From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Gay Pride Houston 2024
Houston is awash with rainbow flags and thousands of gay visitors in June as the annual pride parade and festival takes over the city’s streets.
- Are you visiting for Houston Pride? Stay close to the pride celebrations at the Hyatt Regency Houston, just a 5-minute walk from the pride parade, featuring spacious rooms, a modern gym and the famous Spindletop, the city’s first rotating dining room.
- Houston celebrates Pride all month long in June, with events culminating in a spectacular pride parade.
- The event also features several block parties, pool parties, drag shows and bar parties.
Houston Pride Parade
- Saturday – Awaiting dates – from 7 pm to 9.30 pm – The main parade takes place on the final Saturday of the event.
- Houston Pride Parade leaves at 2pm from Smith and Lamar.
- The parade continues down Smith St to Walker and turns right, continuing on Walker to Milam St & Jefferson.
- Festivities continue after the parade with the Houston Pride Festival.
- Stay close to the parade and after parties at The “Superb” rated Lancaster Hotel, featuring stylish rooms, the perfect location, highly-rated breakfasts and high-end amenities.
Houston Pride Festival & After Party
- Saturday – Awaiting dates – Festival from noon to 7pm near City Hall, at the intersection of McKinney St and Smith St. Celebrate with over 425,000 people.
- Enjoy a series of live shows featuring several RuPaul Drag race alumni, live performances and guest DJs.
DNVRMX Presents a Houston Pride Weekend
- Awaiting dates – DNVRMX produces Houston’s legendary Circuit Pride Festival with international DJs, Gogos and surprise performances.
- The event features five parties and nine international DJs in some of Houston’s most famous clubs and party venues including a spectacular pool party.
Ripcord Houston Block Party
- Awaiting Dates – One of the oldest gay bars in Texas hosts a fun and over 21’s, “not your family friendly” block party for hot guys who want to party.
- Since 1982, Ripcord has been a fixture of Houston’s LGBTQ+ bar scene and THE gay leather bar in Houston where the wild, the weird, and the kinky gather.
- Stay close to the block party and the city’s bustling gay bars at The Best Western Plus, rated “Fabulous” by guests, one of the few recommended hotels close to Montrose, with a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool, excellent breakfasts and a short walk to downtown Houston.
Eagle Houston Block Party
- Awaiting Dates – Celebrate Houston Pride at one of the city’s most iconic venues as the Eagle hosts a three day block party not to be missed.
- Leather-&-Levis gay bar with a well-worn vibe, a pool table & craft beer, plus an adult gift shop in Montrose.
- Houston pride attracts thousands of visitors, especially for the block party weekend and the pool parties. Stay in Galleria, Uptown home to a range of hotels close to Montrose’s best bars and clubs.
Pride Pool party
- Awaiting dates: The Houston Pool party, “Soaked” typically takes place on the weekend before the Pride Parade at El Segundo, a swim club featuring a full-service bar, craft cocktails and curated wine and champagne list.
The Ram Party
- Daddy Ersin and ReBar present RAM Party for Pride weekend. All types of gear are encouraged for this New York-style underground gear party, with guest DJs, sexy daddy gogos and the horniest guys in Houston. Various venues.
The Pride Bar Crawl
- Typically the Saturday before the Pride March – Spend your day bar hopping through Houston’s gayborhood as the Pride Bar Crawl takes over the streets.
- Check in is at Buddy’s from 4 pm to 6 pm, and the after-party goes down at ReBar from 10 pm to midnight.
- In between, you’ll find drink specials and bashes at some of the area’s hottest bars and clubs.
Popular Gay Bars in Houston
- Papi’s Houston Nightclub (Montrose) – Latin gay club with drag shows, pop and Latin music hits and delicious frozen margaritas.
- Buddy’s (Montrose) – Sleek modern bar at the edge of Fairview, a busy bar at the heart of the community. Great Sunday Funday afternoons on the patio and delicious Meat Daddy pizzas.
- Crocker (Montrose) – No-frills hotspot with a wrap-around patio and popular happy hour.
- ReBar (Midtown) – A recreation of the former Rich’s, the bar features drag shows, bingo and trivia nights, plus the not-to-be-missed Sunday Funday drag brunch.
- Ripcord (Montrose) – The original leather bar in Houston, packed at weekends with a laid-back vibe and host to an epic pride block party.
- Hamburger Mary’s (Montrose) – A must for weekend drag brunches, F-Rated Fridays and sing Show Wednesdays.
- George Country Sports Bar (Montrose) – Famous cowboy and sports bar with laid-back atmosphere.
- Michael’s Outpost (Montrose) – Popular piano and cabaret bar where Broadway tunes are belted out alongside Whitney Houston throwbacks.
- Eagle Houston (Montrose) –Historic two-story bar with back patio, kinky gift shop and energetic dance floor with a killer DJ!
- JR’s Bar & Grill (Montrose) – Spacious bar with massive back patio, multiple dance floors, cute Gogo dancers and outrageous Drag shows.
- Barcode (Montrose) – Unique bar with hot strippers on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 10 pm and club nights on Thursday with Video DJs.
- Numbers (Montrose) – Legendary night club operating for over 40 years with a large dancefloor and host of several theme nights throughout the week.
- Tony’s Corner Pocket (Midtown) – High energy club with friendly bartenders, amateur strip nights, and great cocktails; a little something for everyone.
Popular Houston Hotels
The following Houston hotels are close to all the city’s top attractions and a short ride to the pride celebrations and parties:
Recommended Hotels in Houston By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels Houston that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
The Peninsula Chicago
5 Star, Luxury
This 5 star hotel offers luxurious accommodation equipped with a desk, a flat-screen TV the in-room iPad allows guests to book spa appointments, order in-room dining, or call valet.
The Lancaster Hotel
4 Star, Readers Choice
Located in the lively Theatre District of Houston, Texas, this boutique hotel is listed as a Texas Historical Landmark and a Historic Hotel of America. The hotel features free WiFi and an intimate dining experience
4 Star – Perfect Location
Located in the heart of, 1.1 km from the , this hotel features 3 on-site restaurants, a 24-hour fitness centre and a rooftop pool. Free WiFi & coffee maker
3 Star – Great Amenities
Located in the heart of, 1.1 km from the , this hotel features 3 on-site restaurants, a 24-hour fitness centre and a rooftop pool with sun deck.