From: Friday, February 9, 2024
To: Friday, February 9, 2024
Bigger Rio presents “The Carnival Edition” 2024
Bigger, the “Biggest” party in Sao Paulo comes to the Marvelous city for a unique edition.
- Book your hotel in Ipanema and take a taxi to the parties. Stay at the Hotel Arpoador, rated “Fabulous” by guests, offering stunning beach views, spacious rooms and delicious breakfasts.
- Next Edition – Friday 9th February – Rio Carnival Edition.
- Dance with the fittest boys from Brazil as BIGGER, Sao Paulo’s No 1 gay party, returns to Rio for a special Rio Carnival event.
- Bigger takes over The Home Rio, the biggest gay club in the city.
- Featuring world-class DJs, special live performances and international circuit DJs.
- The party kicks off at 11 pm with the hottest GoGo Dancers, amazing light and sound and an epic stage show.
- Celebrate in Rio like a Rockstar at the legendary Fasano Hotel, rated “Superb” by guests with luxurious rooms, excellent gym facilities, rooftop infinity pool and beachside location.
- November 2024 – Bigger hosts a very special Rio Pride event.
- The Home Rio – Located on Rua Sacadura Cabral, 135 is an epic nightclub (formerly The Week) with stunning sound and light.
- Featuring multiple bars, a large dancefloor, and indoor and outdoor areas, it is the leading nightclub in the city and hosts several gay theme nights and circuit events.
- Located in the Centro district, the club is a 25-minute ride from the beaches of Ipanema.
Recommended Hotels in Rio
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Rio
Most of Rips gay bars are located in Ipanema and Copacabana. Ipanema’s gayest nightspot is on the beach block of Rua Teixeira de Melo, next to Farme.
Along Copacabana beach there is a traditionally gay-friendly area known as Bolsa, near Lido. Hustlers are pretty much part of the scene, and you should keep a good hold on your wallet
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Rio de Janeiro
Gay Rio de Janeiro, a city that pulses with energy, celebrates diversity, and embraces the LGBTQ+ community with open arms. Nestled between lush mountains and stunning beaches, Rio de Janeiro is not only a tropical paradise but also a haven for those seeking a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere. From the iconic Copacabana and Ipanema beaches to the lively Lapa district, gay Rio de Janeiro offers a kaleidoscope of experiences.
Ipanema | The heart of Rio’s beauty
- Ipanema, a neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro that’s known for its LGBTQ+ friendly vibe and diverse community.
- Nestled alongside the iconic Ipanema Beach, this area has become a hub for LGBTQ+ travelers and locals alike.
- With its relaxed beach culture, a range of LGBTQ+-owned businesses where you can enjoy the sand and surf during the day and explore the local nightlife after dark.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Ipanema
The iconic beachfront of Copacabana has a variety of LGBTQ+-friendly establishments & a diverse crowd.
Leblon is known for its beautiful beach, high-end shops, restaurants, bars and the best hotels in Rio