From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Paris Christmas Markets 2024
The City of Lights sparkles in the French Capital during Christmas as Paris celebrates the festive season in style.
- Are you visiting Paris for Christmas? Stay close to the Eiffel Tower Christmas Market, one of the most iconic markets in the city. The Derby Alma is rated “Fabulous” by guests just steps from the Champs-Élysées, our readers’ choice hotel.
- A tradition since the Middle Ages, the Paris Christmas Markets transform the city with sparkling lights, bright decorations and visits from Père Noël.
- Swiss-style wooden chalets bring the atmosphere of Alsace and Germany to the French Capital as locals sip on hot mulled wine, enjoy delicious marron chauds (roasted chestnuts) and savour everything from cheese and chocolate to sausages and candies.
- More than 20 different markets appear across the city, with pop-up one-day wonders and small neighbourhood speciality markets lasting just a few days.
- These picturesque markets open during the Advent season, spanning the four Sundays before Christmas, with many open through Christmas Eve and some until the Epiphany on January 6th.
The Magic of Christmas: La Magie de Noël at Tuileries Garden
- Awaiting dates – Our top choice out of Paris’s 20 or so markets.
- Located in Paris’s 1st Arrondissement, next to the Louvre, in Tuileries Garden, La Magie de Noël (“The Magic of Christmas”) stretches along the garden’s entire north edge from Rue des Pyramides to Place de la Concord.
- It is the city’s largest Market, attracting 13 million visitors and comes complete with a giant Ferris wheel, carnival rides, bumper cars and an ice skating rink.
- Enjoy drinks at the Champagne Igloo or keep warm with some hot mulled wine or traditional onion soup.
- The Market is famous for its speciality food products, artisan crafts and gifts from around the world.
- Our top tip? Take a ride on the Ferris wheel in the evening and enjoy views of the Eiffel Tower’s nightly light show (Every hour for 5 mins)
- Stay close to this Market at the iconic Nolinski Hotel, rated “Superb” by guests featuring spacious rooms and just steps from the city’s top attractions.
Paris Notre-Dame Christmas Market at Square Viviani
- Awaiting dates – Located across the Seine from Square Viviani at the edge of the Latin Quarter in the 5th Arrondissement.
- It is the most picturesque Paris Christmas Markets, with Notre Dame’s soaring mediaeval towers as a backdrop.
- Marché de Noel Notre Dame is an elegant market featuring high-quality arts and artisan crafts made in France and fancy gourmet foods.
- Discover the top hotels closest to the Market
Montmartre Christmas Market at Place des Abbesses (near Sacre Coeur)
- Awaiting dates – Located in the 18th Arrondissement next to Place des Abbesses Metro station in one of the most instagrammable parts of Paris, Montmartre.
- The Market is charming and petite, with a local neighbourhood vibe featuring just 30 chalets selling local designer gifts, warm spiced wine and a large decorated tree.
- Montmartre Christmas Market is famous for its traditional french dishes, including escargot, small plates of sauteed mushrooms, and raclette.
- Tip: Make your way to the Sacré-Coeur, just a few blocks away and enjoy sweeping city views.
- Enjoy a “Superb” stay at the Hôtel Monsieur Aristide. The beautifully decorated hotel is famous for its knowledgeable staff, delicious breakfasts and attention to detail.
Paris Christmas Market at Hôtel de Ville
- Awaiting dates – The most beautiful Market in all of Paris and closest to the bustling Paris gay scene.
- The Hôtel de Ville Market is famous for its stunning light show on the building’s neo-Renaissance facade featuring falling snowflakes dancing across a brilliant blue background.
- Explore an enchanted forest decorated with silver ornaments and sparkling white lights while sipping hot mulled wine and Nutella crepes.
- The Market features eight chalets, a carousel and, for the more adventurous, a “luge” for tubing and a vertical climbing wall.
- Located in the 4th Arrondissement, Hôtel de Ville is a charming 10-minute walk from the gay bars of Le Marais.
- Stay steps from the gay bars and clubs at the “Superb” rated Hôtel Le Presbytère offering beautiful city views in a charming location.
Saint-Germain-des-Prés Christmas Market
- Awaiting dates – Best Market for exclusive gifts and those with discerning tastes.
