From: Saturday, March 16, 2024
To: Saturday, March 23, 2024
Winter Pride Solden 2024
From Intimate Mountain Dinners to International Circuit Parties – Solden has it all! The event, formerly known as “Gay Snow Happening” returns this years as “Winter Pride Solden”, a fun-packed skiing and event week in one of Austria’s top winter sports resorts.
The Ski Week
Gay Snow Happening! Sees hundreds of guys from across Europe descend on Sölden for this fun-packed skiing and party week in one of Austria’s top winter sports resorts. Sölden’s rainbow week has become one of the undisputed highlights in Austria’s event calendar.
Solden is a popular skiing destination, so book your stay well in advance. The following hotels are recommended:
- Hotel Regina – 4 star hotel located close to the cable car and just 5 minutes walk to the centre
- Vaya Solden – Luxurious option with a stunning spa and panoramic views.
Getting to Solden
- Fly to Innsbruck airport for a trip to Sölden. It is the most convenient and just an hour away from the resort.
- Salzburg airport and Munich airport are both included as Salzburg is popular for holiday charter flights and Munich offers a wide range of long-haul scheduled arrivals. Both involve lengthy transfers from the airport
- Sölden boasts an incredible 150 km of immaculate slopes, skiers and snowboarders can conquer the ski area’s highest peaks.
- But there is also plenty of adventurous routes for beginners and slightly advanced skiers and snowboarders.
- Or you can just relax in the town with friends and do a bit of shopping, there is plenty to keep you occupied.
- Stay in the centre of town at the Liebe Sonne, a 4 star hotel with a ski school, ski rental, beautiful indoor pool and spacious rooms, rated “Superb” by guests.
The Parties & Activities
Every day is packed with parties, and while you might be wrapped up during the day, you can be sure to enjoy the warmth by night. Awaiting program for 2024 – use the following as a guide:
- Events typically kick off with a welcome party at Ötzis Stadl from 9 pm,
- On Sunday head to Drag Bingo in the Sölsch Brewery from 7 pm.
- Monday enjoy a live concert at Live Music bar.
- Enjoy fondue at „Weindilla“ (top floor of Hühnersteige) including unlimited drinks on Tuesday from 7pm.
- Go Night Tobogganing at Gaislachkogl middle station on Wednesday from 5.30 pm to 9.30 pm.
- Thursday Enjoy Sindy Sinful’s Drag and Dine – cabaret program presented by a special Host Drag including 3-course menu and a welcome glass of Prosecco at Freizeitarena Sölden Festsaal.
- Events end on Friday with the Closing Party at The Vue Skybar, a farewell theme night with drag queens and DJs.
The Ski Fun Race and March
- To be confirmed – A MUST-DO! – On Thursday join the Fun Race from 11 am Giggijoch. Strap on your skis and snowboard and off you go. Not only the fastest wins, but also the one who comes closest to the average time of Sindy Sinful and Miss LaThoya and of course the one with the coolest outfit. Finisher schnapps included!
- On Friday The Winter Pride March will leave at 1 pm. meet at base station 6SK Wasserkar (Gaislach), piste 3b and 3 in the direction of Gaislachkogl gondola base station – unpack your rainbow flags. End of the Pride March @ Innerwald.
- Enjoy casual fine dining at Liebelei located in the centre of Solden with a delicious menu and warm atmosphere.
- For a delicious snack head to Bubi’s Skihütte a hut restaurant with open fireplace, sun terrace, ice bar and winter garden.
- Best Steak in town at Wine & Dine, a stylish and elegant restaurant for a meal to remember.
- To get in the right mood for the evening enjoy pre-dinner drinks at Umbrella bar @ Hotel Liebe Sonne.
- On Monday enjoy a Luxury Lunch at Ice Q, the filming location of the James Bond movie “Spectre”, 3-course lunch menu at 3000 meters.
- Enjoy a culinarily highlight at Falcon on Wednesday, following on from the night Tobogganing, offering a gastronomic experience for all senses.
- For Ski Area dining enjoy quick, uncomplicated and delicious food at Sonnblick in Hochsölden (Sölden ski area) and Hohe Mut Alm in Gurgl.
Where to stay in Sölden
The following hotels were trending with our readers and most booked for the previous Gay Ski Week. All are close to the ski slopes and parties:
Gay Map of Sölden
One of Austria’s top winter sports resorts. Sölden’s rainbow week has become one of the undisputed highlights in Austria’s event calendar.
Recommended Hotels in Sölden By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Sölden that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
- 5-star, central Sölden, rooftop spa with pool.
- Close to the town.
- Balcony, minibar, satellite TV.
- Contemporary luxury with stunning spa, ideal for relaxation and exploration in the Alps.
Das Central Alpine
5 Star, Readers Choice
- 5-star, Ötztal Alps, award-winning restaurant.
- Close to the town.
- Refined interior, various styles.
- Exquisite alpine elegance, perfect for mountain scenery lovers and winter sports enthusiasts.
4 Star, Great Value
- 4-star, Höchsölden location, ski-in ski-out.
- Close to the town.
- Cable TV, seating area, bathroom.
- Ski slope adjacent, offering a serene and sporty retreat with luxurious spa facilities.
4 Star, Location
- 4-star, new in 2016, spa with panoramic views.
- Close to the town
- Balcony, mountain views, minibar.
- Modern and luxurious, perfect for enjoying breathtaking mountain scenery.
Video Solden Guide
An insider local guide to the best of Solden