From: Friday, October 6, 2023
To: Monday, October 9, 2023
Manchester Leather Weekend 2023
Social group, “Manchester Leathermen” presents the Manchester Leather Weekend every year, in early October.
- Stay close to all the events at the Leven Manchester, rated “Exceptional” by guests with modern decor, a bustling hotel bar and perfect location.
The Leather Weekend
- Manchester Leather Weekend features a range of activities, parties and formal dinners, as well as popular workshops, run in association with the Manchester LGBT Foundation.
- Awaiting schedule for 2023. Typical events run as follows:
- Friday evening – Registration opens at the Thompson’s Arms. Enjoy a welcome drink and meet new friends.
- Saturday – Visit the Townhouse Hotel for the President’s Dinner and the post party, ALERT!
- Sunday – Manchester Leather Weekend hosts a brunch and gin tasting. If you’re still standing, the closing event is at Sub101.
- Other events include social drinks, art auctions and even some leather bingo!
Leather and Cruising Venues in Manchester
- Company Bar – Popular with fans of leather and muscle, Company Bar is a men-only establishment tucked away in a basement. It can be found under fellow gay venue, The Molly House on Richmond Street. The music might cover all extremes, but you can expect a relaxed atmosphere, large crowd and a happy hour that seems to go on forever.
- Cruz 101 – Huge members’ club in Princess Street pumping out house, disco and pop music during the week, and could be considered a pretty generic gay club. However, it does occasionally lay on some big fetish events at the weekend especially in its basement club Sub101.
- The Eagle – If it’s a masculine nightspot you’re after, this men-only bar could be right up your alley. Again located in the Gay Village, The Eagle is modern and discrete, and throws some of Manchester’s best fetish events. It’s known for being a ‘no nonsense venue for men who like men’.
- Basement – Spacious complex of low-lit showers, saunas, steam room, Jacuzzi and spa pools that’s open 24/7. There are also private cabins, massage rooms, a lounge / café, a cruising area and glory holes.
- Alert! Billed as Manchester’s premier gay fetish night and taking over Sub101. Alert! is a monthly event for ‘those who prefer their clubbing with a bit more sleaze’.
Where to Stay?
Hotels in the gay district tend to fill up fast. Check out these deals on the top hotels close to Canal Street.
The following hotels have some of the highest ratings and are recommended by our editors and readers:
Gay Map of Manchester
Recommended Hotels in Manchester By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Manchester that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Located in the centre of Manchester, Hotel Gotham is a 3-minute walk from Manchester Arndale Shopping Centre. It offers a rooftop terrace and free WiFi. Serviced by a lift, all rooms and suites are air-conditioned and feature a telephone, a flat-screen TV, coffee and tea facilities. The bathroom offers free toiletries, slippers and a bath or shower & bathrobes
4 Star, Readers Choice
Boasting stunning rooms with contemporary décor, Velvet Hotel is on central Manchester’s vibrant Canal Street and a 5-minute walk from Piccadilly Rail Station. All rooms enjoy elegant furnishings and a flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi. The modern bathrooms are equipped with steam-free mirrors and luxury toiletries. A fully-stocked minibar and hospitality tray.
4 Star, Great Value
In the heart of the city, ABode Manchester is a splendid 19th-century building with free Wi-Fi access. Piccadilly Rail Station is 3 minutes’ walk away. ABode Manchester’s double-glazed rooms offer monsoon showers and luxury toiletries. Guests can also enjoy an LCD TV, and free internet.
3 Star, Location
Motel One Manchester-Piccadilly is located a 5-minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly train station, offering a central-city location, free WiFi and use of on-site bar One Lounge. The hotel offers rooms with an en-suite shower, flat-screen TV and a portable desk. The lounge and bar area serves a buffet breakfast.
Video Of Manchester Leather Weekend
Alert! at Manchester Leather Weekend 2016
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Manchester
Manchester has a rich and vibrant LGBTQ+ community and history. The city is known for being inclusive and welcoming to people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Canal Street | Close to the city centre
- Canal Street, often referred to as the Gay Village, is the epicenter of LGBTQ+ life in Manchester.
- It’s a pedestrianized street lined with bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops that cater specifically to the LGBTQ+ community.
- The area is known for its colorful decorations, rainbow flags, and a lively atmosphere.
- It’s not only a nightlife hub but also hosts various events, parades, and celebrations throughout the year, including Manchester Pride.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Manchester
Staying in the city center puts you close to many of Manchester’s attractions, shopping districts, restaurants, & nightlife.
This modern business & entertainment district offers upscale accommodations, trendy restaurants, & close to attractions.