From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Weird City Pageant – Austin Pride Party 2024
Celebrate with the fiercest queens in Austin on Sunday at Oil Can Harrys.
- The Moxy Hotel Austin is great for those looking for a hip place to stay complete with a vibrant cocktail bar and 24-hour taco counter.
- Awaiting party theme and lineup for the next edition.
- Oil Can Harry’s presents a series of parties and unique events on the Sunday evening of the Austin pride weekend festivities.
- Their previous event was an epic pride pageant with famous Drag acts and guest DJs.
- Each year the party changes, along with the theme and the stars.
- Oil Can Harry’s – Austin’s oldest and friendliest gay entertainment venue. The place to be. Come party with us!
- Austin Pride takes place in August and is one of the busiest times of the year in the city. The event includes the legendary block parties, a unique night parade and several circuit events and pool parties.
- We recommend you stay in the downtown district, close to all the gay bars and clubs.
Where to Stay?
Most of Austin’s gay bars are located in Downtown within easy walking distance of one another. The following hotels are currently trending with our readers. All are close to the city’s pride celebrations:
Gay Map of Austin
The gay clubs in Austin are largely centered around the 4th street gay district and don’t get going until around midnight. Most of the city’s gay bars are within walking distance not only of each other but of dozens of other cool mainstream bars and clubs downtown, mostly in the hip Warehouse District that’s between the Texas Capitol building and the Colorado River. The gay scene in Austin is well integrated with the town so people mix and you’ll often spot gay folks hanging out at the music clubs, trendy lounges, coffeehouses, and restaurant bars that everyone else in town likes.
Also, Austin is home to a very popular and scenic gay sunbathing area, Hippie Hollow Park, a county-operated, clothing-optional park that’s about a 30-minute drive northwest of downtown, on the rocky but scenic shore of Lake Travis.
Recommended Hotels in Austin By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in the old town of Austin that keep you close to all the shops and restaurants
Fairmont Austin Gold
5 Star, Great Pool
The Fairmont Austin Gold Experience offers 5-star accommodation in Austin, TX. Ideally situated in the Downtown Austin district, this 37-story luxury hotel offers extravagant dining options, a relaxing spa and state-of-the art meeting facilities.
4 Star – Central
Hyatt Place Austin Downtown offers air-conditioned accommodation & features a bar called Coffee to Cocktails that serves light appetizers. The property has a swimming pool and a fitness centre. A number of activities are offered in the area, such as cycling and hiking.
The LINE Austin
4 Star, Nice Pool
The LINE Austin features free bikes and outdoor swimming pool in the heart of Austin. Featuring a bar, In-room amenities include complimentary WiFi, floor-to-ceiling windows with lake and city views, and a fully stacked minibar. A private bathroom with complimentary toiletries.
4 Star, Location
Guest rooms at the hotel come with air conditioning, a seating area, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a safety deposit box and a private bathroom with a bath or shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries. At Austin Marriott Downtown each room has bed linen & towels