From: Thursday, February 8, 2024
To: Wednesday, February 14, 2024
Although Koelner Carnival in Cologne is very gay friendly. This is a costume party after all. The city’s gay bars and clubs host special parties throughout the 6 day event including several circuit parties, sauna nights and late night after-hour events.
- Are you visiting for Cologne Carnival? Stay close to the party at 25 Hours Hotel Koeln The Circle, rated “Fabulous” by guests featuring beautifully decorated rooms and excellent on-site bar and restaurant.
Costumes are the order of the day, with just about everyone wearing one. The style is rather different from Brazilian carnivals. Think more “Prussian Soldier”, but then everyone loves a man in uniform.
Cologne Carnival Program Highlights
- The Carnival is six days of fun-filled events, making new friends and meeting old ones, if you can work out who is who, under all the makeup and sequins. Every night is a party or “Crazy Day”, running from the 8th of Feb to the 14th Feb 2024.
- Bar closing times are suspended for the festival duration. The city fills with costumes, drinking and singing. Each day Cologne echoes to the sounds of the Carnival battle cry: “Kölle Alaaf”, which means “Long live Cologne!”
- Stay close to the Carnival celebrations at Maison Marasil, a design hotel rated “Fabulous” by guests in the heart of the old town, featuring individually designed rooms and apartments.
Weiberfastnacht (Shrove Tuesday)
- 13th Feb 2024 – This is the traditional kick off of the annual event and sees thousands of visitors arrive in the city, packing the old town and the bars and clubs for a night of celebration.
Rose Monday Parade
- 12th Feb 2024 – The highlight is of Koelner Carnival is the Rose Monday Parade, Rosenmontagszug with over one million people lining the streets to see it from 10:30 a.m.
- The event is organized by the Cologne Carnival Committee of 1823. It is a colourful spectacle with sweets (“Kamelle”), little bouquets of flowers (“Strüßjer”), pecks (“Bützje”) and over one million of spectators in fancy dress.
The Burning of the Nubble
- 14th Feb 2024 – Midnight Tuesday is the symbolic burning of Nubbel, a straw doll “scapegoat” for all the sins of the year. the event is followed by Ash Wednesday with traditional fish dinners.
- Feb 9th – 11th 2024 – The Sexy Cologne Carnival Circuit Weekend – featuring the world’s top circuit DJs, thousands of guys and one of the most epic productions in Europe!
Where to stay during Cologne Carnival
The following Cologne hotels are currently trending with our readers. All are close to the city’s popular gay bars and carnival festivities:
Hotel Lyskirchen, Maritim Hotel, Dorint-Cologne, 25hours Hotel,
Where to stay close to all the gay bars
Our top 4 selections with the best rates.
The Steigenberger Hotel is our
choice located in the gay district!
For further information and advice on
Cologne Carnival, check out The Website
There two gay areas in Cologne: Rudolfplatz, known locally as the “Bermuda Triangle” is more modern in style with Many of the cafes, bars and clubs around have started during the last twenty years. The Old Town is home to more Traditional pubs and bars for mixed ages.
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Cologne that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
This hotel is situated in Cologne city centre, 200 m from the Heumarkt Square. It offers spacious rooms and a restaurant. Some rooms include access to a health club with large indoor swimming pool. Spacious rooms with soundproofed windows and modern décor. All rooms include free tea/coffee facilities and a stylish marble bathroom.
Featuring a bar, 25hours Hotel The Circle is located in Cologne the facilities of this property are a restaurant, a 24-hour front desk and a concierge service, along with free WiFi throughout the property. The hotel will provide guests with air-conditioned rooms with a desk, a safety deposit box, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a shower.
Centrally located in Cologne, this hotel provides excellent panoramic views of the River Rhine. The Maritim Köln offers elegant accommodation and a spa with a gym and indoor pool. The air-conditioned rooms and suites are furnished in warm colours. All rooms include satellite TV, a desk and a modern bathroom. WiFi is provided free
This hotel lies in the heart of Cologne, offering a large indoor swimming pool and modern gym, and the sauna can be used for a surcharge. The bright and spacious rooms at Hotel Lyskirchen feature elegant interiors. All rooms come with a flat-screen TV, a desk and a coffee machine as well as a complimentary bottle of mineral water. Free WiFi is available.
Carnival Cologne – Rose Monday Parade
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Expedia
We have chosen hotels in Cologne that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hotel has a bar/lounge and a coffee shop/café. WiFi in public areas is free. All 63 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and minibars. For a bit of entertainment, flat-screen TVs come with satellite channels
2 restaurants, a coffee shop/café, and a 24-hour business center are available at this smoke-free hotel. Free WiFi in public areas and a free manager’s reception are also provided. Additionally, valet parking, 24-hour room service, and concierge services are onsite.
Along with a restaurant, this hotel has a bar/lounge and conference space. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, concierge services, dry cleaning, and laundry facilities are onsite. All 78 rooms offer free WiFi, minibars, and flat-screen TVs with satellite channels.
This smoke-free hotel features a restaurant, dry cleaning, and laundry facilities. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a 24-hour front desk, free newspapers, and multilingual staff. All 25 rooms offer free WiFi, minibar