feeling out of place.
Porta Venezia | The Guy Hub of Milan
- This neighborhood has historically been one of the LGBTQ+ centers in Milan.
- Via Lecco and the surrounding streets have many LGBTQ+-friendly bars, clubs, and restaurants.
- The area is known for its inclusive atmosphere and vibrant nightlife.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Milan
Famous for its picturesque canals & a lively nightlife scene. It hosts various gay-friendly venues, bars, & events.
A trendy neighborhood known for its artistic street art & alternative vibe. With some gay bars, cafes, & shops.