From: Friday, September 1, 2023
To: Sunday, September 10, 2023
Bears Week Sitges has grown into the No 1 Bear event in Europe, attracting more than 5,000 bears, cubs, musclebears, chasers and admirers from all 4 corners of the globe. This is one sexy event where sensuality and sun ooze in the hot September nights.
- Visiting for Bears Week? Book your stay as early as possible. Expand your search to Apartments. Sitges has some top-class options with great views and high end amenities.
Last Minute Hotels 2023
- Hotel Sabatic – New Hotel, opened in August. It is a Marriott property, 10 minutes walk to the beach with a stunning pool.
- Hotel Antemare – Reopened after a Summer closure. The hotel has limited rooms and offers a large pool and sundeck.
- Melia Sitges – Perfect for those who love Balmins Beach. Two pools, large hotel, excellent service.
- Dolce Sitges – The only 5 star hotel in Sitges, located outside of town (Taxi EUR 10 – 5 min drive). Just completed an EUR 14 million refurbishment.
The Bear Village
- Since 2022, the bear village has moved further up along the paseo, opposite the Hotel Calipolis (Same site as the Pride Village)
- The Mediterranean Sea forms the backdrop to the “Bear Village”, a purpose built village in the paseo complete with an al fresco bar, stage and DJ. Every night from 7pm until 3am you can join hot guys on the beach for some of the best music and partying in Spain.
- Although the Bear Week kicks off on the Friday, the Bear Village does not open until the following Monday (Sept 4th), however, don’t worry, the town fills up with bears several days before the official start date as the streets of Sitges, and in particular “Bear Alley” become party central.
- Enjoy seafront views of the Bear Village at the Hotel Platjador, a 3 star hotel with high review scores, a pool and deck, extra large rooms and delicious breakfast options.
- Other seafront hotels include the popular 4 star Hotel Calipolis with wraparound balconies and central location.
- Bear Alley is the nickname given to Calle Joan Tarrida, the street connecting Plz Industria (home to Parrots Pub and Central Bar with large outdoor terraces) to Bears Bar on Calle Bonaire.
- The street is home to popular gay bars, El Horno, Man Bar, XXL, La Villa and Amb Gust. Bears gather for post beach drinks from 5pm onwards as the street fills up with guys from around the world. Arrive early. From 8pm, the streets are full. The street party, though unofficial, is one of the major attractions of the event.
- Hotels close to Bear Alley include the Hotel Alenti, a boutique hotel right on Plz Industria with views of the gay square.
- With fewer than 15,000 hotel rooms, Sitges fills up fast. Many visitors choose to stay in one of the 300 apartments that are available to rent short term.
Balmins – The Bear Beach
- Sitges has 17 different beaches, 3 of them gay. Balmins is the reigning queen of beaches during the bear festivities. The beach is 1.3 km from the centre of Sitges. It takes about 16 minutes to walk and the journey is quite something. Apart from bumping into hot bears along the way, you have the beautiful Mediterranean sea as your guide. Just follow the beaches past San Sebastian and you can’t get lost.
- Many visitors choose to stay close to the beach and walk into town. A taxi is also an option costing around EUR 6.
- The Melia Sitges hotel is just steps from Balmins Beach, has two large pools, spacious rooms and is very bear-friendly.
- Other nearby hotels include the San Sebastian Playa Hotel. Again, this hotel has some of the larger rooms in Sitges, has a small pool with a pretty internal courtyard and is located in a quite area about 5 minutes walk to the centre of Sitges.
The PopAIR BBQ
- Join the hottest boys and bears from Barcelona for an epic BBQ.
- The event returns for two parties in 2023, Sept 2nd and Sept 9th.
Sitges Gay Bars
- Bars with outside terraces are especially popular during Bears Week, including Man Bar, XXL and El Horno and the balcony of Bears Bar. The interior terrace at La Villa is also a great option if you are looking for something a little different. Cox Bar on Joan Tarrida has a spacious terrace opposite La Villa.
- Bar 7 Lounge has re-opened with a very bear-friendly owner in the old town with new decor and fun vibe.
- Late night bars remain as before; Soho, Privilege, Queenz and El Piano. Cruising bars such as Bears Bar and Bukkake have also weathered the storm.
Where to stay in Sitges during Bears Week
- Hotel MiM – Owned by footballer Messi, the hotel is at the heart of Sitges, just steps from the main gay beach and is home to the Skybar, a perfect place to begin your evening with breathtaking views of Sitges.
- Hotel Medium – Right in the heart of Sitges town centre, with a large pool and gay-friendly staff.
Bears Week May Edition
Sitges has not one, but two bear events. The smaller Bears Week Sitges, May Edition takes place during the May Bank Holiday weekend.
Where to stay close to all the gay bars.
Our top 4 selections with the best rates.
Hotel Mim is our choice when in Sitges,
close to the beach, bars & clubs
For further information and advice on
Bears Week Sitges visit The Website
Discover the key highlights of Bears Week 2023 in Sitges. Events to be confirmed, but use this as a guide.
Popair BBQs for both Saturdays are confirmed as is the Underwear Party on Sunday in Bears Bar.
|Friday 1 Sept||8:00 p.m. > INAUGURATION: “Bears Sitges Week” Inauguration We will toast with Cava and an Appetizer. Hotel Calipolis. Free entry.|
9:00 p.m. > Rubber and Leather Meeting – Bears Bar Sitges
11pm > Opening Party: At XXL Disco Bar
|Saturday 2 Sept||2:00 p.m. > 12:30 a.m.: BBQ DAY” & Popair Performance on Rte. LE PATIO.|
11pm > 100% BEARS Party: At Bears Bar
|Sunday 3 Sept||6pm: > Underbear Party at Bears Bar – Arrive early.|
|Monday 4 Sept||9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. > Special WELCOME Night: At Bear-Village|
|Tuesday 5 Sept||9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. > WHITE NIGHT Special: At Bear-Village|
|Wednesday 6 Sept||21h to 03h >Special Night PRAGUE BEARS 80´s & 90´s With DJ Paw.L – DJ Peasant & DJ BearOsol : At Bear-Village|
|Thursday 7 Sept||10 a.m. > Parc del Garraf Excursion: BEARS from PRAGE organize the traditional excursion to the PARC del GARRAF. You can join the excursion at 10:00 a.m. at the RENFE train station. More information about this excursion in this link: here .
8:00 p.m. > Bears Dinner-Show: At QUEENZ Restaurant “Exclusive Night for Bears & Friends”. Book directly at the restaurant or on their website www.queenzdinnershow.com
9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. > Special Night of THE CAPITAN with Dj PASCAL: In Bear-Village
|Friday 9 Sept||9:00 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. > Special Night BEAR CARNIVAL of Gran Canarias with Dj PERFECTO: In Bear-Village|
|Saturday 10 Sept||2pm > BBQ DAY” & PopAir Performance on Rte. LE PATIO.
9:00 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. > Special Night Bears Sitges 21st ANNIVERSARY: At Bear-Village
|Sunday||9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. >Special GAY ROYAL Night: At Bear-Village|
Most of Sitges gay bars are located in the centre of the village just seconds from the beach, on C.Bonaire, Joan Tarrida and Plz Industria. Most hotels are within 5 minutes walk of the centre.
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Sitges that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
HIghlights of the SItges Bears Week, which takes place every September.
Sitges is the perfect destination for a celebration, or for entertaining a large group of friends during key events including Carnival, Bears Week, Pride or one of the other many festivals taking place throughout the year.