From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
RIOT Capital Pride Washington DC Opening Party 2024
RIOT is the annual opening party of Washington DC’s Capital Pride weekend, kick-starting a weekend of parties, parades and cultural events in June.
- Are you visiting Washington for this event? Stay in Dupont circle, close to the heart of gay D.C. and take a rideshare or taxi to the party venue. Consider the Canopy Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests with high-end amenities and delicious breakfast options.
- Washington DC’s pride opening party is one of the hottest tickets in town. The event has featured some of the top gay entertainers in the past and promises to return with even more superstars.
- Other acts include local, national, and world-famous queer performance artists and D.J.s.
- The event begins at 9 pm and runs until 3.30 am at Echostage. Riot is an official Capital Pride DC event.
- Stay at The Line Hotel, located in a neoclassical 20th century church, close to all the city’s gay attractions. Perfect for praying away your weekend sins!
The Lineup 2024
- The lineup for this event is typically quite spectacular. Expect over a dozen celebrity perofrmances, world famous drag stars and international guest DJs.
- Awaiting lineup for the 2024 edition.
- Echostage is a music venue located in Washington DC. Opened in 2012, the hybrid nightclub and concert hall has over 30,000 square feet of space and can host 3,000 guests. This Vast nightspot features bars, a dance floor and a smoking area.
- The Venue is in Northeast Washington, a 30-minute drive from the gay district of Dupont Circle.
Gay Washington DC
- Dupont Circle – One of the most traditional gay neighborhoods in the area, Dupont Circle is full of interesting shops, cafes, bookstores, bars, and restaurants all geared toward the LGBTQ community.
- Adams Morgan is another popular neighborhood, a multicultural neighborhood centered on the happening nightlife scene around 18th Street. The stretch buzzes with eclectic bars, music venues and international restaurants.
Recommended Hotels in DC
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Washington DC
The gay bars in Washington are a little spread out most are within walking distance from Dupont Circle and U Street Metro stations, so we have chosen Hotels close Dupont Circle Metro gay bars as they have high reviews on booking.com our hotel partner .
Recommended Hotels in Washington DC
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Washington DC that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
- 5 Star, Luxury, In-room Spa Services
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars
- Flat-screen TV, luxury amenities
- Boasts luxury rooms with spa services, yoga mats, a 24-hour front desk, and fitness center for a premium stay.
AKA White House
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4 Star, Central Location
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Marble baths, luxury linens
- Centrally located with fully-equipped kitchens, marble baths, luxury linens, 24-hour front desk, and exceptional service.
The Dupont Circle Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
- 4 Star, Near Metro Station
- Close to the gay district
- Large windows, marble bathrooms
- Offers elegantly furnished rooms with large windows, marble bathrooms, modern amenities, and proximity to Dupont Circle Metro.
4 Star, Location
- 4 Star, Vibrant Atmosphere
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars
- Flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi, modern decor
- Modern rooms with vibrant decor, a sleek bar, breakfast and dinner options, plus morning coffee and tea service.
Video Guide to Gay DC
A look at the best gay neighbourhoods in Washington DC
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Washington
Washington, D.C. has a thriving LGBTQ+ community that plays a significant role in the city’s cultural, social, and political life. D.C. hosts a variety of LGBTQ+ cultural events and festivals throughout the year. The Capital Pride Festival and Parade, typically held in June, is one of the city’s most significant gay celebrations, featuring a parade, concerts, and other festivities.
Dupont Circle | Close to the city centre
- Dupont Circle has long been considered the heart of D.C.’s LGBTQ+ community.
- It is home to numerous LGBTQ+-friendly bars, restaurants, and businesses.
- The Dupont Circle Fountain, located in the center of the neighborhood, is a popular gathering spot for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Many of the bars and clubs host special events during the annual Capital Pride Festival in late May.
Adjacent to Dupont Circle, Logan Circle has also become a popular LGBTQ+ neighborhood. It offers a mix of bars, restaurants, & cultural attractions.
U Street Corridor
The U Street Corridor is known for its historic ties to the LGBTQ+ community and its vibrant nightlife scene. With several LGBTQ+ bars and clubs.