From: Monday, Aug 1st, 2022
To: Sunday, Aug 7th, 2022
Join thousands Sexy Swedes for Stockholm pride 2022
Stockholm pride is a colorful week long event which takes place during the height of Summer in August. Hotels in the old town fill up fast for one of the biggest events in the city attracting both straight and gay visitors.
The main parade takes over the entire city attracting everyone from the prime minister to sports teams, families, activist groups and lots of incredibly attractive Swedes.
Stockholm Pride Parade
- The Final Saturday of the Parade. The Parade starts from Mariatorget, passing Slussen continuing on via Skeppsbron – Kungsträdgårdsgatan – Hamngatan – Sergels torg – Sveavägen – Kungsgatan – Stureplan – Sturegatan, and finishes at Östermalms IP.
- Over 60 000 individuals take part in the 4.5km parade with a large number of carriages and decorated vehicles filled with hot gogos, amazing drag queens and queers of all persuasions.
- The parade gathers an audience of approximately 600 000 supportive spectators, with many making it an all-day event arriving hours in advance with their picnic baskets, to get the best “seats”.
Stockholm Pride Park
- The Final Thursday to Sunday – The Pride Park takes place in the heart of Stockholm at Östermalms. It is an oasis in the city, the meeting place in the middle of all the pride activities. The park mixes clowns with opera singers, upcoming stars next to world famous artists.
- Pride Park is the place where you meet new and old friends, hang out, watch art, listen to writers and artists. The nights are filled with sparkling colour and sound, and you will never want to leave.
- The Scandinavians are always on the cutting edge of gay rights and acceptance for all. With this in mind they have created the “Kinky Quarters”: a specific area with BDSM, fetishism, and other subcultures that common people call kinky. It is be a meeting place for both the initiated, and the curious, to talk, shop, and get to know more about everything associated with kinkster life.
The Scandinavian City on the Water, Stockholm surprises visitors with its many charming and clean waterways, slick design, and gay-friendly locals.
Stockholm has no gay enclave as such, but gay and gay-friendly establishments are scattered throughout the city and rainbow flags fly high in many of Stockholm’s central districts.
Stockholm’s most popular gay party nights include:
- SLM – the fetish club Scandinavian Leather Men for men only. Wollmar Yxkullsgatan 18, Södermalm
- Patricia – Don’t miss the legendary Gay Sunday Nights on old steamer Patricia at Söder Mälarstrand. Stunning view from the sun deck. Söder Mälarstrand, Kajplats 19
- Club Backdoor – Three bars, awesome sound system, and three dance floors that play House, Techno, 90’s pop, and all great party music in between! Arenavägen 75, Tolv
- Guldrummet Sthlm – Monthly club at the renowned Berns Salonger. Glitzy, fun, and with a great dancefloor. Näckströmsgatan 8, City
Where to say during Stockholm Pride
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Stockholm
Being gay is such a non-issue in Sweden that Stockholm doesn’t really have a “gay area” — the gay clubs are everywhere, and gay restaurants and coffee shops are dispersed throughout downtown, old town, and even the suburbs.
Recommended Apartments in Stockholm
1 & 2 Bedrooms
All units comprise a seating area with a sofa, a dining area, and a fully equipped kitchen with various cooking facilities, including a dishwasher, an oven, a microwave and a toaster. A fridge and stovetop are also provided, as well as a coffee machine.
Studio & 4 Bedrooms
Set in a 1650s era building, Guldgränd’s apartments feature high ceilings, stucco details and traditional tiled stoves. Each includes cable TV, dining table and modern bathroom with shower. feature free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and kitchenettes
A seating area, tiled stove and flat-screen TV are featured in the brightly decorated apartments at ApartDirect Gamla Stan. Kitchen facilities include a stove, fridge and a dining area. apartments includes free Wi-Fi access and a fully equipped kitchen.
Gamla Stan II
1, 2 & 3 Bedrooms
ApartDirect Gamla Stan II offers a living room with a TV and a seating area. The fully-equipped kitchen includes both a microwave and an oven. The bright and modern bathroom comes with a shower. The rooms feature city views. Free WiFi access is available.
Video Of Stockholm Pride
Parade 2019 Aerial Film
Recommended Hotels in Stockholm
We have selected some of the best rated hotels in the centre of the city, close to the town hall and the main pride village.
Nobis Hotel, 5 Star
Nobis Hotel is housed in 2 stylish 19th-century buildings on Norrmalmstorg Square, in the middle of Stockholm’s main shopping district. It offers luxurious rooms with free WiFi access.
Nordic Light Hotel
4 Star, Designer Hotel
All rooms at Nordic Light Hotel have a laptop-sized safe and satellite TV. The luxury beds are by Swedish brand, Anders Hilding. Bathrooms include quality toiletries from Björk & Berries.
4 Star, Luxury
Berns Hotel is a stylish boutique hotel situated next to Nybrokajen Harbour in central Stockholm. Berns’ iconic building offers a historic dining hall, The hotel has 82 unique rooms & suites
Radisson Blu Royal Viking
4 Star, Great Gym
This hotel is situated beside Central Station, 8 minutes’ walk from Stockholm Town Hall. Guests enjoy free entrance to the gym, pool, hot tub and sauna, all rooms have luxury beds