Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Paris
Paris, the City of Love, flaunts its vibrant gay scene with panache and elegance. Nestled amidst the historic boulevards and charming bistros, the gay bars, clubs, and cafes offer a blend of classic French culture and Romance, no more so than in Le Marais, the city’s primary gay neighbourhood, while the popular 10th and 11th arrondissements are just a 10 to 15 minute walk away.
Le Marais | 3rd and 4th arrondissements
- The epicentre of Parisian LGBTQ+ life, Le Marais is brimming with trendy boutiques, gay bars, and chic eateries.
- Rue de la Verrerie and Rue des Archives are known for their gay bars and shops.
- Le Marais houses the historic Place des Vosges, the oldest planned square in Paris.
- The neighbourhood is abuzz during the annual Paris Pride, the heart of the post-parade celebrations.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Le Marais
Less touristy than Le Marais, the 11th is known for its eclectic hipster mix of bars and music venues.
Emerging hotspot for the LGBTQ+ community with a more laid-back feel; home to the scenic Canal Saint-Martin.