From: Friday, Jun 25th, 2021
To: Sunday, Jun 27th, 2021
Ripcord Pride Houston Block Party 2021
Ripcord, the neighborhood Leather Bar in Houston’s Fairview Street, presents the annual “Not your family friendly Pride celebration”, an open air block party with great music and a fun atmosphere.
The annual Houston pride celebrations in Montrose, Houston, are celebrated each year at Ripcord with local vendors, local musicians and local performers taking centre stage over a 3 day event.
The party kicks off every day from 4pm and continues late into the night until 2am. Entry is for over 21’s only. No cover.
- Ripcord is the oldest leather bar in Texas. Since 1982, the bar has become an iconic staple in the Montrose community, hosting a wide range of events. Ripcord is a popular spot for various groups in the gay community, including Bears, Cubs, Daddy, Chaser, Twink, Leather, and Masculine Men. With its large patio, Ripcord is a great place to enjoy a beer or a cocktail on a nice Houston evening.
Gay Montrose, Where to stay?
For those seeking a Houstonian adventure with a little more sparkle than most, Montrose provides plenty of exceptional options.
- La Colombe D’Or on Montrose Blvd is now a swanky boutique hotel. With its own art gallery and a renowned restaurant to boot, La Colombe is a posh spot and beloved historic landmark that Montrose holds dear.
- Hotel ZaZa is a Montrose-adjacent luxury hotel with pool villas, concept suites, a high-end day spa, and the Monarch Bistro with its award-winning fare and a gorgeous view of Mecom Fountain and the Museum of Fine Arts.
- The galleria district in uptown, is just a short 5 min drive away from Montrose, the gay district in Houston.
- The Aloft Houston is a charming 3 star option with a great outdoor pool.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of CITY
Description of City
Houston’s gay community is located largely in the Montrose area. Here you’ll find many shopping, dining and cruising opportunities. The Galleria on the West Side, minutes from Montrose, is a great one-stop shopping destination, with 375 stores, restaurants, and entertainment.
The gay scene
Houston is a welcoming place where it’s virtually impossible to remain a stranger for long. The small-town feeling contrasts with this big city’s soaring skyline, world-class arts, and cuisine that’s as sophisticated and varied as you’ll find anywhere. The bar scene is varied too, from clubs catering to cowboys, leather guys, bears, and Latinos, to upscale lounges in the style of New York or LA, plus retro-music and alternative/arts venues.
A car is a must for getting around Houston’s sprawl. But if driving, observe the posted speed limits. Police here are vigilant. Metro has a fleet of buses and a rail network of three lines, red, green and purple, with 44 stations for getting around the city.
Recommended Apartments in Houston
The apartment is equipped with 2 bedrooms, a living room with a TV and a fully equipped kitchen that provides guests with a dishwasher, a microwave, a washing machine. Free WiFi
This air-conditioned apartment includes 2 bedrooms, a living room and a flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with a dining area, and 1 bathroom with a shower and a washing machine.
Midtown Apts with Wifi by Frontdesk has well-equipped accommodation featuring free WiFi in Houston Each unit features a kitchen, air conditioning, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.
The apartment has 1 bedroom, a flat-screen TV and a fully equipped kitchen that provides guests with a dishwasher, a microwave, a washing machine, a fridge and an oven. A private pool
Video Of Ripcord Houston
Ripcord Bar Houston
Recommended Hotels in Houston
The gay area of Houston is quite spreed out you will need to hire a car or Uber quite a lot to get to the different bars and events.
5 Star – Central Location
This 5 star hotel offers luxurious accommodation equipped with a desk, a flat-screen TV the in-room iPad allows guests to book spa appointments, order in-room dining, or call valet.
5 Star, Luxury
Set in downtown Houston, This 5-star hotel offers a 24-hour front desk and concierge, luxury car service, an on-site restaurant and spa. Guests can enjoy the rooftop pool and rooms with city views.
4 Star – Perfect Location
Located in the heart of, 1.1 km from the , this hotel features 3 on-site restaurants, a 24-hour fitness centre and a rooftop pool. Free WiFi & coffee maker
3 Star – Great Amenities
Located in the heart of, 1.1 km from the , this hotel features 3 on-site restaurants, a 24-hour fitness centre and a rooftop pool with sun deck.