From: Friday, November 24, 2023
To: Sunday, December 24, 2023
The City of Lights sparkles in the French Capital during Christmas as Paris celebrates the festive season in style.
- Are you visiting Paris for Christmas? Stay close to the Eiffel Tower Christmas Market, one of the most iconic markets in the city. The Derby Alma is rated “Fabulous” by guests just steps from the Champs-Élysées, our readers’ choice hotel.
- A tradition since the Middle Ages, the Paris Christmas Markets transform the city with sparkling lights, bright decorations and visits from Père Noël.
- Swiss-style wooden chalets bring the atmosphere of Alsace and Germany to the French Capital as locals sip on hot mulled wine, enjoy delicious marron chauds (roasted chestnuts) and savour everything from cheese and chocolate to sausages and candies.
- More than 20 different markets appear across the city, with pop-up one-day wonders and small neighbourhood speciality markets lasting just a few days.
- These picturesque markets open during the Advent season, spanning the four Sundays before Christmas, with many open through Christmas Eve and some until the Epiphany on January 6th.
The Magic of Christmas: La Magie de Noël at Tuileries Garden
- Our top choice out of Paris’s 20 or so markets.
- Located in Paris’s 1st Arrondissement, next to the Louvre, in Tuileries Garden, La Magie de Noël (“The Magic of Christmas”) stretches along the garden’s entire north edge from Rue des Pyramides to Place de la Concord.
- It is the city’s largest Market, attracting 13 million visitors and comes complete with a giant Ferris wheel, carnival rides, bumper cars and an ice skating rink.
- Enjoy drinks at the Champagne Igloo or keep warm with some hot mulled wine or traditional onion soup.
- The Market is famous for its speciality food products, artisan crafts and gifts from around the world.
- Our top tip? Take a ride on the Ferris wheel in the evening and enjoy views of the Eiffel Tower’s nightly light show (Every hour for 5 mins)
- Stay close to this Market at the iconic Nolinski Hotel, rated “Superb” by guests featuring spacious rooms and just steps from the city’s top attractions.
Paris Notre-Dame Christmas Market at Square Viviani
- Located across the Seine from Square Viviani at the edge of the Latin Quarter in the 5th Arrondissement.
- It is the most picturesque Paris Christmas Markets, with Notre Dame’s soaring mediaeval towers as a backdrop.
- Marché de Noel Notre Dame is an elegant market featuring high-quality arts and artisan crafts made in France and fancy gourmet foods.
- Discover the top hotels closest to the Market
Montmartre Christmas Market at Place des Abbesses (near Sacre Coeur)
- Located in the 18th Arrondissement next to Place des Abbesses Metro station in one of the most instagrammable parts of Paris, Montmartre.
- The Market is charming and petite, with a local neighbourhood vibe featuring just 30 chalets selling local designer gifts, warm spiced wine and a large decorated tree.
- Montmartre Christmas Market is famous for its traditional french dishes, including escargot, small plates of sauteed mushrooms, and raclette.
- Tip: Make your way to the Sacré-Coeur, just a few blocks away and enjoy sweeping city views.
- Enjoy a “Superb” stay at the Hôtel Monsieur Aristide. The beautifully decorated hotel is famous for its knowledgeable staff, delicious breakfasts and attention to detail.
Paris Christmas Market at Hôtel de Ville
- The most beautiful Market in all of Paris and closest to the bustling Paris gay scene.
- The Hôtel de Ville Market is famous for its stunning light show on the building’s neo-Renaissance facade featuring falling snowflakes dancing across a brilliant blue background.
- Explore an enchanted forest decorated with silver ornaments and sparkling white lights while sipping hot mulled wine and Nutella crepes.
- The Market features eight chalets, a carousel and, for the more adventurous, a “luge” for tubing and a vertical climbing wall.
- Located in the 4th Arrondissement, Hôtel de Ville is a charming 10-minute walk from the gay bars of Le Marais.
- Stay steps from the gay bars and clubs at the “Superb” rated Hôtel Le Presbytère offering beautiful city views in a charming location.
Saint-Germain-des-Prés Christmas Market
- Best Market for exclusive gifts and those with discerning tastes.
- Specialising in Luxury Items and delicious delicacies, the Market is next to the famous St-Germain-des-Prés Church in the 6th Arrondissement.
- Browse from over 40 chalets selling scented candles, glass Christmas ornaments and French-made leather-bound notebooks and bags.
- It is also one of the best markets for chocolates filled with liquor, candied chestnuts, smoked salmon, truffles and foie gras.
