From: Tuesday, March 5, 2024
To: Sunday, March 10, 2024
Lauderdale Tropical Bear Week 2024
Join the fittest, furriest bears for an unforgettable week of non-stop excitement at Wilton Manors, FL’s most spectacular LGBTQ event!
- Stay at the Courtyard Downtown FTL, host of the rooftop pool party and rated “Excellent” by guests with a stunning rooftop pool, spacious rooms and perfect location.
- Tuesday March 5th – Sunday March 10th – Bears everywhere head to Fort Lauderdale, Florida to catch some winter sun with an over-the-top, six-day celebration comprising more than a dozen events.
- The massive bear ‘gaythering’ takes place at venues in Wilton Manors, known as “the gayest place on Earth” and beautiful Fort Lauderdale Beach, with an signature beach parties, pool events and block parties.
- Stay at the Hayatt Centric Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale and you are close to all the downtown gay bars and clubs, plus the closing pool party.
- The Riverside hotel is also a great option, with a great gym and beautiful riverside views.
Tuesday March 5th – The Splashy Welcome
- The week kicks off with a splash at the VIP Welcome Pool Party at Solstice at Wilton. It’s a Tuesday afternoon, and the clock strikes 2 PM as the sun beats down on the shimmering waters of the pool. This exclusive gathering at 517 NE 23rd St. Wilton Manors, FL, is a VIP affair, but if you haven’t got your golden ticket, fear not—there are a la carte tickets available for the eager partygoers. Limited VIP Bar, the groove of music, and a guaranteed dose of wet fun await you.
- As twilight descends, head to the lively Pub On the Drive at 2283 Wilton Drive, Wilton Manors, FL. It’s 8 PM, and the streets are buzzing with anticipation. This one’s open to the public and absolutely FREE! Expect a fantastic show, catchy tunes, delectable food, and drinks to keep the night young.
- Looking to stay in Wilton Manors during the event? Check out Casa Hermes, a 5 star gay guest house or try The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa an adult only resort, clothing optional with a heated saltwater pool and full service spa.
Wednesday March 6th – Cruising in Style
- Ready to set sail on the high seas? It’s time for the VIP Bear Cruise at Jungle Queen, departing at 2:30 PM from 801 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale. This exclusive cruise experience is reserved for VIP Pass holders, but you can still join the adventure with a la carte tickets. You’ll cruise the picturesque Intercoastal Waterways to downtown Fort Lauderdale and Port Everglades, making memories to last a lifetime.
- As the sun dips below the horizon, head back to the heart of the action for the Georgies Alibi Party at Georgie’s Alibi, 2266 Wilton Drive, Wilton Manors, FL. The party starts at 8 PM and goes on until 2 AM. It’s included in all passes and promises an unforgettable evening filled with shows, music, scrumptious food, and drinks that keep flowing.
Thursday March 7th – Reaching New Heights
- The sun is high, and it’s time to elevate your experience at the Rooftop Pool Party on The Easton Rooftop Pool at Courtyard Downtown FTL. Join the fun from 12 PM to 5 PM at 721 N. Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, FL. It’s included in all passes, or you can grab a la carte tickets. VIPs get to savor mouthwatering food, enjoy a limited open bar, and benefit from valet parking, all with a view that’s absolutely unbeatable.
- As the evening approaches, slip into your party harness and get ready for the Harness Party with DJ Chi Chi LaRue at Eagle Wilton Manors, 2209 Wilton Drive, Wilton Manors, FL. The fun starts at 9 PM and keeps going until 2 AM. This event is included in all passes, or you can secure a la carte tickets for an unforgettable night.
Friday March 8th – Fun in the Sun
- It’s time for some fun in the sun at the Beach Party on the Beach at Birch State Park. The sandy festivities begin at 12 PM and go on until 5 PM at 3109 E. Sunrise Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL. Expect sunshine, skimpy swim trunks, DJ beats, and a cash bar. VIP Pass holders will be treated to a mouthwatering lunch buffet by Smoke BBQ and a generous 3-hour open bar.
- As the day gives way to night, ignite the dance floor at the Ignite Dance Party at Scandals Saloon, 3073 NE 6th Ave, Wilton Manors, FL. From 9 PM to 3 AM, this event is included in all passes, or you can snag a la carte tickets for a night of unbridled dancing.
Saturday March 9th – A Bear Extravaganza
- Saturday is all about bears and festivities. Head to Bears In The Park at Richardson Park, 1937 Wilton Drive, Wilton Manors, FL, from 2 PM to 9 PM. It’s a festival filled with entertainment, vendors, mouthwatering food, and a cash bar. All passes grant entry, but you can also opt for a la carte tickets. VIP Pass holders will enjoy exclusive access to the VIP Bar and Lounge, along with two free drinks to keep the good times rolling.
- As night descends, take a stroll down the wild side at the Back Alley Dance Party at Eagle Wilton Manors, 2209 Wilton Drive, Wilton Manors, FL. The party kicks off at 9 PM and lasts until 3 AM. It’s included in all passes or available via a la carte tickets.
Sunday March 10th – Splashing Farewell
- It’s time to say farewell in style at the Splash Down Closing Pool Party at Ed Lugo Resort, 2404 NE 8th Avenue, Wilton Manors, FL. From 1 PM to 6 PM, make a splash with fellow revelers. The event is included in all passes, and a la carte tickets are up for grabs. VIP Pass holders will be treated to three free drinks, making it a memorable farewell.
- But the night is far from over! Keep the party going at the After Hours Adult Party at a Location To Be Announced, starting at 7 PM until the early hours. Stay tuned for the surprise venue and revel in a night of adult fun.
Where to stay during the Bears In Lauderdale Event
We have found hotels with good reviews that keep you close to all the action
Discover more of Fort Lauderdale:
Gay Map of Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale has gay establishments cater to a broad cross-section of the gay world, with a good selection of gay resorts at Fort Lauderdale Beach, two blocks off the ocean, but within easy walking distance of sand and surf. The gay beach is opposite Sebastian Street, just north of the Ritz-Carlton Hotel. The nearby gay district of Wilton Manors is where the nightlife is busiest.
Recommended Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Fort Lauderdale that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Pelican Grand 5 Star
Close to Wilton Manors
- 5 Star – Oceanfront Pool, Private Beach
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars
- Lazy river, oceanfront dining
- Features oceanfront pool, private beach, lazy river ride, & poolside cocktails for a luxurious stay.
4 Star – Beachfront
- 4 Star – Sea Views, & a Beachfront Bar
- Close to the gay district
- TV, room service available
- Offers beachfront location, sea views, on-site restaurant, & bar, close to Swimming Hall of Fame.
Sonesta 4 Star
- 4 Star – Opposite Fort Lauderdale Beach
- Close to the gay district
- WiFi, ocean or park view
- Located opposite the beach, features heated outdoor pool, on-site restaurant, & rooms with views.
The Grand Resort & Spa
3 Star, All Male Resort
- 3 Star – Gay All Male Resort and Relaxing Spa
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Flat-screen TV, safety box
- All male resort with spa services, hair studio, nail care, free WiFi, & private parking.
Video Wilton Manors Gay Guide
Follow the guys from Out Loud as they explore the best of Wilton Manors.