- Specialising in Luxury Items and delicious delicacies, the Market is next to the famous St-Germain-des-Prés Church in the 6th Arrondissement.
- Browse from over 40 chalets selling scented candles, glass Christmas ornaments and French-made leather-bound notebooks and bags.
- It is also one of the best markets for chocolates filled with liquor, candied chestnuts, smoked salmon, truffles and foie gras.
La Défense Marché de Noël
- Awaiting dates – One of the larger markets located along La Défense Esplanade, boasting more than 350 chalets in the glittering business district.
- The Market welcomes more than 1.5 million visitors annually and features many gifts, including high-quality jewellery and leather goods.
- Possibly one of the best markets for dining, the Market features authentic Alsace cuisine from various restaurants and international fare such as Spanish Paella.
- Tip: Don’t miss the wide selection of hand-crafted and unique nativity figures.
Eiffel Tower Christmas Market on Champs de Mars
- Awaiting dates – The most iconic of all Christmas Markets in Paris.
- Enjoy close-up views of the Eiffel Tower at the Eiffel Tower Christmas Market, with more than 30 chalets and gourmet food trucks.
- The Market is famous for serving regional specialities and gourmet food and is one of the most photo-worth markets in Paris.
- Discover the top places to stay close to the Eiffel Tower.
The Christmas Lights
- Every year at this time, the Christmas lights in Paris are a major attraction for tourists and Parisians.
- Christmas illuminations on the avenue des Champs-Elysées, on avenue Montaigne, in Place Vendôme, the Montmartre district and Bercy Village are some of our favourites.
- Stroll through the famous streets of Paris and take in the facades of Parisian department stores.
- Legendary department stores, including Printemps Haussmann, Galeries Lafayette, BHV MARAIS and Bon Marché Rive Gauche, are adorned with the most stunning festive decorations and window displays.
Recommended Hotels in Paris
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Paris
The gay district in Paris is located primarily in Le Marais, right in the heart of the city and featuring some of the finest museums and architecture in the French capital.
Recommended Hotels in Paris By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Paris that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Hôtel San Régis
5 Star, Luxury
- 5-star, 19th-century mansion, near Champs-Elysées.
- Close to the gay district.
- Spacious, rich fabrics, free WiFi.
- Opulent boutique experience, prime location for luxury shopping and Parisian charm.
Novotel Paris Les Halles
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4-star, heart of Paris, shopping districts.
- Close to the gay district.
- Flat-screen TV, air conditioning, non-smoking.
- Ideal for shopping and cultural exploration in Paris’ vibrant center.
4 Star, Great Value
- 4-star, lively Marais district, design hotel.
- Close to the gay district.
- Free Wi-Fi, minibar, satellite TV.
- Modern design and comfort in a lively area, perfect for a chic Parisian experience.
Hôtel Le Relais
4 Star, Location
- 4-star, pedestrian street, central Paris.
- Close to the gay district.
- Air-conditioned, antique-style décor.
- Intimate and charming, offering a unique stay in the heart of Paris.
Video Guide to Christmas in Paris
A tour of the best markets in the city
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Paris
Paris, the City of Love, flaunts its vibrant gay scene with panache and elegance. Nestled amidst the historic boulevards and charming bistros, the gay bars, clubs, and cafes offer a blend of classic French culture and Romance, no more so than in Le Marais, the city’s primary gay neighbourhood, while the popular 10th and 11th arrondissements are just a 10 to 15 minute walk away.
Le Marais | 3rd and 4th arrondissements
- The epicentre of Parisian LGBTQ+ life, Le Marais is brimming with trendy boutiques, gay bars, and chic eateries.
- Rue de la Verrerie and Rue des Archives are known for their gay bars and shops.
- Le Marais houses the historic Place des Vosges, the oldest planned square in Paris.
- The neighbourhood is abuzz during the annual Paris Pride, the heart of the post-parade celebrations.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Le Marais
Less touristy than Le Marais, the 11th is known for its eclectic hipster mix of bars and music venues.
Emerging hotspot for the LGBTQ+ community with a more laid-back feel; home to the scenic Canal Saint-Martin.