From: Sunday, February 18, 2024
To: Sunday, February 18, 2024
Gay8 Festival – Miami Street Festival 2024
Miami’s famed Little Havana neighbourhood hosts a LGBT Latino block party, Gay8 (pronounced GayOcho!) each year in mid February. This one day street festival showcases Latino LGBT art, music and food.
- Little Havana has some quirky apartments and rentals on offer, perfect for a complete escape from the Miami scene. Alternatively stay in South Beach and take the 15-minute ride share to the event.
Gay8 (“Ocho”) Festival is a platform, an opportunity to connect with parts of South Florida you never knew were there …. an amazing sticky mess of fun, diversity, history, culture, passion and South Florida realness meant to engage the community in ways no one knew were possible.
Where is the Miami Gay8 Festival taking place?
- The festival will stretch for three fun-packed, activity-filled blocks from SW14th to SW17th Avenues. The famed “Calle Ocho” becomes a pedestrian walkway so all can peruse the day long offerings.
- The party gets going at 11 a.m, as Calle Ocho — Eighth Street for the uninitiated — is closed to traffic for three blocks between 14th and 17th Avenues.
Miami Gay8 Events
- Gay8 features free movies at the Tower, a Doggie Village with a dog obstacle course, dance parties, the Best Miami Sandwich Competition, fashion shows, and many other acts and talent on 4 different stages.
- Other events around the festival will include a cigar lounge, historic walking tours, a mini-film festival, dance parties and more.
- Art will also be aplenty at Gay8 as some of South Florida’s best painters and sculptors will punctuate the festival with booths displaying distinguished, authentic Miami works of art. Walk over to Sala Furniture and have owner Roberto Ramos give you one of his docent like tours of Cuban art.
- Miami Dade College’s Tower Theater, a renovated jewel on Calle Ocho and 15th Avenue will showcase LGBTQ themed films -check out the schedule- all day long.
- Other highlights include the Macho Dance Party, with men from all over the world on Gay8 Festival’s MACHO stage beginning at 2pm to 8pm at Domino Park!
Little Havana and Gay Miami
- Little Havana is a 15 minute drive from South Beach, home to Miami’s gay nightlife and beaches.
- If you want to stay close to the event in Little Havana, the area is home to some superb apartments and alternative accommodation options. Check out the following places to stay close by
- Make sure you check out Azucar Night Club while you are in Little Havana, an authentic Latin drag club with great dancing and cabaret nights.
Trending hotels in South Beach
If you want to stay close to South Beach, the following hotels are popular with our readers, are close to all the major attractions and gay beaches and have a high rating:
Gay Map of Miami
The gay scene in Miami is centred around South Beach. The gay beach is located at 12th Street and Ocean Drive. It is not too difficult to find, with the rainbow flags marking the territory between two chair rental spots.
Recommended Hotels in Miami Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Miami that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
The Setai, Miami Beach
5 Star Chic & Stylish
Located directly on the beach in Miami’s famous Art Deco district, this resort offers yoga and tai-chi classes. Suites are furnished in Asian-style décor. Free WiFi and an iPod docking station are provided in every spacious suite at The Setai, Miami Beach. Rooms are equipped with espresso and coffee facilities along with a minibar.
The Marlin Hotel, 4 Star
Perfect Location & Views
The white sands of South Beach are steps away from this boutique hotel. Features include free high speed WiFi, rooms with a 55-inch flat screen TV, and a fully-stocked minibar. Blackout drapes, a spacious closet, and premium blankets and bedding come standard at The Marlin Hotel
South Beach, 4 Star
Designed in 1937, this restored hotel is located on famed Ocean Drive, directly across from the beach and 14 minutes’ walk from the shops, nightlife, and restaurants of Espanola Way. Free WiFi, a flat-screen TV, and minibar come standard in every Room Mate Waldorf Towers guest room
The Balfour Hotel
Relaxed 4 Star Hotel
The Balfour Hotel is located on Ocean Drive, home to many shopping, dining, and entertainment options. Guests will find concierge services and valet parking in this design hotel a stocked mini-bar in each of their modern rooms. A 40-inch flat-screen TV and free WiFi are also included.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Miami
Boasting a glittering tapestry of sun-kissed beaches, vibrant neighbourhoods, and non-stop nightlife, Miami has long been a radiant beacon for the LGBTQ+ community. The iconic gay-friendly South Beach, known for its lively LGBTQ+ scene and colourful Art Deco architecture, truly shines as a premier destination for gay travellers. The following neighbourhoods offer something for all visitors.
South Beach | Ocean Drive
- South Beach is one of the biggest gay hotspots in Miami. Famous for its glittering nightlife and beautiful beaches, it is the heart of Miami’s gay scene.
- A visit to South Beach is not complete without a stroll down Ocean Drive https://www.getyourguide.com/ocean-drive-l10757/, home to the iconic Art Deco Historic District with its beautifully restored 1930s architecture.
- The neighbourhood plays host to several gay events, including Miami Beach Pride, Thanksgiving and Winter Parties.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Miami.
20 mins from South Beach. Dynamic, creative trendy district with outdoor street murals & art scene.