From: Tuesday, January 30, 2024
To: Saturday, February 3, 2024
Benidorm Fest 2024
Spanish broadcaster RTVE and the Generalitat Valenciana present Benidorm Fest, the ultimate Eurovision Party in Spain.
- Visiting for Benidorm’s Eurovision spectacular? Check out the luxury Villa Venecia Boutique hotel in the centre of Benidorm with a spacious terrace, complete with hot tub! Alternatively, Hotel Queens provides simple yet popular accommodation, steps from the gay scene.
- The first semi-final will kick off on January 30th , 2024, with the second semi-final two days later, on February 1st . The grand final is on Saturday , February 3rd.
- Benidorm Fest is the new competition to choose the Spanish entry for Eurovision 2023. The event became a cultural phenomenon in 2022, capturing the imagination of Spain and the world for its stunning performances, spectacular stage design and epic after-parties.
- The event returns in 2024 with an even bigger production. The week-long presentation will include musical performances and cultural events across the city.
- Benidorm Fest features 16 different contestants over two semi-finals. The schedule features an Opening ceremony, two semi-finals and the Final.
- The event is set to sell-out most of Benidorm, so book now.
- Palau L’Illa de Benidorm – the host venue – will be expanded to welcome more fans to the live shows, with plans to have an audience of up to 8,000 people inside the venue.
- This event fills the town, so you should book well in advance. We recommend staying in the old town., close to Benidorm’s bustling gay scene. The old town is a 13-minute drive from the host venue.
- Second, the Generalitat will establish the Benidorm Fest Village, a unique space where fans can meet and experience Eurovision with various events. It’s sort of like the Eurovision Village, but with distinct Benidorm flair.
- Benidorm has a busy and friendly gay scene with the majority of the bars located in the Old Town, centred around the Calle Cuatro Esquinas and Calle Santa Faz.
- The majority of the gay bars are small and friendly, with outdoor street terraces, perfect for people watching.
- Sun worshipers can enjoy the gay beach on the Playa Levante, and a popular nudist beach at Racó del Conill on the other side of Cala Finestrat toward Villajoyosa.
Benidorm in January
- The average high in Benidorm is 15ºC in January, which drops to 6ºC at night.
- Relax in the sun during the day, but bring some warmer clothes for a night out on the town.
- The sea temperature is a fairly cool 15ºC, while humidity is low.
Where to stay in Benidorm?
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Benidorm
The gay scene in Benidrom is centered around a number of walking streets in Benidorm’s Old Town.There are a wide variety of small bars that cater to all tastes, from outrageously funny drag shows to exclusively male cruise bars with dark rooms.
Recommended Hotels in Benidorm By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Benidorm that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Hotel Villa Venecia
5 Star, Great Location
Situated next to Levante Beach in Benidorm Old Town, Villa Venecia Hotel Boutique has a terrace with a hot tub and spectacular sea views. Rooms feature a flat-screen TV, hydromassage bath and free Wi-Fi. Each elegant room at Villa Venecia Benidorm offers panoramic views of the sea and town.
Hotel Villa del Mar
4 Star, Great Value
Located in front of Benidorm’s Poniente Beach, Hotel Villa del Mar offers chic rooms with air conditioning and a fridge. It features an outdoor pool surrounded by a stylish terrace with loungers. Hotel Villa del Mar offers an all-inclusive option for guests. It features a buffet restaurant which serves Mediterranean cuisine.
4 Star, Amazing views
Set overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, in Benidorm town centre, the Gastrohotel RH Canfali provides magnificent views of the beach, and the bay area. It is set near bars, restaurants and night life. Set in one of Benidorm’s iconic buildings, all ir-conditioned rooms have flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi, private bathroom
3 Star, Touristic Area
Hotel Helios Benidorm is set 500 m from Levante Beach, in the heart of the touristic area of Benidorm. This hotel has 24-hour reception, spa with hot tub, sauna and Turkish bath, and an outdoor swimming pool, free WiFi. Rooms are spacious and comfortable rooms. They all have a private balcony and satellite TV, air conditioning, a safe, a mini fridge
Video – Benidorm Fest
Highlights from Chanel’s performance, winner of Benidorm Fest