From: Friday, August 2, 2024
To: Monday, August 5, 2024
Brighton Pride 2024 Pride by the Sea… in the UK – An August Affair.
Brighton Gay Pride is the UK’s No 1 Pride Festival taking place every August, rain or shine.
- Visiting for Brighton Pride? Book your hotel well in advance, it is one of the most popular gay events in the UK. Stay on the beachfront at Jurys Inn, a 4 star hotel with large rooms and great views.
Brighton Pride Parade
- Saturday – August 3rd, 2024 – The Pride LGBTQ+ Community Parade is one of the undisputed highlights of the Brighton & Hove Pride Festival weekend and is a glorious showcase of the city’s charities, community groups and small businesses as volunteers.
- Brighton Pride Parade is one of the biggest and brightest events in Brighton & Hove’s events calendar, with over 300,000 people pouring out onto the city’s streets to participate in and watch on as an all-singing, all-dancing carnival of colour wends its way from the Hove Lawns to the main Pride festival site.
The Parade Route
- The Parade starts from Hove Lawns. Take a picnic and watch all the parade participants lining up and adding the finishing touches to their floats ahead of the parade which kicks off at 11am.
- Tip, for a spectacular view, take a trip on the i360 pod and watch the parade from high!
- From the seafront the parade will turn up West Street and then continue on to Queens Road. Arrive early. It gets very busy at this junction. The parade continues down North Road. After North Road the parade will wind its way towards London Road before making its way to Preston Park.
Best Viewing Points to catch the parade
- Enjoy brunch or lunch as the parade passes by at The Salt Room with free flowing Prosecco. Alternatively head to Mojo coffee house on Queens Street for some tasty treats. Catch the fun on North Road in the cheerful Dorset Bar & Kitchen, or for even better views head to the corner of Kensington Gardens to the roof of the Trading Post.
- The Clock Tower is great spot to view the procession as participants walk, dance and sashay their way up the road.
- Early risers can head to Hove Lawns to catch the parade as it kicks off; stretching along the seafront it offers lots of space to see everything.
- Further along, things get a little crazier, so if you are in the mood to party, grab a space by St. Peter’s church.
- Finally, another great viewing space is along Preston Circus, right before the park as the parade finishes.
- Following a parade through the streets of Brighton on Saturday morning, the festivities continue on Preston Park with a huge festival event. Over 160,000 participants and spectators descend upon the St James Street area for the city’s biggest street party.
- For a real treat stay at The Grand Brighton, a Renaissance Style hotel with luxurious rooms and beautiful views of the seafront.
Brighton Pride in the Park
- Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th August 2024 – Fabuloso at Preston Park is the beating heart of every year’s event, hosting main stage artists as well as popular favourite attractions including Cabaret Tents, Queer Town, the BAME stage, dance tents and a host of new, diverse and immersive experiences.
- Stay close to the park at these apartments & hotels.
- Expect Queer theatre, spoken word, political speakers’ corner, pop and alternative cabaret, the Trans Fabuloso stage and Sundays community day featuring Queer artists and performers who span the 30 year period since Brighton & Hove Pride began.
The Pride Village Party
- Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th August 2024 – The Pride Village Street Party is a celebration of Brighton Pride in the heart of the UK’s most vibrant city. Promising two days of entertainment, this unique fundraising community event will see the seafront road Marine Parade closed to traffic creating a fabulous Pride village for Brighton Pride weekend.
- The Pride Village Party in Brighton’s famous Kemptown when business across St James St & Marine parade come together to celebrate Pride and raise extra funds for the Brighton Rainbow Fund and Pride Social Impact Fund.
- Entertainment zones, bars and venues, live performances and cabaret, DJs, drag artists, singers, performers, musicians come together for a unforgettable weekend of fundraising celebrations.
- Wristbands are also be available from the Pride Box Office Anyone wanting to attend the PVP will require a wristband. Individual venues within the PVP may also have a separate door charge.
Brighton Bar Events
- Arcobaleno – multi-faceted all-day LGBTQ+ café, bar, restaurant and event space, hosting all day pride events with contortionists, singers, burlesque performers, pole dances, drag queens and DJs.
- Ironworks Studios – celebrates pride with a series of parties and events including the popular “Party Bag” on Friday with drag queen royalty and surprise guests.
- Charles Street Tap – Popular gay bar and host of the DILF Brighton Party, the perfect event for bears, daddies, and their admirers.
- The Curzon – Home Of Cabaret, complete with a Theatre, Beer Gardens and In-House Cinema, hosting a weekend of Pride events with celebrity guests.
Some of the biggest circuit parties and club promoters host special events throughout the weekend.
- Saturday, August 3rd 2024 – Beyond Party – Brighton Pride Edition.
Where to stay during Brighton Pride
As you can see from the map the gay area is quite compact and on the seafront of Brighton. The following hotels are currently trending with our readers:
Gay Map of Brighton
Most of the Brighton gay bars and pubs are located in the city’s ‘Gay Quarter’ in Brighton’s Kemp Town – a compact strip of pubs and clubs just moments from the seafront.
Recommended Hotels in Brighton By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Brighton that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Leonardo Royal Hotel
4 Star, Luxury
- 4-star luxury, seafront location with pool and spa.
- Close to the gay district.
- Air-conditioned, flat-screen TV.
- Perfect for seaside relaxation, offering stunning sea views and convenient access to Brighton Pier and the Royal Pavilion.
The Grand Brighton
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4-star, Renaissance style on Brighton’s seafront.
- Close to the gay district.
- Egyptian cotton linen, bathrobes.
- Offers a blend of luxury and history, ideal for experiencing Brighton’s seafront elegance and cultural landmarks.
4 Star, Great Value
- 4-star, in fashionable Kemp Town, Regency garden square.
- Close to the gay district.
- Ocean views, exclusive bar.
- Combines style and comfort, perfect for enjoying Brighton’s vibrant atmosphere and seafront, with pampering options available.
4 Star, Location
- 4-star, near Brighton Beach and cultural attractions.
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars.
- Air-conditioned rooms.
- Ideal for extended stays, offering modern amenities, close to Brighton’s attractions and beach for a convenient experience.
Video of Brighton Pride
Featured highlights of Brighton Pride, including the parade plus upcoming parties and events.