From: Friday, July 12, 2024
To: Sunday, July 14, 2024
Mardi Gla – Glasgow Pride 2024
Gin tastings, drag events, a large parade, circuit parties and special events; Pride Glasgow is one of the most colorful pride celebrations in the UK attracting thousands of visitors each year.
- Visiting Glasgow for Pride? Stay close to all the gay bars and clubs in the Merchant City district. Stay at the Citizen M Glasgow, rated “Fabulous” by guests with spacious and beautifully decorated rooms, friendly staff and excellent location.
- Glasgow Pride is Scotland’s largest Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual and Transgender Pride Festival celebrating the diversity of the LGBT community taking place in Glasgow.
- The last edition attracted more than 50,000 visitors, a record number for the event.
- More than 22 different events and parties are celebrated in venues across the city.
The Main parade
- Saturday, 13th July 2024 – The march gathers at Glasgow Green at noon and heads to George Square from 1 pm.
- Stay close to the start of the pride activities at the Fraser Suites, featuring high-end amenities, well appointed rooms and great location.
The Pride Hub
- After the parade, make your way to the Pride Hub at Strath Union, a free-to -access safe space for all, offering entertainment, education, fun, food and drink.
Pride After Parties
All of the gay bars and clubs on Virginia Street host special parties and events throughout the weekend with most of the bigger parties taking place on the Friday and Saturday nights of the weekend. Parties to be confirmed:
- The Barrowlands Ballroom on 244 Gallowgate hosts a pride after party, with an all-star lineup of performances from drag acts, bands, samba drummers and choirs as well as stalls, face painting and family activities.
- Revolution on Mitchell Street hosts a Pride After Party with guest DJS and performances throughout the night.
- Other events include the AMXM Pride Party on Glassford Street.
- DILF Glasgow hosts a very special Pride edition of their popular pop-up event.
- The Glasgow LGBTQI+ scene is welcoming and vibrant, with pubs, clubs and cafes dotted around the revitalized Merchant City district. The majority of gay venues are on and around Virginia Street.
- With an alternative ambiance and crowd, Speakeasy hosts quirky events including trash pop night ‘The Trophy Room’, while there are also romantic private boots to book. The Riding Room entertains gay trendsetters with burlesque, magic and live sets, while Scotland’s oldest gay bar The Waterloo Bar is traditional and unpretentious. Attracting a mixed, lesbian and gay crowd, Katie’s Bar is a popular venue with DJs, drag and quizzes.
- Stay at the CitizenM Glasgow, located a short walk from the city’s LGBTQI+ district,a hip hotel that scores style points with iconic Vitra furniture in the lobby and Frette linen on the king size beds.
- Just a short walk from the gay scene, four-star Radisson Blu Hotel Glasgow is cool and contemporary. It is home to modern eatery Grahamston Kitchen & Bar, which offers delicious dishes made with locally sourced ingredients. Other facilities include a stylish bar, a 15-metre swimming pool, sauna and gym, and 247 rooms and suites in a choice of design styles.
Where to stay in Glasgow
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the pride celebrations:
Gay Map of Glasgow
Recommended Hotels in Glasgow By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Glasgow that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
4 Star, Apart Hotel
Found in an Edwardian building formerly home to the Anchor Line Shipping Company’s headquarters, this city centre aparthotel is inspired by a 1920s ocean liner. With original 1906 features, there are glazed tiles, terrazzo flooring, timber wall-panelling, fireplaces and even the original safes. With a 24-hour reception, concierge and on-site breakfast
4 Star, Readers Choice
Boasting a restaurant, fitness centre and views of city, situated in Glasgow, 800 m from The Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. The property is located 2 km from Scottish Event Campus Glasgow, 2.4 km from Sauchiehall Street and 2.5 km from Glasgow Cathedral. The property features a 24-hour front desk and free WiFi is available throughout the property.
voco Grand Central
4 Star, Great Value
Located at Glasgow Central Station, the award-winning voco Grand Central – Glasgow is an iconic hotel set within Glasgow’s shopping district. It boasts a fine restaurant, free WiFi. The historic building dates back to 1883. And has original features including the grand staircase and the magnificent Champagne Central Bar with its domed ceiling and marble floor.
Motel One Glasgow
3 Star, Location
Boasting an excellent location in Glasgow city centre, Motel One Glasgow is next to Central Train Station and is only a 9-minute walk from George Square and Queen Street Train Station. At the hotel, every room is fitted with a desk and a private bathroom with a shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries, a flat-screen TV and a safe.
Video Of previous Glasgow Pride events
Glasgow Pride 2017 (Official)