From: Saturday, August 10, 2024
To: Sunday, August 18, 2024
Barcelona Circuit Festival 2024
Barcelona hosts Europe’s Largest Gay Circuit Festival in August, complete with the legendary Waterpark event. Barcelona Circuit Festival is the biggest European gay festival, featuring ten days of beach fun, pool parties and evening circuit events.
- If you plan on staying for the entire event make the NH Calderon your home base. It is perfectly located, close to the bus stops for the parties and the gay bars and clubs of Eixample. You can also find some great apartment options dotted across the city.
- You should decide early on which parties you want to attend and which to skip.
- An all inclusive party wristband is the best option. Individual parties can cost up to EUR 60.
- The gay neighbourhood of Eixample, or Gayxample, is full of charming gay restaurants, bars and hotels. It is close to the famous Las Ramblas in the heart of Barcelona and allows for easy access to the city’s top attractions.
- Circuit Festival features 9 days of parties, both day and night. Highlights include the Opening Party and the Closing Party, both of which are the most-attended.
- The three pool parties are also very popular, La Leche Day Party, Guapo and After Sun.
- BOOK YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE.
- Saturday – Matinee Big Opening
- Sunday – Forever Tel Aviv | Megawoof
- Monday – PAPA Party by Eliad Cohen
- Tuesday – Water Park Day and Night Edition
- Wednesday – Brutus Party
- Thursday – Matinee Leche Pool Party (Day) followed by Pervert XXL
- Friday – Rapido Amsterdam
- Saturday – Guapo Pool Party followed by Massive Main Event
- Sunday – Matinee After Sun Pool Party followed by La Leche Closing Party
Getting to the parties
- The producer of the Barcelona Circuit Festival, Matinee, provide bus transport from Plz Catalunya to most of the out-of-town events.
- Most of the bigger parties take place outside the centre of Barcelona, so take the bus and enjoy a journey with lots of hot guys.
What time to arrive?
- Circuit Festival’s Night parties get busy after 2am – you are in Spain after all, where guys like to party late! 6am is the closing time. Most locals arrive between 2 am and 3 am.
- Dinner in Spain takes place after 9pm, followed by drinks around midnight and then partying!
The Waterpark, the Holy Grail of Circuit!
- Waterpark day is on Tuesday, (Date to be confirmed) Read our insider guide to enjoy the best possible experience at this unique party. Circuit Waterpark is split into a daytime and nighttime event.
- The Waterpark is an essential part of the week-long celebrations. Let’s face it, if you haven’t been to that party, you haven’t been to Circuit! 14,000 gay people take over the venue. Head to the middle of the pool and wait for the music to begin. It’s truly amazing!
- The day party takes place from 10am to 10pm, culminating in a huge fireworks display.
- The night party takes place inside from 10pm to 6am.
Illa Fantasia – The Venue
- If you are attending both the daytime and nighttime events, its best to bring a change of clothes. Lockers and showers are available but queues are long so be prepared to wait. The park several food vendors. You won’t go hungry.
- Circuit Festival Water park is about one hour from the centre of the town. The bus is the best way to visit. Taxi’s can be expensive and hard to obtain later on in the evening. If you want to return home without joining the queue, leave early.
Where to stay for Circuit Festival Barcelona
The following hotels were the highest rated by our visitors to the previous Circuit Festival. All are close to the city’s gay bars and attractions and each has a unique feature which might help you decide on which to choose:
- COOL POOL – El Avienida Palace – Just a short trip to the bars and clubs of the gay Eixample district and is rated “Fabulous” by guests with a rooftop pool providing sweeping views of some of the city’s famous landmarks.
- CENTRAL LOCATION – Catalonia Passeig de Gràcia for your hotel stay. The 4 star superior hotel is rated “Superb” by guests with a perfect location, attentive staff a beautiful roof terrace with pool, state of the art gym and modern decor.
- GYM AND SPA – Hotel Catalonia Barcelona Plaza is a 4 star hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests with spacious rooms featuring a contemporary design, a full service spa and wellness centre and stunning rooftop views with epic views.
Gay Map of Barcelona
The gay district of Barcelona is located in the city’s Eixample district, known locally as “Gaixample”. Here you will find most of the gay bars, clubs and restaurants. It is quite compact and easy to navigate. There are also lots of hotels and apartments available in this area.
Recommended Hotels in Barcelona
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Barcelona that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
El Palace, 5 Star
Old World Charm
Hotel El Palace Barcelona is located in Eixample District, close to the Ramblas, the main shopping area and Barcelona’s main tourist attractions. It offers a Mayan-style luxury spa. A limousine service with a chauffeur is available on request. Stylish air-conditioned rooms with classic decor, satellite TV, desk, minibar and a private bathroom
H10 Metropolitan, 4 Star
Great chill out pool
Featuring a rooftop terrace with a bar and chill-out pool, H10 Metropolitan is located in Barcelona, 90 m from Plaça Catalunya. It offers a tapas restaurant and free WiFi. Each room has a flat-screen satellite TV, air conditioning, coffee machine and a minibar. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer and bathrobes.
Catalonia Plaza, 4 Star
Great Value for money
Hotel Catalonia Plaza Cataluña offers an outdoor pool and stylish, air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi and satellite TV. It is housed in a Modernist building 50 m from Barcelona’s Plaza Catalunya. The hotel serves a continental buffet breakfast with show cooking and it includes a wide variety of regional products and home-made cakes.
Hotel Cram, 4 Star
Stylish- Perfect Location
The Cram Hotel is located in a building that dates back to 1892 and features a modernist façade, and a modern, elegant interior. Rooms boast advanced lighting and access control technology. The air-conditioned rooms a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Rooms feature beds by Treca de Paris, and elegant curtains by Gastón y Daniela.
Video CIRCUIT FESTIVAL Barcelona
Stunning video highlighting the best party of the event – the Waterpark.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Barcelona
Barcelona is known for its diverse and vibrant LGBTQ+ community, and there are several popular gay neighbourhoods that offer exciting experiences. Here are five of the most well-known gay neighbourhoods, each with its own unique charm and attractions
Eixample | Close to the city centre
- Located to the northeast of the city centre, Eixample is one of Barcelona’s most famous gay neighbourhoods, often referred to as “Gaixample”.
- The neighbourhood is home to numerous gay-friendly hotels, gay bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops.
- One of the most popular attractions in Eixample is Antoni Gaudí’s modernist building, Casa Batlló.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Barcelona
Raval has a bohemian atmosphere with an alternative gay scene and is home to Barcelona’s Museum of Contemporary Art.
The gothic quarter offers a mix of historic charm, trendy shops, and an inclusive atmosphere in the heart of the city.