From: Thursday, July 25, 2024
To: Monday, July 29, 2024
Berlin Gay Pride 2024 – Sexy and Big…just the way we like it.
Berlin’s gay Pride or as it is known in Berlin, Christopher Street Day is one of the big gay prides in Europe attracting hundreds of thousands of people from around the world, with Nearly 200 events and parties held during the festival. Including Theatre, shows, comedy, exhibitions, lectures, films and concerts.
Where to stay during Berlin Pride
- Visiting Berlin during Pride? Stay in Schöneberg close to the historic gay district.
The following hotels are close to all the bars and are highly rated by our readers:
- Mercure Berlin Wittenbergplatz – Rated “Fabulous” by guests, with a perfect location and delicious breakfast options.
- Scandic Berlin Kurfürstendamm – Great location. Rooms with a Scandinavian design, with great amenities.
- Riu Plaza Berlin – One of our most booked hotels with spacious rooms and delicious breakfasts
- Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st July, 2024 – The Gay and Lesbian City Festival Stadtfest Festival, also known as Motzfest, is the week before the main parade. The festival attracts more than 350.000 visitors. The gay and lesbian city festival around the bars in Schöneberger Kiez is one of the highlights of Berlin’s queer calendar.
- Don’t miss the GMF Stadfest closing party, with spectacular shows, sexy guys and unique venue.
Berlin Gay Pride & Rally
- Saturday 27th, July 2024 – Marchers gather at 11.30 am for a 12 pm kick off.
- Route to be confirmed for 2024 – The parade starts typically at at Leipziger Str and takes the following route | Potsdamer Platz | Potsdamer Str. | Bülowstr. | Nollendorfplatz | Karl-Heinrich-Ulrichs-Str. | Lützowplatz | Klingelhöferstr. | Hofjägerallee | Großer Stern | Str. des 17. Juni | bis zum Endpunkt für Fahrzeuge: Yitzhak-Rabin-Straße | The Parade ends at Straße des 17. Juni bis Brandenburger Tor
- Typically, the parade lasts until 4.30 pm, after which there’s a Pride Rally at 5 pm, with the stunning Brandenburg Gate acting as a backdrop for the proceedings. The rally opens from 4pm and features live performances, bands and DJs.
Berlin Pride Parties & Circuit Events
Berlin is home to some of the biggest gay club nights and pop-up parties in Europe. The following events have been confirmed during Berlin Pride
- Revolver Berlin Pride – The biggest Monthly gay party hosts a weekend of events, including the Revolver Berlin Heroes event featuring 4 parties over 3 days in some of the city’s top venues.
- Propaganda Pride Party – A Chic and cosmopolitan party in the week leading up to Berlin Pride.
- Addiction Sports Fetish – Berlin’s ultimate fetish party returns for a special Pride Sports Fetish Party.
- House of Pride Berlin – Held at Club Ritter Butzke with more than 7 different areas and a variety of music styles from house to pop over 3 floors.
- CSD Party Berlin – Euphoria, a pride event taking over the Kulturbrauerei – A 25,000 square metres (270,000 sq ft) building complex
- Horse Meat Disco Berlin – Pop up version of the famous UK edition, hosts a special indoor/outdoor Pride closing party.
- SchwuZ hosts a series of parties over the pride weekend including Queens Land and Daddyland warm up. The post parade event is their most popular. The veteran gay club is located in a former brewery on Rollbergstraße 26 and is home to all things pop, from Madonna to Gaga!
CSD on the Spree
- Thursday 25th July, 2024 – Traditionally, Pride month in Berlin is also celebrated on the water. This year’s boat parade of the “CSD on the Spree” takes place in the week leading up to the main parade.
- The event is followed by a fun and busy Spree After Party.
- Over 16+ different ships take to the river for a colorful and fun parade and party.
Recommended Hotels in Berlin
The following hotels are close to Berlin’s gay district of Schöneberg and a short ride to most of the pride events and celebrations:
Gay Map of Berlin
Being such a large city, gay neighbourhoods are scattered around Berlin, in the districts of Schöneberg and Kreuzberg (the western part of Berlin) as well as in Prenzlauer Berg (eastern part). Recently, the district of Friedrichshain developed a trendy area for upmarket coffee shops and cocktail bars. The majority of the gay hotels, bars, cafes and shops in Berlin are located in the Schöneberg district.
Recommended Hotels in Berlin By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Berlin that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
The Westin Grand
5 Star, Luxury
- 5-star luxury, spa, and grand staircase lobby.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Elegant rooms, flat-screen TVs.
- Offers a blend of historic charm and modern luxury, close to Brandenburg Gate, with excellent dining and spa facilities.
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4-star, near KaDeWe and Kurfürstendamm-boulevard.
- Close to the gay district.
- Flat-screen TV, & balconies.
- Ideal for exploring Berlin’s Schöneberg district, offering comfort and convenience with a touch of elegance.
Riu Plaza Berlin
4 Star, Great Value
- 4-star, modern building on Kurfürstendamm boulevard.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Luxury furnishings, flat-screen TV.
- Combines modern luxury with prime location, perfect for those seeking a stylish stay near Berlin’s top attractions.
3 Star, Gay Hotel
- 3-star, hetero-friendly gay hotel.
- Close to the gay district.
- Flat-screen TV, iPod dock.
- Located in the heart of Schöneberg, it’s an ideal choice for those seeking a vibrant, inclusive atmosphere close to Nollendorfplatz.
Video Of Berlin Pride
Coverage of the Berlin Pride
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Berlin
Berlin is a diverse and inclusive city with a vibrant LGBTQ+ community. There are several popular gay neighborhoods that each offer a different vibe.
Schöneberg | Historic Gay District
Photo: Schöneberg, home to Berlin’s popular gay bars and the Folsom Street Fair
- Located to the southwest of the city center, Schöneberg is one of Berlin’s oldest and most famous gay neighborhoods.
- It has a rich LGBTQ+ history and is known for its lively gay bars, clubs, and LGBTQ+-friendly businesses.
- Schöneberg is home to KaDeWe, one of Europe’s largest department stores and a shopper’s paradise.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Schöneberg
Home to the famous East Side Gallery, with a diverse and multicultral LGBTQ+ scene with eclectic bars and clubs.
Up-and-coming neighborhood, popular with hipsters and home to the world famous, long running Schwuz nightclub