La Défense Marché de Noël
- One of the larger markets located along La Défense Esplanade, boasting more than 350 chalets in the glittering business district.
- The Market welcomes more than 1.5 million visitors annually and features many gifts, including high-quality jewellery and leather goods.
- Possibly one of the best markets for dining, the Market features authentic Alsace cuisine from various restaurants and international fare such as Spanish Paella.
- Tip: Don’t miss the wide selection of hand-crafted and unique nativity figures.
Eiffel Tower Christmas Market on Champs de Mars
- The most iconic of all Christmas Markets in Paris.
- Enjoy close-up views of the Eiffel Tower at the Eiffel Tower Christmas Market, with more than 30 chalets and gourmet food trucks.
- The Market is famous for serving regional specialities and gourmet food and is one of the most photo-worth markets in Paris.
- Discover the top places to stay close to the Eiffel Tower.
The Christmas Lights
- Every year at this time, the Christmas lights in Paris are a major attraction for tourists and Parisians.
- Christmas illuminations on the avenue des Champs-Elysées, on avenue Montaigne, in Place Vendôme, the Montmartre district and Bercy Village are some of our favourites.
- Stroll through the famous streets of Paris and take in the facades of Parisian department stores.
- Legendary department stores, including Printemps Haussmann, Galeries Lafayette, BHV MARAIS and Bon Marché Rive Gauche, are adorned with the most stunning festive decorations and window displays.
The main gay area of Paris is called the Marais and is where you will find most of the gay bars and clubs, it is also where most of the pride will be happening,
Recommended Hotels in Paris
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Ritz Paris, L’Empire Paris, Hôtel Le Relais des Halles, Hotel du Petit Moulin
Where to stay close to all the gay bars
Our top 4 selections with the best rates.
The Hotel Duo is our preferred hotel when
staying in Le Marais gay district in Paris.
For further information and advice on
Paris Christmas Markets The Website
The gay district in Paris is located primarily in Le Marais, right in the heart of the city and featuring some of the finest museums and architecture in the French capital.
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Paris that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Housed in a 19th-century private mansion, this boutique hotel is a 3-minute walk from the Champs-Elysées and Grand Palais, as well as 200 m from the River Seine and the Montaigne Avenue. It offers free WiFi, spacious and individually decorated rooms with rich fabrics and a restaurant with a glass-roof. A welcome tray with mineral water, coffee and tea is provided.
The Novotel Paris Les Halles is situated in the heart of Paris. From this hotel, you can go shopping in the nearby districts of Rue de Rivoli, Boulevard Haussmann or Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honore. Guest rooms are spacious and equipped with private bathrooms, flat-screen TV with satellite channels, internet connection and air conditioning. Rooms are non-smoking
Set in the lively Marais district in central Paris, this design hotel features a sauna and fitness room. It offers air-conditioned guest rooms with free Wi-Fi access and a minibar. Satellite TV and a telephone are standard in each contemporary guest room. Some of the stylish rooms feature a seating area and a private courtyard.
Located in a pedestrian street in the centre of Paris, Hôtel Le Relais des Halles Paris is 500 m from the Georges Pompidou Museum. It offers individually decorated rooms with free Wi-Fi access and an antique-style décor. The air-conditioned rooms and suites feature a wardrobe and a private bathroom with a shower, free toiletries and a hairdryer.
A tour of the best markets in the city
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Expedia
We have chosen hotels in Paris that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Along with a 24-hour fitness center, this smoke-free residence has a 24-hour business center and self parking. Other amenities include a business center, dry cleaning, and laundry facilities. All rooms are soundproofed and offer free WiFi and hair dryers. Guests will find kitchenettes with refrigerators, stovetops, microwaves, and dishwashers. Housekeeping is available on request.
Along with a fitness center, this smoke-free hotel has a bar/lounge and a sauna. Other amenities include a 24-hour business center, coffee/tea in a common area, and spa services. All 29 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and minibars. For a bit of entertainment, flat-screen TVs come with satellite channels, and thoughtful touches like espresso makers and bathrobes.
Along with a full-service spa, this residence has a restaurant and a 24-hour health club. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, a bar/lounge, a sauna, and a rooftop terrace are onsite. All 265 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and room service. Guests can enjoy deep soaking tubs, and other standard amenities include refrigerators, stovetops, and plasma TVs.
This smoke-free hotel features a bar/lounge, dry cleaning, and laundry facilities. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, a 24-hour front desk, a computer station, and a library are onsite. All 39 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and minibars. Guests will also find flat-screen TVs, hair dryers, and safes. Change of towels is available on request.