From: Friday, September 27, 2024
To: Sunday, October 6, 2024
Welcome to the Curaçao Pride 2024
Curaçao Gay Pride is one of the most colorful events in the Caribbean and shines a light for gay people across the region.
- Stay at the Curaçao Marriott Beach Resort close to all of the pride celebrations, and right by the beach so you can relax in between street parties and parades.
- Next Edition – Friday 27th September – Sunday 6th October, 2024.
- If you always dreamed of partying on a Caribbean Island, sipping your cocktail under waving palm trees, enjoying the best DJ’s and dancing with the most beautiful boys and girls… this is your chance! with lots to do over this 10 day event.
- While events run for two weeks, the major parties are held over the final weekend from Thursday.
- Highlights of the Curaçao Pride include the Pride Walk (the pride parade), the Pride Happy Hours and the White Party.
- Curaçao is known for being one of the most the gay friendly islands in the Caribbean.
- Read our insider guide to Gay Curacao for tips on where to stay and play on the island.
The Pride Walk/Parade
- Typically the final Thursday of the celebrations – The parade departs at 7:00 PM sharp. It will be a vibrant celebration of love, diversity, and unity, where colorful floats, dazzling costumes, and joyful marchers come together to create an unforgettable display of pride and acceptance.
- Check out the top hotels close to the parade. Stay at The Dolphin Suites , offering stylish rooms and suites in Willemstad, within walking distance of the famous Sea Aquarium Beach and the Curacao Sea-Aquarium.
The Rainbow Park & Concert Event
- Taking place during Punda Rainbow Vibes, as the Pride Parade reaches its colorful destination, Wilhelminaplein, is transformed into a lively Rainbow Park.
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant ambiance, complete with a variety of vendors offering LGBTQ+ merchandise, mouthwatering cuisine, and delightful drinks.
- As the sun sets, the stage becomes the focal point for a show-stopping lineup of performances by dazzling drag queens, musicians, and other incredible talents.
- But it’s not just about the entertainment; it’s a platform for voices that matter. Listen to inspiring speeches from the Curacao Pride President and influential figures in our society as they champion the values of equality, inclusivity, and love.
- The following venues host theme parties and events throughout the Pride celebrations. Awaiting program for the 2024 edition:
- Gaze Bar & Lounge – The exclusive LGBTQ+ hotspot in Curacao. As the island’s sole gay bar. Open Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays for sensational drag shows, themed parties, karaoke and energetic dancing.
- MidTown Curaçao – Midtown is the Heartbeat of Pietermaai! Where gourmets and party peeps come together. Midtown will undoubtedly impress you with a beautiful view over the Waaigat and a fully equipped bar.
- Papagayo Beach Club – One of the trendiest hotspots on Curaçao with a sparkling infinity pool and an enticing white sandy shoreline. Typically hosts the Sunday Pool Party.
Recommended Hotels in Curacao
Curacao is quite a large island. The following hotels are close to the gay and gay-friendly bars and restaurants and the pride celebrations:
Gay Map of Curaçao
Curaçao does not have a gayborhood as you would encounter in other major cities around the world. As part of the “Live and let Live!” mentality there are plenty of places to go and activities to do that are LGBT welcoming.You will find that quite a large number of the LGBT community are working in hospitality and they tend to make sure that you have a great time!
Recommended Hotels in Curaçao By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Curaçao that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Curacao Avila Beach
4 Star, Luxury
- 4-star luxury, beachfront, spa.
- Close to the gay district.
- Luxurious, modern rooms.
- Ideal for relaxation and adventure, with beachfront access, spa services, and various activities, including scuba diving and dolphin swimming.
Renaissance Wind Creek
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4-star, private beach club, casino.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Elegant rooms with private balconies.
- Perfect for a luxurious escape, offering a private beach club, infinity pools, and a vibrant casino experience, all in a prime location.
Scuba Lodge & Suites
4 Star, Great Value
- 4-star, scuba diving, private beach.
- Close to the gay district.
- Modern units, sea views.
- An oceanfront haven for scuba enthusiasts, featuring diving lessons, private beach access, and comfortable apartments with sea views.
4 Star, Location
- 4-star, seafront location, garden.
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars.
- Cozy, stylish, sea-facing rooms.
- Combines comfort with stunning sea views, offering a tranquil garden and proximity to Willemstad’s historic center, ideal for exploring local culture.
Video Of Curaçao Pride
Curacao Pride 2015