From: Saturday, Jul 10th, 2021
To: Sunday, Jul 18th, 2021
San Diego Pride
Pride 2021 Update – In person events will take place. The famous Hillcrest block party returns along with a special pride in the park ticketed event.
With 265 days with sunshine, its nearly always a good time to visit San Diego, and there is no better time than during the city’s annual Pride festival. Plan early as this is one of San Diego’s biggest events. Stay close by in the Mission Valley district, close to all the gay bars and clubs. Try the Kings Inn Hotel, with a great pool, gym and perfect location.
Highlights during the pride weekend include the Spirit of Stonewall Rally, the Pride Block Party in Hillcrest, and the always colorful San Diego Pride Parade on the last Saturday of the event.(*virtual this year.)
San Diego Pride Resilient Community March
- Sunday July 11th – 11.am – Gather at Balboa Park and march to Pride Flag in Hillcrest.
True Colors Revue
- Thurs. 15 & Sun. 18, July 2021 – 7.pm – Join Paris Sukomi Max’s True Colors Revue for Pride week at the gorgeous urban oasis insideOUT.
Military Pool Party
- Saturday, Jul 17, 2021, 2:00 pm – Local drag performer Nadya Symone provides five star entertainment with DJ Drew G at the official San Diego pool party. Wear your red, white and blue, pink, yellow and green and come celebrate Pride in military style. The event is free to attend and takes place at The Allure Pool at Viejas Resort and Casino (5000 Willows Road in Alpine).
Pride at the Park
- Saturday, July 17, 2021, 2:00 pm – Pride is your time to celebrate being out and proud in the San Diego sun! Dance the day away at Viejas Casino & Resort’s beautiful Park with your favorite DJs including DJ John Joseph, DJ Kinky Loops, and DJ Taj. The event culminates with incredible performances by Gottmik and more of your favorite queens from RuPaul’s Drag Race. After hours DJ PurFlo will help you spin the night away. Your fabulous host for the day is the incredible Jai Rodriguez from Queer Eye. This event is 21+ only.
The Block Party
- Friday, July 16 – Saturday, July 17 – 2:00 PM The Pride of Hillcrest Block Party kicks off Pride weekend in the heart of Hillcrest! This event for those 21 years and older includes food, drinks, carnival rides, and lots of DJs, go-gos, and dancing!
San Diego Pride Circuit Parties
Other events not to be missed include:
- The Unite Pride Circuit Party
- The DILF Party
- The Pride by the Pier Party
- The Escapade Sunset Cruise
- The Zoo Party
Where to stay?
The San Diego Parade & Route
- Returns 2022 –The parade kicks off at the Hillcrest Pride Flag on University Avenue at 10 and proceeds for 1.5 miles, turning south down 6th Avenue and then curving into Balboa Park via Balboa Drive and ending at Quince Street.
- Watch for the military contingent, which includes active duty and veteran service members. Be sure to cheer them on at the parade when the contingent passes by!
- What’s a parade without a marching band? Over 200 Southern California youth make up the Pride Youth Marching Band, which will perform down the San Diego Pride Parade route. And it wouldn’t be a Pride parade without motorcycles – and lots of them! Listen for the revving of the engines, and watch the Motorcycle Contingent cruise by as part of the procession.
- It’s tradition to close out the San Diego Pride Parade with the giant rainbow flag! As always, everyone is welcome to join in and help carry the flag to the San Diego Pride Music Festival
The Pride Music Festival
Returns in 2022 – Don’t miss the Pride Festival on Saturday (11 am–10 pm) and Sunday (11 am–9 pm), during which some 40,000 revelers of all ages and backgrounds dance and celebrate to performances by more than 100 musicians on four different stages.
The Free Rainbow Zone will be located just outside the Pride Music Festival and include many longtime attractions of the San Diego Pride Festival, including Art of Pride, Lambda Archives history area, Senior Cool Zone, Youth Zone by Trevor Project, Pride Family Picnic and more! And no ticket is needed – this area is completely free and open to everyone!
Gay Map of San Diego
The gay scene in San Diego is located mostly in the trendy Hillcrest neighborhood, just northeast of Balboa Park and a short drive or cab ride from downtown. Several others are in the districts just to the east of Hillcrest: University Heights and Normal Heights.
Recommended Apartments in San Diego
Light-Filled Industrial Loft in Little Italy in San Diego offers accommodation with free WiFi, With direct access to a patio, the air-conditioned apartment consists of a fully equipped kitchen and a TV.
All units here are air-conditioned and feature a flat-screen TV, a living room, a well-equipped kitchen with a dining area, and a private bathroom with shower and a hairdryer. Free WiFi is & parking
Located on the 15 floor this 2 bedroom apartment offer sweeping views over San Diego along with a fully equipped kitchen, a living room with TV and a bathroom with a shower. FREE WiFI
Studio, 1 & 2 Bedrooms
Fitted with air conditioning, a fully equipped kitchen a dishwasher, a microwave, fridge & coffee machine. with a dining area, a flat-screen TV and a bathroom with bath or shower.
Video Of San Diego Gay Pride
2017 San Diego Pride Parade Montage
Recommended Hotels in San Diego
Hotels in the gay district of Hillcrest are few and far between and tend to book out fast. The hotels in the downtown district offer a nice alternative, just 5 mins by taxi and located in some of the most historic locations of the city.
Inn at the Park, 3 Star
In the gay district
This unique all-suite San Diego property is situated on the edge of Balboa Park West. It features a piano bar and elegant suites with kitchen facilities.