From: Saturday, October 28, 2023
To: Saturday, October 28, 2023
Halloween marks the start of the gay Spring/Summer Season in Cape Town as the city enters Spring and the costume become more daring each year.
- Visiting for Cape Town Pride? Stay in the Rockefeller Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests in a great location featuring fresh modern rooms and a superb fitness centre.
Halloween in Cape Town
- The annual Halloween event in Cape Town is organised by MCQP, The Mother City Queer Project, the group behind the annual end of year Christmas Party, one of the largest gay costume parties on the continent.
- The party takes place on the last Saturday of October each year. Venues vary, but the pre party and post party takes place in Crew Bar. (Note, Crew Bar is not closed, despite reports on some map sites, the venue is alive and well).The gay district of De Waterkant is full of sexy guys in crazy costumes.
- Each year the organisers make sure there are several different dance floors, playing music to suit all tastes. The hottest Gogos dance in the most amazing costumes. Tickets can be purchased in advance as the event sells out each year! Dress to impress, costumes are essential. The décor is excellent and horrifying as are the outfits that everyone went to great effort with.
- Finally, the party also hosts the announcement of the theme for the annual MCQP party in December!
- Check out the top hotels closest to the gay bars in De Waterkant.
Bars & Clubs hosting Halloween Events
- Cafe Manhattan – Long running popular gay bar and cafe with impressive cocktail menu and live shows with special theme parties.
- Zer021 Rooftop – Hosts a busy cocktail hour, drag acts and live shows. Very busy during live show nights.
- Crew Bar – Sexy bar staff with drag shows and theme nights. Popular with locals and tourists.
- Pink Candy Night Club – Spacious night time club, perfect for dancing with live DJ. Open Turs to Sat.
- Club Stargayzers – Large dance hall with superb music, drink specials and guest DJs.
- Shaft Cruise Zone – Gay cruise club with busy “underwear night” and very popular Halloween theme parties.
Where to stay in Cape Town
The following hotels are currently trending with our readers. All are close to the city’s top attractions:
The Capital Mirage, The Westin Cape Town, DysArt Boutique Hotel The Cape Royale
DeWaterkant, is next to the gay bars
Book now and pay on arrival.
The Glenn Hotel in Cape Town’s Seapoint
Stylish, great pool and gay operated.
For further information and advice on
Cape Town Halloween Party Facebook
Most of the gay bars are located in the De Waterkant area, surrounded by some lovely restaurants and only a short walk to the shopping streets, we have chosen some hotels and apartment that keep you in the hard of all the action.
Geneva Drive Villa Offers air conditioned accommodation with 7 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a living room, a dining area and a well-appointed kitchen with a dishwasher, and washing machine. An outdoor swimming pool. Free WiFi & free private parking
Merridew Villa is a stylish 6-bedroom villa, five of the six bedrooms are en suite and some of them have a balcony with ocean views, a fully equipped kitchen and separate lounge areas for guests to relax in. as well as an outdoor pool.
This secure and luxurious mansion includes a maid and bulter service. It is equipped with a heated pool, private gym, home cinema and 6 bedrooms. Guests can enjoy a drink at the bar and there is a pool table and 3 lounges for relaxation.
Clifton Private Beach Villa featuring an outdoor swimming pool and a bar, a full kitchen with a dishwasher, a living room with a seating area and a dining area, 3 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms This villa has a garden, barbecue facilities, free WiFi and free private parking.
MCQP 2015 SkullCandy | Candyland
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking
We have chosen hotels in Cape Town that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
The Table Bay Hotel is a 5-star luxury hotel situated at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town. It boasts beautiful views of the working harbor, Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean. It features a pool and a spa. Each air-conditioned room comes equipped with a minibar, flat-screen satellite TV and tea-and-coffee-making facilities. The private bathroom includes a bath and shower with free toiletries.
The Westin Cape Town’s airy rooms have deluxe bedding and floor-to-ceiling windows with views over Cape Town. Selected rooms have a spacious lounge area, all rooms with free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen TV. Guests can enjoy a vigorous work-out in the well-equipped gym which boasts panoramic city views. The outdoor pool is drenched in sunshine
Offering a rooftop bar and restaurant, The Capital Mirage Hotel is conveniently situated between Cape Town’s city centre and trendy De Waterkant. Free WiFi and parking are available. The spacious suites and apartments offer a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, kitchen facilities and bathrooms with bath and shower. Air-conditioned and fitted with a hairdryer
Situated just opposite the V&A Waterfront’s timeball tower, with panoramic views of the harbour and its surroundings. Enjoy breakfast in the morning room, followed by a swim in the outdoor pool. Classic décor and a spacious layout make the guest rooms and suites at Dock House a welcome retreat after a busy day. With stunning views of the waterfront from your balcony.