From: Thursday, Jun 17th, 2021
To: Sunday, Jun 20th, 2021
Rhode Island Pride Fest & Parade 2021
Rhode Island’s Pride celebration just gets bigger and better each year and is one of the most unique pride events in the USA complete with an illuminated night parade.
Rhode Island’s first Pride was held in 1976 with fewer than 100 participants. This year’s PrideFest will attract more than 50,000 people during the day and 70,000 people for the Illuminated Night Parade. Events are held in the capital Providence, which has been a popular gay destination for decades.
Pride events, parties and activities take place in the days and weeks leading up to the main parade which is held on the Saturday of the pride weekend. Events begin early in June with the Flag rising ceremony in Providence City Hall. The Pride week’s activities typically kick off with a VIP party at the rooftop of the Graduate Providence Hotel. The hotel also hosts a very poplar Drag Brunch on Pride Sunday.
- On Friday and Saturday, the Beach Ball Block party takes place in Dark Lady/Alley Cat featuring the biggest names in Drag, live performers, DJs and dancers from early evening until late late the next morning. Get ready to party.
- Other block party events include the Providence Eagle Pride under the Stars weekend culminating in a T Dance on Sunday from 3pm. The Stable also host their own block party event with a special T Dance on Sunday from 12pm to 8pm.
- Ego, an Energetic gay bar featuring a dance floor, DJs & a stage, hosts several after parties with some of the leading international guest DJS and one of the sexiest Sunday parties featuring Lube Wrestling and the Xpose dancers.
- PrideFest is Saturday from 12PM to 7PM along South Water Street in Providence. PrideFest is a family-friendly event and according to Rhode Island Pride, the daytime celebration is for all ages and the nighttime portion is PG-13.PrideFest is dog-friendly. Stay close to this area at the Renaissance Providence with great views and perfect downtown location.
- Access to PrideFest is via the South Entrance by Wickenden Street or the North Entrance at the start of Memorial Blvd and South Water Street. This year’s marketplace will feature more than 200 vendors, food trucks, a wine, beer and spirits garden and live shows.
- The Illuminated Night Parade through Downtown Providence is Saturday and starts at 8PM. The main reviewing area is at the Providence Performing Arts Center under the marquee. Empire Street is a great place for a seat to watch the parade. We recommend watching the Parade from Stable, Dark Lady/Alley Cat, and in front of EGO Providence by PPAC.
- The parade features a dazzling display of brightly lit floats, performing artists, marching groups and tens of thousands of spectators. The energy in the city is truly electric.
Just an hour south of Boston, Rhode Island’s relatively small capital still has a significant LGBTQ population—largely hailing from Brown University, Johnson & Wales University, and Providence College—which has lent itself to a pretty robust gay nightlife scene. Rhode Island’s compact capital has everything from stripper bars to drag clubs and raucous bathhouses to pounding discos, meaning there’s something for everyone
Nightlife is mostly concentrated in the downtown area close to the city’s best hotels. Richmond Street, the heart of the club zone. Providence’s bar scene is hip and lively enough to rival Brooklyn’s. Most places are gay-friendly, but several cater specifically to the LGBTQ community.
Last call in Massachusetts is early compared to other states. You won’t be served alcohol past 1 a.m., but the bigger clubs (like Dark Lady and EGO) remain open until 3 a.m. on weekends.
Popular gay venues include:
- Providence Eagle – unassuming and busy gay bar is marked with a huge painted eagle. Craft cocktails and lively leather events are also part of the experience.
- Mirabar – Casual gay bar is a dance club that features karaoke, DJs, and live drag shows. A favorite gay hangout for dancing, cruising, and enjoying a variety of theme nights.
- EGO Providence – Energetic gay bar has a vibrant dance floor, DJs, stage, and regular lineup of events. Star Search Thursdays are EGO’s weekly drag show, where queens are crowned based on the audience’s roar.
- The Stable – Friendly downtown gay bar is perfect for happy hour, pre-dance-club socializing, late-night hobnobbing, and conversation
- Alley Cat – always busy, but that’s what makes this cozy little bar so fun.
- Dark Lady – located in the center of downtown and one of the top dance clubs for gay men in the entire region.
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action,
Gay Map of PROVIDENCE
Recommended Apartments in Providence
Global Luxury Suites
Studio, 1 & 2 Bedrooms
The units come with parquet floors and feature a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, a dining area, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, and a private bathroom with shower and a hairdryer. A microwave, a fridge and oven are also offered, as well as a coffee machine.
Apartment by Michie
Apartment by Michie House features accommodation located in Providence. Offering complimentary parking This apartment will provide guests with 2 bedroom, a flat-screen TV and air conditioning. The accommodation is equipped with a kitchen.
The air-conditioned apartment has 2 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 1 bathroom with a shower. Fishing can be enjoyed nearby. Free WiFi is available in all areas
Federal Hill Gem
2 & 4 Bedrooms
Accommodation is fitted with air conditioning, a fully equipped kitchen with a dining area, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries. A dishwasher, kettle, a coffee machine, a microwave and fridge
Video Of Rhode Island Pride Fest & Parade
PrideFest 2019-Live Your Truth
Recommended Hotels in Providence
4 Star – Central Location
The bright, modern rooms at Hotel Providence provide classic novels and works of art. An iPod docking station, spacious desk and safety deposit box are also included. The luxury hotel features free Wi-Fi in every room
4 Star, Luxury
Every room features a 40″ flat-screen TV with cable channels. All rooms include a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. Poindexter Coffee serves breakfast and light fare
Hampton Inn & Suites
3 Star – Great Amenities
& Suites features guestrooms with free high-speed internet access and in-room coffeemakers. After a restful night’s sleep in the Cloud Nine , hotel offers a fitness centre
3 Star – Perfect Location
The units come with air conditioning, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a dishwasher, a coffee machine, a bath or shower, a hairdryer and a desk. Guest rooms will provide guests with a microwave.