From: Saturday, July 20, 2024
To: Saturday, July 20, 2024
Geneva Pride Marche des Fiertes 2024
Note – Pride in Geneva moves around each year and returns to the Capital in 2025. The 2024 edition of Pride takes place in Martigny on July 20th, 2024. Martigny is a 1 hour 40 minute drive from Geneva.
Each year Geneva pride attracts more than 35,000 visitors to the streets of the city for a weekend of fun parties, debates, cultural events and a large parade.
- If you are visiting for Pride, we suggest you book well in advance as the city, while normally quite during weekends, fills up for this event. The old town is the perfect location to stay, close to the bars and clubs.
Pride in Geneva
- Geneva has a vibrant yet compact gay community and is home to some of the world’s top hotels and restaurants. The pride parade is one of the highlights of the gay Summer calendar.
- Many of the gay clubs in Geneva will host their own pride themed parties and events during the Pride weekend.
- Pride returns to Geneva in 2025 – Route and venue to be confirmed – on occasion, the parade takes place outside of the city.
- The Geneva parade typically departs from Palais Wilson at 2 pm, making its way through the city streets before arriving at Parc des Bastions, followed by the pride after party.
- Stay just steps from the parade at the Citizen M, rated “Fabulous” by guests with a perfect location, highly rated breakfast and modern decor.
The Gay Village
- Pride returns to Geneva in 2025 – Typically the Geneva Pride village hosts live shows and performances on a main stage along with bars, food trucks and family friendly zones. The ambition of Geneva Pride is to bring together the LGBTIQ + community, to make its issues visible, to put an end to hatred and to claim equal rights for all.
The gay scene in Geneva is friendly and easy to navigate. Bars are friendly and intimate and are dotted among streets around the main train station. A gay-friendly attitude is prominent through the whole city.
- Le Declic – It’s the oldest gay bar in Geneva, kitsch and fun!
- Le Phare – Alternative stylish gay lounge bar located in Central Zurich.
- La Garconniere – Gay dance club that features every-day drag cabaret shows from 11:30pm and 02:30pm.
- 360 Fever – Gay party night taking place at different venues and times throughout the year.
- Flywish – Circuit party held during big events and holiday weekends with epic production values and famous guest DJs.
- Stay in your very own apartment at The Hamlet a selection of serviced apartments and penthouses close to all the city’s major attractions.
Recommended Hotels in Geneva
During the height of the Summer, many locals head to Lausanne, home to the famous Bordello circuit parties.
With a lively selection of gay bars & dance clubs we have chosen hotel to keep you close to the action,
The Agora Swiss Night hotel is our choice when in Lausanne with great breakfasts and excellent rooms.
Gay Map of Geneva
Recommended Apartments in Geneva
Studio, 1 & 2 Bedrooms
Located in the heart of Geneva, Adagio Genève Mont-Blanc offers self-catering accommodation with elegant interiors and sleek bathrooms. The building is surrounded by boutiques, restaurants, gardens, and the shores of Lake Geneva. Each of the apartments is en suite, and has a cable TV, an intercom, a kitchen or kitchenette, and a private telephone line. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property, and guests can also make use of the hotel’s internet
Studio, 1 & 2 Bedrooms
Located in Geneva, The Hamlet provides city views and free WiFi. The accommodation comes with a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with shower and a hairdryer, while the kitchen features a dishwasher, a microwave and a fridge. An oven, a stovetop and toaster are also provided, as well as a kettle and a coffee machine. The apartment also provides a business centre and guests can use the fax machine and photocopier
1 & 2 Bedrooms
Swiss Luxury Apartments offers spacious apartments with high-tech devices in each apartment include a dedicated cell phone with free roaming, a Bose headphone and speaker, a wireless charger, a PS4 games console and a giant flat-screen TV offering more than 100 channels. You will also find a fully equipped kitchenette with a Nespresso machine, a wine fridge and a dining area. The open-plan living area offers comfortable sofas.
Offering free WiFi and city views, Fontaine is an accommodation situated right in the centre of Geneva, just 1.1 km from Jet d’Eau and 1.3 km from St. Pierre Cathedral. This apartment is 3.7 km from United Nations Geneva and 4.4 km from Stade de Genève. The apartment has 1 bedroom, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 1 bathroom with a shower.
Video Of Geneva Gay Pride parade
HIghlights of previous pride events.
Recommended Hotels in Geneva
5 Star – Central Location
Offering panoramic views of the lake and Mont Blanc, this luxurious, elegantly renovated 5-star hotel offers spacious, air-conditioned rooms feature an elegant furnishings and luxurious bathrooms, a flat-screen TV, an iPod docking station, Guests are welcomed with a drink, homemade chocolate, and fresh fruits. Services include 24-hour room service and twice daily maid service.
5 Star, Luxury
Completely renovated in 2017, the historic and prestigious The Ritz-Carlton Hotel de la Paix, Geneva is located in the heart of the city, on the shore of Lake Geneva. Geneva’s old town and the main city attractions. Decorated with luxurious fabrics, the spacious, elegant and comfortable rooms and suites are air-conditioned and feature a minibar, an Illy coffee machine, free Wi-Fi and Asprey toiletries.
4 Star – Great Amenities
In astreet in the heart of Geneva’s Bohemian quarter near the Grand Theatre, the Tiffany Hotel featuring a wellness area and a library, is only a short walk from Lake Geneva . Free Wi-Fi is available. Hotel Tiffany is decorated in an Art Nouveau style and offers rooms with individual air conditioning, double-glazed windows, and an interactive flat-screen TV. On request, tea and coffee making facilities are provided.
4 Star – Perfect Location
Ideally located in the city centre, just 250 m from Lake Geneva, citizenM Geneva offers air-conditioned rooms, a restaurant and a bar. Boasting a shared lounge, the hotel is close to several main attractions. At the hotel the rooms are equipped with a desk, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom. Guests at citizenM Geneva can enjoy a continental breakfast consisting of coffee and pastries served on a tray.