From: Friday, July 21, 2023
To: Saturday, July 29, 2023
Belfast Pride runs over ten days in late July, featuring 135 different events, parties and cultural events, culminating with a vibrant parade through the city streets on the final Saturday of the Pride celebrations.
- Stay close to Belfast’s top attractions and a vibrant gay scene at the AC Hotel, featuring spacious rooms with city views, a modern gym and highly-rated breakfasts.
- Pride is one of the biggest festivals in Belfast, attracting more than 60,000 visitors.
- Events include the main parade, party in the park, picnic day and several post-parade parties.
The Pride Picnic Family Day
- Sat 22nd July, 2023 – The Big Pride Picnic and Family Fun Day take over the grounds of Belfast City Hall from 12 pm to 3 pm.
- Events include a range of fun activities and live entertainment. Bring a picnic and enjoy a family day out.
- Sat 29th July, 2023 – The main parade typically begins at Custom House Square before travelling down High Street. It then takes a turn at Bridge Street and on past Waring Street.
- Marchers then proceed to Donegal Street and down Royal Avenue before continuing to Donegal Place.
- The final stages of the parade will take place on Chichester Street before finishing at Victoria Street.
- Participants gather from 11.30 am with excitement building throughout the morning until the parade kicks off at 1 pm.
- Stay in the heart of the city and close to the parade at the 4-star Ten Square Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests with one of the best locations in the city.
Party in the Square
- Sat 29th July, 2023 – Party follows the Belfast Pride parade in the Square, six hours of music and fun for all the family in Custom House Square.
- Enjoy a host of shows, including famous local and international drag queens, live performances and guest DJs.
- Events continue at various venues across Belfast city centre throughout the weekend.
- Upgrade your Belfast stay at The Merchant Hotel, rated “Superb” by guests, with stylish rooms, superior service and high-end amenities, just steps from the city’s nightlife.
- Belfast’s best gay bars and clubs are located in the city’s Gay Quarter area, north of the city centre on the edge of the Cathedral Quarter.
- Discover the top hotels closest to the gay quarter.
- Most of the gay bars are clustered around Union Street, between Little Donegall St and Donegall St.
- This historic trading quarter is a maze of cobblestoned streets and warehouses, home to trendy bars, clubs and restaurants.
- Visitor attractions include the Metropolitan Arts Centre and the NI War Memorial.
- Enjoy afternoon tea at the luxurious Merchant Hotel and admire the opulent surroundings, huge domed ceiling and Ireland’s largest chandelier.
Gay Bars and Pride Events
- Kremlin – The city’s most famous gay club is probably Kremlin on Donegall Street. A Soviet-style industrial opulence exudes throughout the venue’s extravagant decor, with the Tsar Cocktail Lounge, the Long Bar and Red Square continuing the communist-chic vibe. Various theme nights, celebrity performances and the friendliest up-for-it clubbers give Kremlin the reputation of being the best gay venue in Ireland. Open daily (except Wednesday).
- Union Street Bar – Situated in a 19th-century shoe factory, Union Street Bar is one of the city’s most stylish bars with a cool yet comfy vibe. Upstairs, the Green Room Cocktail Lounge is particularly worth a visit, and the adjoining Shoe Factory provides wacky entertainment, from bingo and karaoke to quizzes and cabaret.
- Maverick Bar – On Union Street, a popular gay bar well-loved for its eclectic live music nights and comedy shows. The open mic sessions are unmissable, taking place every Wednesday.
- Muriel’s Cafe Bar – Charming gin bar with a crazy interior attracting a mix of locals and tourists.
- Boombox Belfast – Head to Boombox Belfast on Donegall Street in the Gay Quarter. This club hosts some of the best drag acts, internationally and locally. Make sure you keep an eye out for Belfast’s fiercest drag talent. Open every Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday night from 10 pm til late.
- Cabaret Supper Club – Luxurious supper club. Enjoy live burlesque, contortionists, magicians, comedians, bands, and even famous local artists, while you enjoy a sumptuous meal served by your own Cabaret Butler and all of this in the convenience of a Belfast City Centre venue.
Recommended Hotels in Belfast
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Hilton Belfast, The Fitzwilliam Hotel, Grand Central Hotel, The Merchant Hotel
Where to stay close to all the gay bars.
Our top 4 selections with the best rates.
The Merchant Hotel is our editors choice
when in Belfast in the heart of the city!
For further information and advice on
Belfast Pride, visit the Website
Belfast is a compact city, easily walkable and full of charm and character. Gay life is centred around the Cathedral Quarter, home to several gay bars and clubs.
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Belfast that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
A look back at Pride in Belfast